Seaborne Airlines

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
2.9

Gary Foss

One of the most memorable jobs I have ever had.

Former Employee - Manager of Dispatch in Saint Croix, IN
    Former Employee - Manager of Dispatch in Saint Croix, IN

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work. But, the only place that I have ever worked where there is truly a family atmosphere. The islands are wonderful. I wore many hats and was proud of the work I did and the upper management relied on my expertise and showed appreciation.

Cons

CEO left and the new guy has run this company into the ground. Expanded too fast!

Get back to basics. You can't make money flying 30% load factors. Bring more Otters.....send the Saab back. It is too expensive. Should have never moved HQ to Puerto Rico.

Company Upper Management Clueless

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very wonderful employees to work with. Everyone tries very hard to make the airline work, but are given no tools or proper training to do their jobs right.

Has the potential to be a successful airline.

Cons

Upper management is the problem from the CEO and first tier VPs. They expect everyone to work long hours, wear many hats and do their jobs without any direction, tools or training. When things go wrong its the employees fault always. Management make stupid decisions then blame everone else for that decision not working out.
    The CEO could sell ice to polar bears in the artic winters but has no clue on how to run an airline right or safely. I hope for the employees that they last another 6 months before folding.

Share holders and owners, fire all upper management and get airline operations professionals fast or say good bye to your money.

The CEO is a monster

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a really interesting small company in a great location. As a result of the small size, I got to wear many different hats, which I really liked. And I felt like the work that I did had a big impact on the overall health of the company. I also met some great people who I will consider friends for the rest of my life. Of course the flight benefits in the caribbean are also very nice.

Cons

There is one problem with this company - the CEO. He has a classic narcissistic personality disorder. This means that anything good that happens to the company is because of him (in his mind) and anything bad is somebody else's fault. He is very insecure about any real or perceived slights and even insecure about people disagreeing with him. He seems to take pleasure in firing people and has been known to be unnecessarily cruel to people who work for him. His moods and directives change with the wind.

The owners made a bad mistake in hiring the CEO. He needs to go. If it weren't for him, I would rate this job a 5-star opportunity. If you work directly for the CEO, I wouldn't recommend working here. If your contact with him is minimal, it is a very good place to work.

Interesting, Fast paced

Former Employee - E-secure Agent in Christiansted, VI
    Former Employee - E-secure Agent in Christiansted, VI

I worked at Seaborne Airlines as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice place to work, Great personnel, Many advances within a company that keeps growing.

Cons

Fast paced environment, must be able to work under pressure.

Unorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Croix, VI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Croix, VI

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Location is beautiful and the employees laid back. The seaplane is a cool addition.

Cons

Low pay, constant change, unorganized. The island is expensive. The training facilities are not impressive.

Be up front with employees. Communication between HR and flight department is important. Overall very nice people but need to handle growth a little better.

Fun

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansted, VI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansted, VI

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to live and work

Cons

Long hours but for the most part it was enjoyable

Great opportunity for the location

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Christiansted, VI
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Christiansted, VI

I have been working at Seaborne Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, Great benefits, Diverse cultures, Opportunity to advance within the company, Excellent pace for starters & Unique working environment.

Cons

Inexperienced management, Poor wages for the current cost of living, Lack of communication & Inadequate training.

Hire more experienced management, compensate for the high cost of living and Revamp the training program from top to bottom.

A wonderful experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))

I worked at Seaborne Airlines part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A wonderful experience in becoming a part of Seaborne Airlines. The staff were team player, great attitudes. enjoying what I do

Cons

challenges in working with Seaborne Airline is delay and cancellation flight and accommodating passengers to different airlines in assisting passengers to their destinations. Also accommodating passengers at hotels.

Give incentives when flights are overbook.

Not what was expected

I worked at Seaborne Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

there is a lot of potential considering the market and the possibilities

Cons

unstructured, not very well planned and organized, still pioneering with lots of potential though

Get things in order, hire for attitude not because it's urgent

It's Okay

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Carolina (Virgin Islands (US))
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Carolina (Virgin Islands (US))

I have been working at Seaborne Airlines

Pros

Great Expirience with Airlines, Awesome Team Members, Great Grouth Oportinities, Different Culture, Feedback, Gives people with no expirience to learn more about the airline business.

Cons

Low pay, No communications in changes what so ever, Benefits , Recognition to hard workers
    Working holidays and having to stay late for delayed flights. Being yelled at by customers, for things clearly out of your control.

Get some inflight supervisors who actually - flew- and know the job instead of hiring off the street -employees who are not passionate for their job

Seaborne Airlines Photos