Seaboard Foods

www.seaboardfoods.com

Seaboard Foods Reviews

Terry J. Holton

Loyal and dedicated management, family friendly environement, great benefits!"

ProsGreat management, great co-workers, great benefits. The company is always paying it forward, is involved in the community and rewards its employees. Definitely a work hard, play hard mentality. If you work hard and do your job the right way, there will definitely be a great future instore for you at Seaboard.

ConsYou may have to put in more hours to get the job done, but the reward is worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay loyal and committed to growing young talent.

Management through fear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Guymon, OK

ProsHealth plan is top notch. Co-workers were great.

ConsManagement style is fear and intimidation. Everyone constantly lived in fear of a dressing down in front of co-workers or a letter of poor performance. Unprofessional managers. No respect for a college degree. Office politics poisoned the atmosphere, too. Productivity suffered because of fear and lack of recognition of good performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a zero tolerance policy in place for unprofessional behavior by the managers. Yelling at employees is no way to motivate.

Seaboard Foods Recruiting Specialist responded to this review

Jan 14, 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Seaboard Foods expects managers and employees to act professionally and communicate openly and fairly, and, when appropriate, to provide constructive criticism for ... More

great people

Proschance for upward mobility, hiring within the organization

Conssalaries are sometimes not competitive

Advice to Senior Managementinclude more people in the conversation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great benefits, financially stable and sustainable

Manager (Current Employee) Guymon, OK

ProsGreat place to work! They treat their employees well. Great pay, great benefits.
    If you come and do your job, there is no chance you will get laid off. Very stable work environment.
    Opportunities for growth.
    Very hands on, open door policy with management.

ConsThere are multiple locations so sometimes you don't get the day-to-day interaction with every one of the 5,000 employees that work for Seaboard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKepp up the hands on involvement in the business. You don't just kick up your feet, you are out in the operations, beings hands on and it shows!

Perfect candidate company for under cover boss!

Operator (Current Employee)

ProsThere are some great co workers

ConsPoor advancement opportunities, a job opening will be listed internally but 90% of the time its already been promised to soeone before you even get the chance to apply. Insurance was good now that it has changed I've spent hours on the phone trying to get claims fixed there is also NO communication in the company anywhere everthing is asecret and also you are expected to not have an opinion if you are told the sky is purple they expect you to believe it and never ask questions also the only raise you get to look forward to is normally around 10¢ per hour per year and this review is not based on the actual farms where the work is grueling sometimes in 90° temp year round and this billion dollar company does not pay time and a half for overtime for these employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYour greatest assest is your employees and they should be treated as such then maybe your turn over rates wouldn't be so outrageous, try paying your management more than the employees they oversee and then you would be able to attract and keep quality management and employees

good company to work with -

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Guymon, OK

ProsI love what I do, plus benefits are good.

Conslacking of training
    poor feedback - HR personnel needs to be renewed

Advice to Senior Managementprovide better training - any level
    Open feedback

Worked for Seaboard Foods? Contribute to the Community!