SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Not a bad place for a summer job.

Former Employee - Aquatica Park Quality (Male Host) in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Aquatica Park Quality (Male Host) in Orlando, FL

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Pros

Pay was higher than minimum wage, workers cafeteria was pleasant, free access to parks.

Cons

Long hours, working in the sun can be exhausting.

2. Its a good company but...

Current Employee - Food Service Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Food Service Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the leadership I've met have been amazing others I can't say much. The company is great to work in and co-workers can be awesome. Some benefits are amazing, but part timers barely get any.

Cons

Favoritism 28 hours a week limited for part timers. Stay away from the gossip and drama, it can get you in trouble.

Advice to Management

Open yours eyes to favoritism, sometimes its right under their noses and they don't see it. Also don't ACT like you care about your TMs, DO care about them, they are the backbone of the company and parks.

3. Fun Entry Level Job, but don't get attached

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time

Pros

If you are starting out without much experience, or going to college, then this is a decent job. It can be fun and it's a good environment to be in. Some good perks too. If you get full-time they have a good benefits package.

Cons

The company pays below the industry standard. You are dealing with corporate red tape and a variety of rules and regulations. Management often plays favorites. Layoffs in the back of everyone's mind these days, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people based on charm and good looks, hire them based on talent and experience. Stop having one set of rules for "leadership" and one set of rules for front line employees. Leadership should be setting an example, not getting away with things lower level employees get written up for. Change the culture from the top down, not by telling your employees to just be happier.

5. Human Resources Assistant

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, reasonably 9-5 hours, most of the people you work with are very friendly, adequate training program

Cons

Managers need more training on how to manage, a lot of micromanaging going on and a TON of throwing people under the bus or blaming those below you for things you should have had handled

6. Assistant Supervisor

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

Flexible hours Good for college students

Cons

Management worked upwards in the system but lacked training and leadership skills

7. What fun

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

I loved working here. Snorkeling, surfing, science, kiddos, SeaWorld. Best summer job ever, I should have been paying them.

Cons

Cliquey staff that weren't necessarily there for the kids, just wanted to become trainers.

Advice to Management

Hire more education majors. They are there for the kids, not to network.

8. Guest relations hostess

I have been working at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment part-time

Pros

had good hours,paid more than minimum wage. great first job!

Cons

supervisors had favorites, management sucked.

9. Assistant Supervisor Education and Conservation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Pros

working at SeaWorld was by far one of the most amazing experiences of my life! The culture and overall atmosphere is like a family. The people are incredible and what made leaving extraordinarily difficult. Each day I witnessed the magic of people connecting with incredible animals. Each and everyday I was blessed to be part of the most passionate devoted people on this planet. I learned something new everyday!The benefits package was really good! I had great health coverage, a 401k, paid vacation, sick time and optional holidays. There were "treat days" if we met our guest satisfaction scores. While most of my experience was wonderful the cons are what forced me to leave....:-/

Cons

The pay is far to low for what is expected of you and what cost of living is in San Diego. There is a feeling of being expendable, because thousands of 18 year olds would do your job for free. Knowledge is not appreciated or rewarded. It is not easy to move up (mostly because no one ever wants to leave). You work crazy hours (anytime within a 24 hour period) without holidays or weekends off. Peoples skills are not used to their full potential. Many times its "above your pay grade". They are not hiring enough people and the teams are stretched thin and exhausted. Morale is plummeting as leadership switches back and forth between authoritarianism and democratic styles. Leaving the team both tired and frustraited. There's more, but those are the big reasons I had to leave the nest.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay. Bring back Meritt based increases. Send leaders to leadership courses to help with communication and stability. Spend more time investing in veteran staff.

10. SeaWorld Orlando

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Pros

free tickets and admission to the SW parks and free admission (employee only) to universal.

Cons

negative working environment and don't care about employee satisfaction only about making money

Advice to Management

Make your employees happy and the guests will be satisfied in return. Hold assistant supervisors and supervisors accountable for doing their jobs instead of sitting in an office on their phones.

11. Beautiful environment & Awesome job, but PAY IS EXTREMELY LOW.

I worked at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

Pros

Awesome job! To be in the water at Discovery Zone. Beautiful environment. You also get a lot of park discounts.

Cons

The dolphins were uncooperative usually delaying things, and you had to be in the water rain or shine. You come out of the water only if there is lighting. The pay was too low considering that they seem to only be hiring videographers with Bachelor degrees in film or over 15 years experience even though it wasn't mentioned as a requirement.

Advice to Management

If you want your videographers to have a degree in film or experience that's fine, just offer more pay for that.

RSS Feed </> Embed