ScrollMotion Reviews

Dean Furbush

1. Growing pains

Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They valued employees input and recognized some of the pain points the staff had and were working towards making a change.

Cons

Internal projects were hard to get through the door

Advice to Management

Business alignment

2. The vast majority of ScrollMotion employees are extremely passionate about the company and the work we do.

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time

Pros

This company is full of inspiring, fun, creative, caring and incredibly smart individuals. In my experience, everyone wants to see you succeed, and they are proactive about helping you achieve that success. This attitude makes for a successful company as a whole. Management puts a premium on cultivating and maintaining this fantastic office culture that facilitates creativity and growth.

Cons

The typical growing pains of a startup can create some cons but for me, nothing that outweighs the pros. I'm sure as the company continues to grow factors such as compensation, PTO days, etc. will grow with it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. Great company, solving a big creative problem, in an open and supportive work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion

Pros

- Smart and thoughtful people make up this company (no jerkhole policy)
    - Fun and laid back work environment
    - Great product, lots of opportunities to put your palm prints on a best in class technology
    - Leasership is accesable and engaged

Cons

- It's a startup, which often means long hours and all hands on deck
    - Company's headquarters is across the street from Penn Station, so you want to commit suicide when you walk outside
    - Company is overcoming the hangover of a 2013 management change, hence all the negative GD reviews, as one of the people that lived through this change, it's a totally different company

Advice to Management

- Keep it up! This place is really starting to bloom, don't forget to water it.

5. Really has turned things around!

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, innovative product, Fortune 100 customers, free lunch, snacks, flexible work schedule

Cons

A lot of baggage from the past...but the new team and management is making it work

6. Rewarding exposure to a startup that's genuine

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ScrollMotion is a rare case of balance in the NYC startup scene: authentic and approachable management, reasonable hours and competitive compensation all highlight the company's strength as a solid organization rooted with great people. Employees in all departments (sales, project management, creative, product, etc.) have a TON of influence on the direction of the company and are routinely encouraged to speak up at any time

Cons

Mobile technology for the enterprise is still a pretty new thing. It's not always easy to get a super clear message of the product to the market and, consequently, you have to be comfortable with mixing up your approach from time to time.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in top-notch employees!

7. Most rewarding experience of my career, hands down.

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at ScrollMotion enjoys working as part of a team, in a very focused and energetic way, in order to deliver for our clients. That teamwork has fostered an environment and culture that is truly enriching, from both a personal and professional perspective. We have fun together.....in everything we do, whether it's pitching our great product to prospective customers or dressing up for Halloween!

Cons

We're building brand awareness, which can take time. We're getting there, and plenty of folks are learning very quickly just how unique the product is.

8. Great people, great product but always better ways to improve.

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse client roster. Great product that clients love, staff is always continuing to improve. Love the laid back culture and very talented people to work with. There will always be politics but pretty low here so far. I love the daily music sessions. Everyone seems to work great together as a team with a common goal of achieving success for our clients. Meeting our monthly numbers are a plus and hope to continue that and recruit new clients in 2015

Cons

As expected from a start-up environment, process needs to be tighten up. Seems like people just go rogue. There should be a formal process that everyone follows and it needs be consistently enforced by upper management

Advice to Management

Enforce process more consistently. Continue to have transparency with employees at bi-weekly meetings. Heard horror stories about previous upper management but new manangement is on track. I approve of the CEO, very smart and approachable.

9. Great people make for a great company

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Humbling to work with such great people -- which translates to groundbreaking product and best-in-class design services. The space ScrollMotion is in -- mobile apps for enterprise -- presents a huge market opportunity.
    The leadership team, now assembled, includes world-class talent in each category. And so, ScrollMotion is moving down the path of creating a culture that combines excellence and fun; great progress, more to go. I'm hugely enjoying the journey and the travel companions.
    [Shockingly, I approve of the CEO.]

Cons

Great companies have processes and cultures that drive results and encourage people to work hard and have fun doing it -- Southwest Airlines comes to mind. ScrollMotion is in that in-between period where the processes are being built and where the culture is still coming together.
    The last couple of years have included some very tough staffing decisions, which affect individuals and their families, and are also negative for current staff throughout the organization. The company is still emerging from that shadow.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing information. Keep trusting and listening to everyone. Never stop clarifying and focusing and communicating strategy. If you think you've communicated too much, you're probably halfway there. [More "advice to management" is sure welcome.]

10. Great company, great team, incredible future

Current Employee - Chief Revenue Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Revenue Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ScrollMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at ScrollMotion for less than a year so far but the people, product, and client list have exceeded my already-high expectations. The CEO is surprisingly candid and transparent, the majority of the people are highly passionate about the product, the work, and client satisfaction, and morale is generally very high.

Cons

If there is a con it's that there are so many different project types coming from existing and new clients that ScrollMotion will have to begin to focus it's product, sales, and services team.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency, hire right, continue to provide an excellent working environment, and set a high bar for performance.

11. Skeptical, but hopeful

I worked at ScrollMotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch fridays, great co-workers, great platform and unique market positioning if they can take advantage of it

Cons

Management culture, focus on services delivery instead of product development