Scottrade Reviews in Westminster, CO

Updated March 20, 2014
Updated March 20, 2014

Scottrade Founder, President, and CEO Rodger O. Riney
Rodger O. Riney

Pros
  • The work/life balance is great--I never put in longer than an 8-hour day (in 40 reviews)

• It's also a great place for young college grads to get resume experience (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Small office environment, lack of growth/promotion unless willing to move to St (in 25 reviews)

• no room for advancement unless you want to change your job title and keep doing the same thing (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Scottrade is good if you are content with a simple and steady life-style.

Former Employee - Broker Trainee  in  Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Broker Trainee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Scottrade full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great schedules
    -Great management
    -Work was tiring but never any overtime
    -Steady work
    -Quite a few opportunites if you are interested in moving to St. Louis

Cons

-Limited growth
    -Most of the day spent on calls
    -Some of the 10 hour shifts could be very demanding
    -No place to eat food
    -Breaks and lunch time were very short

Give more opportunities for training and specialization

Fake Experienced QA Personnel gets hired frequently

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Scottrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Bad decisions are being made frequently to hire QA who fake experience and hired as Senior App development support and/or Senior QA Engineer.

Please do a detailed background check for IT Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) jobs as people who are being hired fakes their experience by showing out of state, non-existent companies aboard, and elsewhere. Almost the hires we made last few years are those who have worked as Babysitters, Groceries clerk, Administrative Assistant with no real IT experience. This will hurt our reputation to manage and provide exceptional service to our customers who trust our trading experience.

A good company

Current Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Scottrade for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good employee base and management

Cons

Pay not competitive but company is improving compesation

Pay your employees better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would be a great place to work if it wasn't so cliquish and supervisor wasn't so rude

Current Employee - Work In IT In Westminster, CO  in  Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Work In IT In Westminster, CO in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Scottrade

Pros

Job security (never had a layoff)
    Reasonable work load
    Nice building/office/location
    Purple is a pretty company color
    Good benefits
    Private company, not trying to please stockholders
    Great CEO with integrity
    Interesting work
    Best new employee training of any company I know of
    Supervisor doesn't micromanage

Cons

The IT area I'm in is the MOST cliquish place I've ever worked. They have lots of new people (hiring like crazy in Colorado) and new people are pointedly excluded from lunches, after work gatherings, etc. The old-timers who worked there long before Scottrade assimilated CRI walk around openly inviting their favorite cronies to lunch and happy hours, never bothering to glance toward the newbies. It's the most exclusive and callous group of people I've ever worked with. What's really bad is that the Supervisor is the most cliquish and inconsiderate one of the bunch.

Supervisor is horrible at his job too (though thankfully doesn't micromanage). He's inept, rude, and clearly doesn't want to be bothered with that icky old 'people stuff' that goes along with managing. He's gruff and impatient--borderline hostile--and has no time to help his staff, yet has plenty of time to take long lunches with his clique.

Low pay, supposedly mitigated by quarterly bonuses.

Can't work from home.

Realize that IT is different from branches and HQ and can work effectively from home. Esp those in areas with severe weather. We shouldn't have to take a vacation day because we can't get to work after a winter storm (the current policy). We won't slack off any more at home than we do at the office.

Pay better base salaries even if it means reducing bonuses.

Be aware that the cliquish antics of the CRI veterans WILL drive people away from the company after they've had enough of being treated shabbily. CO has an excellent job market and people have alternatives.

You need to monitor your supervisors to see if they're doing a good job, and see if they're treating their staff with respect. The guy I report to should not be a supervisor.

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!