Scott & White Healthcare

Scott & White Healthcare Reviews in Temple, TX

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Scott & White Healthcare President and CEO Robert W. Pryor

Robert W. Pryor

Pros
  • Huge organization with reasonably good benefits and opportunities(in 3 reviews)

• Great place for new doctors to get their feet wet(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hardly enough merit increase to combat against the rising cost of living (last year's max raise was 2(in 3 reviews)

• No pay raises yet more work and demand(in 3 reviews)

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It could be a great place to work.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsLove the patients, but hate the political BS. Could be really great if priorities were in the right place. I hope the Baylor merger helps the issue.

ConsNo raises to staff members, but keep on building new clinics and hospitals. Do not hire most qualified persons for jobs. It is all about who can kiss up the best around here.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen we are short-staffed, management should step up and help out rather than hiding out in their offices or being off on vacation.

West Campus, RCO Clinic

Billing and Follow-up Tech (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsEven though you pay an arm and leg for it, it is decent coverage.

ConsPay is below par, health plan premiums are through the roof (and I am an employee), Management doesn't have any answers to questions, Training in my department is terrible (there are people who have been here for years and still can not figure things out), Management singles out people that don't fit there idea of a good employee and tries to find a reason to fire you!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to quit having favorism with the employees that fit there scheme of things. If they treated the other employees the same, we may want to be here and work harder. We are not children that they can just treat however they want to,

Financial counselor

Financial Counselor (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsNot a long list of pros other than it is income and the insurance Benefits are decent and discounts at stores

ConsNo pay raises and no growth opportunities. favoritism is rampant among management constant turnover workload is ever increasing not enough employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your current employees we are the ones who make this place work we have good ideas for moral and productivity

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get your experience and move on.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsGood coworkers. Committees to prevent certain things (pressure ulcers, cauti). Epic charting system.

ConsDoes nothing to keep employees happy and satisfied. I.e., No pay raises yet more work and demand. Limited supplies to do your job. Management has unrealistic expectations of floor nurses. New staff and turnover is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like you need them and want them to stay.

Sad place to work

Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsFriendly co-workers, easy to make new connections

ConsManagement treats staff as if they are easily replaced
    Dont appreciate their employees who handle most of the workload, correct others mistakes, and makes sure that patients are taken care of, but rather make them feel as if they are not good employees because they may need a day off every few months, while your supervisor and manager take more time off than anyone
    No breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize who are your strong employees and treat them as such
    Reward employees for a job well done
    Say thank you every once in a while
    Learn team buliding, I have worked with people for months who I have never even met!

They'd rather spend their money on pretty paintings then hire the sufficient amount of people to get work accomplished.

Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsThey are many job openings available. They take time to train you.

ConsThey are many job openings available, because this place is a revolving door. They know and let you know you can easily be replaced. There are never enough staff members to get the job done and new job responsibilities get added on each week. This place will burn you out quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a balanced organized way to assign job responsibilities. Don't complain about how not everything is being accomplished when you do not hire enough worker bees to get the job done.

Researchers disregarded and left alone, though intellectual property was highly sought after.

Research Fellow (Former Employee) Temple, TX

ProsAmicable employees
    Decent work environment
    Savings benefits
    Hospital strives to be leader in medicine --> provides positive slant on daily duties

ConsResearch salary was horrible!
    Management mingled in projects; involvement usually resulted in breakdown of research between Physicians and Researchers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want Researchers to provide your physicians with scientific outlets to improve patient outcomes, then stop involving yourselves, slowing down such projects with bureaucratic red-tape. That is such a cliche thing to say, but seriously, before projects could get a foothold, they died because S&W executives didn't "like" the idea. Great way to approach scientific discovery.

Stable work but little grounds for advancement makes Scott & White an employer that boxes employees into one role only.

Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) Temple, TX

ProsInsurance, Low travel, helping the sick and injured

ConsPoor management and constant loss of small benefits to the current staff make working at Scott & White feel as though the employees are supposed to be grateful for a job with no thanks.

Director

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Temple, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits. Certain VP's are great, others are marginal at best and unqualified with the personality of a bent screwdriver

ConsWith the merger in process, many are cautious concerning their positions. Upper management had no clue and allows bullying if you are a long time employee. Of course the Bullies are a block to progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to management 101, use solid team building and management principles, not the buddy system

Employees are not treated equally

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Temple, TX

ProsIn this economy, having a job is a pro. Made some great connections, learned a lot from coworkers (read: not managers).

ConsManagement plays favorites; understaffed; underpaid; dangerous patient loads; terrible/costly benefits; no growth opportunities; rules do not apply to everyone. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease ER nurse staffing to provide safe and manageable care to patients.

Get better managers and charge nurses that are willing to be team players; also, charge nurses should be able to take a full patient load without difficulty, after all, they are supposed to be the role model and the most competent, if they are not, they should not be charge nurses. It would be helpful to the team, the hospital and even the charge nurses, if the charge nurses are required to work shifts taking a full patient load without a student nurse/new hire to do all the work for them. Some of the charge nurses cannot handle the stress of increase volume and lash out at the staff.

If there is a rule, everyone should follow it; promote hard and smart workers, and if able give raises based on performance not just to favorites and relatives.

Decrease turnover! Nurses do not feel valued (unless nurse is a favorite).

Worked for Scott & White Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!