SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment President & Chief Executive Officer Jim Atchison

Jim Atchison

Pros
  • Free tickets and other employee events are a great bonus (in 9 reviews)

• SW has a great culture and is a fun place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little full time positions open, mostly part time with 28hr/week rule (in 9 reviews)

• Working long hours with a small salary is never fun but sometimes that's the sacrifice we make to work with animals (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great fun. No future.

Audio Operator (Former Employee) San Antonio, FL

ProsTon of fun. Free access to park.

ConsMainly seasonal work. No benefits. No overtime. Full time jobs few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementWas lucky enough to have competent managers throughout my time at SeaWorld. Only advice is to limit favoritism as much as possible.

Great company when Full Time

ProsGreat atmosphere, strong peer alliances, middle of the road benefits, free tickets and season passes.

ConsPoor interdepartmental communication, lack of upward growth in certain areas (Peter Principal).

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and let them grow.

Rides at SeaWorld

Ride Operator (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFlexible
    Lots of fun people to work with
    Good company culture
    Internal opportunities
    fair wages

ConsInconsistent schedules
    Some of the work can be hot, exhausting, or gross
    Full time positions are competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing fine.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere were a variety of things to do each day.

ConsHours were inconsistent from week to week.

Rewarding job with a great atmosphere!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company was there for me from the get-go. Management was always very friendly and motivating. The job was always something to look forward to. I never really had a day that I didn't want to go to work!

ConsWorking long hours with a small salary is never fun but sometimes that's the sacrifice we make to work with animals!

Great place to work

Operations Lead (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsTeamwork, Compensation, Culture, Personal Growth, Training

ConsI really enjoyed working here and have great friends from my time there - No Cons

Great Experience

Educator (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsTo simply go to work and be around marine and terrestrial wildlife is an amazing opportunity.

ConsWas difficult asking off for holidays since the company has its highest earnings on holidays.

regularly given 49 hours a week even though i was 15/16.

ProsI worked in culinary so food was free

Consafter a year of working hard and only being turned down for a promotion because I was a minor I went from 7.25 to 7.40.

Very fun and rewarding

Public Relaltions (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe culture of the company is very lively and fun. The people are nice and open to helping. The perks are amazing.

ConsThere's not that much structure to management or supervising. Must find out how to do things on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare better new hire manuals

SeaWorld simultaneously caters to animal lovers and job-seekers with boundless energy and true desire to work.

Seasonal Park Prep Hostess/Janitorial (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe most obvious benefits are the people you work with, the guests you interact with, and the opportunities employees have to experience animals they would only ever find in the wild, right here, in San Diego. Park Prep/Park Quality and Janitorial positions take a lot of work and dedication; a sharp-minded and productive employee's shift is almost guaranteed to end on a good note.

ConsMy position is seasonal, and while I have no qualms cleaning, I feel my real strengths are being overlooked.
    Those searching for an easy summer job will be satisified; there are plenty opportunities to cut corners and slack off [much to the dismay of coworkers who WANT to work hard].

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being as patient and helpful as you are now, it's appreciated. If, in the Park Quality warehouse, it'd be possible to get some colored markers [the simple ones primary schoolers use] available, that would be cool. It would make color-coding the map easier, which is otherwise black and white and difficult to read.

Worked for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!