Scottsdale Healthcare

Add Photos

Tom Sadvary

Very enjoyable work environment

ProsAs of 2013, it was a very pro-nurse work environment

ConsCurrently in the process of integration with John C. Lincoln, not sure yet how that will affect our nursing culture

Be cautious, Scottsdale Healthcare has changed

Dedicated Employee, Moving On Soon (Current Employee)

ProsA lot of good people take their job of patient care with pride.

ConsLeadership including many director only look out for themselves. Will lie and point the finger at others. Confidentiality is a joke and leadership and employees. With this merger with John C. Lincoln hospitals, your manager or above can tell you that you are safe and at the end of the day, you are walked out or your entire department is their area is being eliminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn system meetings, you talk about how great you are doing with this merger. Then privately leadership states that things are not going well. Lets see here, more lies, every time you turn around there is another person is promoted to a VP. You are top heavy in VP's and Directors at all 5 hospitals now because everyone is friends and to save money, eliminating the real workers and the real reason for the hospital. Patient care is suffering and you mention it in meetings. Please wake up. I have seen you get rid of good employees and keep the lazy ones over and over. Why? because the lazy ones don't express their thoughts.

Dishonest unfair

Biomed II Sterilization (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsI do not have any Pros for this department. Other departments are good people but this department is a very poorly organized and monitored department. I would chose another hospital to take my family to.

ConsLying, self centered veteran click. No teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry training you leadership and breaking up the veteran click.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has potential to be an awesome workplace

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGood benefits, great wellness program offerings, great locations for campuses

ConsNew management culture is geared more toward "new, young and cheaper" employees. In the next couple of years, many of the current employees will have been forced to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the experience your senior employees have. These are the ones "teaching" your residents. Even if you can hire the resident for cheap, it can't replace the experience.

Used to be a good organization but new management has ruined that.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsTuition assistance.
    A few good people.
    It's a stepping stone job at best to move on to a better more organized organization.
    A little better than no job at all.
    Employee discount in the cafeteria.

ConsAs an employee this is what I've seen first hand:
    Drama and cattyness amongst the nursing staff and management allows it or is oblivious. Either one is not good.
    Favorites are played. If you're not in the clique you are isolated and run out.
    Nurses are allowed to aggressively belittle co-workers with no consequences.
    I've heard nurses talk bad about and joke about patients at times. They take the care out of health care.
    I've heard staff talk poorly about fellow co-workers.
    Management has created an immature environment.
    Management is not friendly and mostly fake.
    Lazy nurses only a few work hard.
    Below average pay with very small raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over by closely investigating behavior of supervisors and unit managers. Maybe you can reverse the trend of immaturity that has occurred over the last year or two.

Good place to work

STaff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsMany learning opportunities. Good place to start if you are a new grad.

ConsIncreasing patient-nurse load. Average pay. Benefits decreasing over the past few years,

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease communication

Staff are hard working, leadership lie and will do anything to make them look good.

ProsI enjoy working with many of my co-workers. There are many good leaders, but this affiliation between two hospitals is very stressful and people do not trust anyone.

ConsLeadership only follow rules if they want you gone. Leadership is so afraid to deal with lazy people who do nothing. As someone high up said, they would rather promote stupidity and incompetence than get rid of them and hire competent people.
    With this "affiliation" and merging with the John C. Lincoln hospitals Directors and managers have meetings everyone is safe and then people are walked out a day or two later.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your staff. Mentor your employees, they may replace you one day.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

The minions win

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice network of hospitals. Great benefits. Some forward thinking people and doctors.

ConsSome departments have their own cliques, and in spite of management being proactive and giving great opportunities to key staff, the dysfunctional ones get jealous and sabotage projects. It leads to management even leaving. Ugh.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight need to nip these dysfunctional behaviors in the bud and remind the staff who's really making the rules.

Diet Rep

Diet Representative (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, much room to advance your career

ConsUpper management in each department that I worked in

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATE with your subordinates. Treat them like people.

This was one of the best places that I have worked.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey listen to the employees and offer good benefits.

ConsThough they paid for my schooling, I was not hired to work in the position for which I went to school.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Scottsdale Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!