SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Joel Manby

Pros
  • Co-workers are very dedicated intelligent people that make being at work bearable; the free tickets and Discovery discounts are great (in 16 reviews)

• You get great benefits such as going to any of the park for free and getting comp tickets for family (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • it's hard to get a part time or full time job (in 18 reviews)

• Working long hours with a small salary is never fun but sometimes that's the sacrifice we make to work with animals (in 7 reviews)

1. Ride attendant

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

Great customer service skills Work with wonderful professional people better your skills

Cons

It was kind of Low wage payment

Advice to Management

Great job keep up the fantastic work you guys are doing

2. Adventure Island

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Pros

Great perks such as free tickets and "floating holidays" as part of being a full time employee Great people in management positions who really care about the park and employees Monday through Friday business hours during off season time Ability to really know your management team due to the size of the park

Cons

Not a lot of room to advance as the park is small and jobs are usually occupied for a long time Low pay rates Low annual raises (2.5% or less) Stressful job with lots of responsibilities with low pay

Advice to Management

Don't know if it is something that can be controlled but I would love to see more opportunities to advance at the park. Also, there needs to be more communication between the departments. When I first started working there it seemed to be a team atmosphere throughout the entire park but lately that seems to be falling to the wayside and there is not a lot of interdepartmental communication or teamwork.

3. Shallow Water Lifeguard

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy and fun work. Got to enjoy the waterpark

Cons

Opening and closing shifts back to back is draining

5. SeaWorld Lifeguard

Former Employee - Deep Lifeguard in Winter Garden, FL
    Former Employee - Deep Lifeguard in Winter Garden, FL

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed working environment, but still professional. Work hours willing to work around scheduled, and lots of opportunity to work extra shifts.

Cons

There was not a lot of opportunity to move up in the employment structure.

6. Great Perks When You Can Get Them

Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, free admission to any SeaWorld park in the US, fun environment, getting to meet people from all over the world

Cons

Minimal opportunities for advancement, seasonal positions are most common and the assignment ends after 6 months, low wages

Advice to Management

Look at what the rest of the industry is paying and join them. Treat the employees well and they'll work well for you.

7. At least the people are happy...

Former Employee - Food Service Attendant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service Attendant in San Diego, CA

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very employee friendly, very good communication of goals, mission, etc. Positive atmosphere.

Cons

Well, there's this thing about whether or not sea mammals should be in captivity and made to perform. Probably not so great.

Advice to Management

Put your genius thinking caps on and figure out how to create excitement without the mammal shows. I know, I know...

8. Great people but some growing pains

Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Interactive Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Leadership is genuine and most everyone is great to work with at corporate.

Cons

Company is still figuring roles and responsibilities so don't expect any career pathing.

Advice to Management

Work down not up, raise pay scales.

Ughhh!!! (San Antonio park)

Current Employee - Beverage Host (Lead) in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Beverage Host (Lead) in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Good discounts + Free admission to the park +Free tickets + Great coworkers + Good if you want alot of hours

Cons

A lot changes have happened because of a third party company. Lower pay for leads (aka assistant supervisors) even thought they still do the same amount of work as before. Not enough pay for the amount of work given to them. The company has a lot of lazy management that except lower levels of leadership to do their jobs because they dont feel like. I have work at mutiple parts of this park and have seen no difference. Also a lot of higher leadership are clueless of the inner workings of their department so they are basically useless.

10. Park Ops

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Park Admission for you, your family, and friends. Great if your a "follower" or worker bee.

Cons

Not so great if your a leader/innovator/creative thinker and like to share/input ideas.

Advice to Management

Don't always feel so threatened by the next young pup that comes along.

11. You can do less work for the amount you get paid

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

Met some good people and if you want to it looks good on your resume. It can be fun at times. You get free tickets!

Cons

People will never come back from breaks. The Florida heat. Can get really boring if you get a bad rotation. When I worked there weren't enough guards so half of the park would be open and we had to make up for that by working harder/ trying to explain why the park was closed. You will be scheduled 40+ hours and probably won't get any days off.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so that everybody else isn't obliged to make up for their slack? Other than that we know what we signed up for and its not worth it unless you're a deep guard.

RSS Feed </> Embed