Scripps Health

Scripps Health Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Scripps Health President and CEO Chris Van Gorder

Chris Van Gorder

Pros
  • Quality employees, tuition reimbursement, opportunities to transfer, good benefits(in 6 reviews)

• Scripps provides great benefits to its employees and encourages advancement within the system(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You are force fed how Scripps is a "Great Place to Work"(in 4 reviews)

• The nurses are the lowest of the low while the patient's have all the power(in 5 reviews)

Solid Company with Questionable Management

Medical Coder (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFair pay
    Good benefits
    Room for advancement and movement

ConsPoor, disjointed management
    Communication issues due to disjointed sites
    Poor IS department
    Too many systems

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication and speed up change

Scripps Health is an excellent place to work.

Coordinator (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsScripps provides great benefits to its employees and encourages advancement within the system. The corporate executive team tries hard to make workers feel valued. Scripps has a "no lay off" policy; if your position is eliminated, they find you another job in the company.

ConsHealthcare has become a difficult business. Expenses keep going up and reimbursement is decreasing. Scripps has had to tighten its belt, so raises and ample staff are not as common as ten years ago. "Do more with less" is the motto spoken by the average worker.

Great benefits and place to work

Anonymous (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDiscounts and benefits are great. Generally, staff are friendly.

ConsStill learning, but mgmt don't like to listen and try new ideas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Superior patient care and excellent customer service towards patients, providers , and colleagues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRewarding to be part of the advanced healthcare where emphasis is on not only patient care but to be able to grow professionally in the healthcare industry. Encouraging further education provided. Excellent benefit and compensation package

ConsManaging high volume of patients with increased productivity. Adjusting to a Corporate world vs. Private practice.

Registered nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMercy great hospital family! They like to hire within.
    La jolla gets less homeless population

ConsDepending on which hospital you work within scripps you get different treatment. Mercy and chula ghetto but way better employee doctor relationships. Encinitas is a nice place, small though.
    La jolla thinks they are TOO good for the whole system, but they aren't honest people to work for
    Overall Scripps is great place depending on what you want.
    Hire pay compared to sharp or pomerado/ palamar

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using scapegoats!,,, take ownership in your issues
    Get computerized already
    Improve safety for psych pts

Wonderful place to work!

CNA (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsGreat pay and benefits, positive environment, kind hearted co-workers. There is a ton of room for growth within the company.

ConsThe only issue I had was favoritism among some employees and managers, but it seemed rare.

great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCEO is amazing, great place for people with families to work, high paying, excellent benefits

Consnothing negative to say at all

Decent Company... Like any healthcare company now... Lots of change.

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsBudgets are never an issue, and they always listen.

ConsConfusion among leadership on how Information Technology impacts their bottom line and leadership is not really present. Too much of a "management by committee" in the lower ranks. They pay well.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow decisive leadership, don't be afraid of a great place to work rating and last but not least don't let seniority be the key to putting people in the proper roles.

Great company, great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked a summer internship in the corporate office of Scripps Health. The workplace was very friendly and it was a very good working environment. The company is driven to help people.

ConsThere is not really anything negative that I experienced during my internship.

Excellent place to work

ProsScripps is one of the highest paying health care systems in the San Diego area. They provide lots of services and benefits to their employees (i.e. 3 free 15 minute massages on site).

ConsThe system as a whole has not converted to computer charting but will be up to date by the end of 2014. There will be growing pains but it will be a good thing overall.

Worked for Scripps Health? Contribute to the Community!