ScriptSave

3.6

Lori Bryant

A good place to work

I worked at ScriptSave full-time

Pros

You get to work with an intelligent, bright group of people who work together for the betterment of the organization.

Cons

Communication isn't always what it needs to be to be a truly effective organization.

Listen more

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that demonstrates the degree of concern for its employees that ScriptSave does. Not only is the work interesting and meaningful, it is also challenging and allows employees the opportunities to stretch and grow professionally. I genuinely like all the people I work with. The leadership team is fully engaged and actively "walks their talk". Scriptsave has won many awards for its awesome culture and community involvement. I wouldn't have taken the time to write this review if I didn't feel so strongly about how wonderful this company is. The benefits are pretty good, the pay is very fair, and the environment (work hard, but have fun) is great. There is a sense of family and employees take a great deal of pride in pulling together to deliver outstanding service and products to our customers.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons, but all companies have the opportunity to get better. Scriptsave takes that seriously and always looks for ways to improve. As a small company, we are facing some growing pains as we adapt to a more complex business environment, so I think we have to stay aware that we are in a time of change.

Continue to help us all focus on growing the business. Keep up the good work!

A great company with great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel compelled to write a review of ScriptSave after seeing what was written on here. ScriptSave is a great company that treats its employees better than any company I've experienced. The talent at this company is exceptional...at ALL levels. Of course the company isn't perfect, but they try really hard to take care of the employees and show all of us that we are valued. The dedication of ScriptSave employees, again at all levels of the company, has continued to make ScriptSave successful. It's a great place to work! Competitive pay and great benefits, incredible extra benefits offered to employees (paid days off to volunteer, ability to work remotely, generous PTO, great bonuses, etc) , working for people that actually care about you and your family and doing creative and fun work that helps people save money on the medications they need. It doesn't get much better than that.

Cons

I guess the biggest "con" is working with the very small number of people that don't appreciate what ScriptSave does for them.

This company promotes a culture to prospective employees that absolutely does not exist.

I have been working at ScriptSave

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Each individual in the management team has their own agenda. They do not work together for the benefit of the employees nor the company. There is an "inner circle" within management and even if these managers are incompetent they are protected and allowed to do whatever they please. This includes dehumanizing the people below them. People get into trouble for voicing their opinions. People are afraid that the management is going to use their power to fire them for personal reasons that does not have anything to do with work performance.

Ms. Bryant needs to get her finger back on the pulse of the heartbeat of the company...the employees.

ScriptSave is one of the best small companies in AZ

I have been working at ScriptSave

Pros

Employees – the best team of passionate, committed people I’ve ever worked with - we care about each other and what we do every day. We work hard to drive the business…the flexible working environment is much appreciated.

Leadership team – The execs care about allemployees, the customers and the business. LB is a top-notch President – she knows the business and expects her team to deliver on their commitments, she holds people accountable and has tremendous integrity … every leadership team will have their quirks, but by far, I’d rather work with this team than any of the others I’ve experienced out there… you won’t find anyone who lies, is dishonest or disrespectful in this group….

Culture – we are a small company with a big heart… there is a genuine care and concern for all employees. We are given generous with pay, bonus, benefits for all levels… not many small companies invest in their employees the way ScriptSave’s invested in me…. I LOVE working here!

Cons

Sounds like the 1-Star rating folks down below are a little bitter and unhappy… my advice: life’s too short, we spend too much time together as a team and we have too much work to do to be distracted by negativity and people who complain just to complain or without a resolution…

Just a reminder if you are still working here - you aren’t being held captive, so make a choice… move on to where you will be happy or re-commit and engage to the mission of the business and the talented team you have around you… that’s your choice. I’m choosing to stick around and work with the awesome people who want to work here…

This isn’t for just the senior leaders, but all managers. You all need to keep doing what you are doing – your actions speak will always louder than your words…. Continue to stay open to our feedback and ideas for improvement…. and we'll continue to work towards your vision of taking the company to the next level...

Company poised for growth

I have been working at ScriptSave

Pros

- Huge potential for growth - the outlook is positive.
    - Easy going day to day, yet challenging work material to keep stimulated.
    - Respect for work/life balance and a general sense of social responsibility. The company gives back...to its employees and to the community. As I have been here - this has been the strongest cultural trait I have felt.
    - Nimble organization going through a period of growth and maturity. It is clear from other reviews that there is a some dissatisfaction with the changes associated with growth and the process of maturing. In my opinion, those view may be short sighted - I see these changes as a positive.
    - Talent and creativity top down.
    - Compensation is stellar.

Cons

- Benefits are good - but could be better.
    - Organizational strategy could be better communicated to employees. One can piece it together for various conversations with executives - but it is apparent that it is not being communicated/distilled for consumption by all employees. The organization could benefit from a communication strategy that distills and feeds information through middle management.
    - Organizational structure could use some tuning.

- Develop a communication strategy - define the strategy and direction of the org.
    - Recognize that there may be merit to some of the comments herein - evaluate your middle management and make adjustments as appropriate.
    - This is a great place to work - keep doing what you are doing.

I love this company!

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time

Pros

ScriptSave is a great company to work for. The company has built an impressive business and a culture that promotes innovation, creativity, learning, and team work. We love our customers and we are obsessed with providing "positively outrageous service" to each other and our clients. I have never worked for a company that is so focused on ensuring that their employees are paid competitively and are rewarded and recognized for their work. The recognition programs range from annual bonuses to giving every employee in the company a free IPAD! I feel like I'm part of family here. The leadership at ScriptSave has an "open door" policy - but you can't just complain about things - you have to have given enough thought to your concerns and ideas to have some recommendations for how things could be improved. I love my work and feel like I can truly make a contribution to the company's success on a daily basis.

Cons

This is a fast moving business and sometimes leadership/management isn't always on the same page, but they work very hard to keep the communication channels open.

Keep doing what you are doing..."WOWING" the clients and customers and honoring/recognizing the employees.

Company "sells" happy culture but is really based on favoratism and unfairness

I have been working at ScriptSave

Pros

pay, benefits, sick leave, vacation time

Cons

ScriptSave "sells" a culture to new employees that they care about the employees and their happiness even referring to a book that they were cited in years ago. The real truth however; is that there is a core group of employees that work here that are friends and anyone outside of that circle is targeted and blamed, anyone else is micromanaged and eventually targeted. The company also promotes a less than 2% attrition rate, when in-fact, it is around 10%. Real creativity and innovation is not wanted in this company, especially if someone within the inner circle feels threatened that you are smarter or more talented than them. Management does not have an open door policy and if an employee complains, they will find a way to get rid of them. The promotional reviews at the beginning of these reviews are obviously written by management and/or the core group of favored employees as a PR campaign. It is easy to like a place where you work when you can get away with any type of behavior but if you are the person targeted not so much so. Also, the IT group works insanely long hours at the sacrifice of their family while management takes numerous vacations or works 1/2 days.

stop the favoratism and take a leadership class

Very much a "good ole' boys (and girls) " club

I have been working at ScriptSave

Pros

Rank and file employees are down to earth hardworking folks.

Cons

Management is terrible. The company's primary focus seems to be to provide these folks a place to go every day while ensuring they do not actually have to do anything once they get there. Customers are fed promises that the company cannot possibly deliver. Managers have little interest in managing workflow, when things go badly they look for the closest target to throw under the bus and upper management has little interest in discovering the truth when it is much simpler to instead always back those with tenure. The company is constantly recruiting for new talent, but when they actually acquire some they are treated as a threat and undermined as quickly as possible. I am definitely looking forward to getting out ASAP!

Hold your middle managers to the same standards you hold other employees!