Scoular Company

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014

2.3

Charles (Chuck) Elsea

Pros
  • The benefits package is what this company uses to keep employees around for as long as they can (in 8 reviews)

• Great opportunity to learn from senior management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one want's to be the "bad guy" in order to weed out middle management problems that are contributing to the high turn over rate (in 9 reviews)

• This company has an invasive middle management problem (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Documentation Specialist

Pros

The company has very good benefits. Very friendly co workers. Location in minneapolis was very nice.

Cons

Very political. You are either part of the "click" or you're always on the outside. Felt very micromanaged. Salary was just assumed, never had a chanace to discuss this. Entry level employees are looked down upon. Very high turnover rate.

Empower your employees to do their job and trust that they will.

Worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Not much to say for the pros column. Some of my coworkers were great and easy to get along with. They have some employee parties that can be good fun.

Cons

Pay is low, parking is cramped, technology is outdated, benefits are so so, middle management blamed me for any small thing that went wrong, they are not family oriented, few vacation days, schedule is very rigid, work is repetitive and the environment is rather toxic.

A terrible mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I did win some tickets to a timber wolves game twice. It was fun to go out after work with some coworkers.

Cons

Salary is below average. Parking is cramped. Computers and computer systems are old and outdated. Middle management is just a terrible mess.

Revamp what was mentioned in the cons section. It's time for an overhaul. I was Ok with still using windows xp and 2000 from time to time, but the management needs to be trained.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perhaps the worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - International Documents Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - International Documents Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Offices are fairly nice, and from time to time there were free tickets to local sporting events

Cons

I'm trying to avoid hyperbole here, but honestly, my boss might have been one of the worst human beings I've ever met. She seems to feel that hurling verbal abuse is the most effective way to motivate employees. She would criticize everything from the length of my bathroom breaks to the penmanship of my signature on documents. I discussed the matter with her boss, who shrugged it off and said that I needed to deal with it myself. Compensation was very low, and turnover was high. Temporary employees had to pay for parking out of pocket, which adds up fast in downtown Minneapolis.

Start monitoring some of the lower-mid level managers and consider cleaning house.

Turnover rate is very very high

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

This company is more of just a stepping stone than an actual career path. The experience was worth the effort until I could move onto bigger better things.

Cons

As the title suggests, the turnover rate is quite high in comparison to anything I have ever seen in the past. While I was only at this job for ~6 months, several employees came and went. Management and leadership are essentially non-existent.

Someone has to be able to step up and make decisions here.

Awesome people to work with and fast paced environment.

Current Employee - International Documents Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - International Documents Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great people. Fast paced job. Small company offers the opportunity to make awesome connections. Opportunity to learn many parts of the supply chain.

Cons

Outdated technology. Could start a career development program.

I don't recommend this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I worked here a year and a day. One thing I took away from work with the Scoular company is that I learned what traits I don't want my employer to have. The Scoular Company seems to encompass every negative trait you could find in a potential employer all wrapped up in one package. This does provide a good learning experience for a future career path.
    Outdated also. Some computers were still using Win2000.

Cons

I felt really expendable at this company. Some other reviews on this site have mentioned that the turn over rate is high. No joke. It really is that high. You will not be valued and wont' find a career path with this company.

The company needs some work. Employee retention should be made more a priority in addition to investing in your infrastructure.

A Bust

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Really nice conference room for meetings. Some of the photocopiers are also top notch with built in fax and will send an adobe document of your copied material to your email. I was quite impressed with that.

Cons

I don't think that management really cares about their employees. The turnover rate is high to say the least and I had to get through 4 interviews to get this job. I really wonder why they would do that. Compensation would most likely be higher at another company. Like I said "a bust".

Please please work on retaining employees. You won't have to waste all that training time by starting fresh with a new employee every 3 months. I feel it would be more beneficial to you in the future.

bad experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Clean work environment
    Bus drop off at the building
    Fun people to work with
    Insurance and retirement plan with parking and transportation perks

Cons

Salary is low, you can get paid more at other companies in this field
    Management is disorganized
    Outdated technology, really needs an update
    Really high turnover rate

Clean up and do some training. The management skill is lacking. Hire some people with MBAs that can get the job done.

I wasn't valued at this company. Just worth the experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

You can get some after college experience in the real world while working for scoular. It's a good start, but I can tell that they have no intentions of retaining employees here. This at least gives you an insight to the agra trade industry.

Cons

Dont plan on staying long. The turn over rate is super high. I was with this company for 6 months and saw so so many people come and go. Compensation is a little on the low end. Nothing special.

There must be something that you can do to try and retain your work force. Switching out employees every so often means a lot of wasted training time.

Worked for Scoular Company? Contribute to the Community!