Screwfix

Not yet rated.

Screwfix CEO Andrew Livingston

Andrew Livingston

Not bad!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy work, you can wear jeans and the uniform is pretty comfortable if you get the right pair of work boots. Hard labour, so good exercise! Will get you agile and fit especially in busy periods! Quite a laid back environment at my branch, the job got done but everybody had a laugh.

ConsThe computer systems are awful. They work on a centralised database, so when that goes down, the entire area network goes down.

We had no heating in the winter one year, and being in an uninsulated warehouse wearing nothing but a jumper was pretty bad. We were told we couldn't wear our coats but fortunately we could wear beanies and gloves. Still almost unbearable and I had to warm up in my car on my break!

Some of my supervisors were absolute idiots that had been there for a much shorter time than I had, and I ended up doing most of their tasks for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour system looks good and does its job, but the computers it runs on are awful. Invest money in new computers for every branch that are capable of running the software without crashing every day!

Also store managers, make sure your supervisors actually know what they're doing and can do it well before you promote them!

A great place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Yeovil, England (UK)

ProsFast moving, innovative, honest, gutsy. A great team effort where employees are valued and their opinions listened to and acted upon.

ConsMay be too demanding for the lighthearted, so if you want an easy job with no challenge, then Screwfix is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the pace and energy up - we love it!

Expansive

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsMega expanding company, loads of opportunities and fun

Conssome systems are poor, but are working on this, cold or hot warehouses, poor staff facilities in some sites

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove systems, Improve staff areas

Worked for Screwfix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Screwfix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Screwfix CEO Andrew Livingston. All reviews posted anonymously by Screwfix employees.