Sealed Air Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerome Peribere

Investing in the future.

Process Technician (Current Employee)
    Iowa Park, TX

ProsThe atmosphere, compared to other places I have worked, is very relaxed. They are very flexible and supportive as I am continuing my education.

ConsThe machines could use a face lift. As with most factories it has plenty of very old and unsupported equipment.

Great Potential.. but time is running out if ......

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company with a long history of increasing value and return. Most people are nice and friendly to work with. Work schedule is flexible with freedom to work my projects and with the team from different departments. I learn and gain experience in a wide variety of packaging materials and systems.

ConsMerger, buyout, cost cutting and consolidation has NOT been good to employee morale. Turnover in upper management was not well received among the rank-and-file. They live in their silos with tunnel vision. Disappointing learning & training and career advancement opportunity. Compensation has been particularly disappointing in the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview compensation structure. It's at least 10 to 15 % below average, except for the executives.

Very little support from management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFairly easy job with lots of overtime.

ConsToo much variation in how each shift was handled - creatin confusion for off-shift personnel during OT.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good atmosphere poor pay and advancement opportunity.

Engineering (Former Employee)

ProsBeing food grade film plants the atmosphere is good. Air conditioned, clean, and well kept.

ConsThere is a long tradition of not promoting from within. Management turns over at a relatively high frequency and it seems the new management has very little respect for tenured employees. The pay does not keep up with inflation and the bonus program is less than honest. If they don't change the way they manage the factories from corporate they will struggle in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions, raises, and honest bonus programs are how you keep your key employees. It becomes tiring for the new managers underlings to repeat training new managers. It is also painful having to watch new management learn the hard way over and over again. The new CEO needs to eliminate people in middle management.

Great Company - Good People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are talented and typically have excellent personalities. it is very easy to get along with people. You are able to express your ideas, and there are people who will listen. They invest heavily in innovation and there are always new exciting things to work on.

ConsThe compensation does not seem to be in line with similar companies / positions in some of the ares in which they operate.

Good company to work for with good benefits.

ProsUpper management keeps employees informed of company goals. Profit sharing applied to our 401K yearly.

ConsI started here in 2005 at a lower salary than I was making when I was laid off in 1994. Company wide surveys, show similar views by my coworkers. Due to my personal situation, it was necessary for me to accept this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade salaries and increase the yearly raise. I was insulted by the raise I received this year.

1950s attitude towards employees

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsIt's better than unemployment.....some days.

ConsPoor morale and culture. No chance for advancement. 0 flexibility in work schedule. Management has a bad case of us vs. them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the middle management level and replace with team players. Stop the fake bonus program. Everyone knows that it's a scam and you can't get 100% no matter what. Promote performers and stop rewarding spreadsheet cowboys. Project managers that are straight out of college are worthless.

Good company with room for improvement.

Administration (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe pay and benefits are good and the way the allow employees to abuse the system such as fmla and sick time is great.

ConsThe main challenge is to run a piece of equipment that is 100% operational. There is a lot of maintenance issues.

Moral at he shop floor is awful, at least 85% just comes in for a pay check.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease send a special group of consultants to speak to all shifts.
    Ask them if they enjoy working for sealed air.?
    You will be very surprised.

Pay increases should be based on how much can an employee do and knows about the business. You are and will continue to lose key employees that are leaving for better paying jobs.

Rotate your plant managers at least every 5 years.

Poor management

Electrical Engineering (Current Employee)
    Ayer, MA

ProsI wish I had one pro to say, but the poor management from above trickles down to the "small folk" putting all the hours in under their slipshod command.

ConsOvercoming management's poor decisions and constant pay freezes seems to be the biggest factor here.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your underlings...

Great place to work!

French Speaking Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
    Sturtevant, WI

ProsFortune 500 Company with great benefits, a gym, a great on-site work environment, and great managers! I loved my time there, and the people I worked with. Flextime. Managers don't micromanage. Tuition reimbursement, the list goes on.

ConsI really don't have anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome!

Worked for Sealed Air Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sealed Air Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sealed Air Corporation CEO Jerome Peribere. All 68 reviews posted anonymously by Sealed Air Corporation employees.