Sealed Air Corporation

www.sealedair.com
Profile Unclaimed

Unbalanced

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time

Pros

People, some managers,experience,laid back and hard to get fired

Cons

the hours and shifts are not worth it

Change hours

Great people, not so great organization

Current Employee - Territory Account Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Territory Account Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My manager and all team mates are the best. Always willing to help. They always find ways to meet your needs and costs are not an excuse. It is a global company, but feels like a small group.

Cons

Training is poor. No dedicated QA team to help maximize consistency. Pretty much they send you out into the wild with a couple of tools and parts without specialized knowledge. Not that it requires a lot of smarts to do the job, but it can definitely boost your confidence and your presence before the client.

Systematize the training process. Create a QA and training team and field certification process.

Lots of Opportunity

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great upper management
    - Flex schedules
    - Opportunity for advancement
    - Travel opportunities (depending on dept)
    - Benefits (above average across the board especially maternity)

Cons

- After the merger with Diversey, many middle managers were left without clear direction

Continue to strategically grow the business, but in the future merger details should be more clearly communicated

Investing in the future.

Current Employee - Process Technician in Iowa Park, TX
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Iowa Park, TX

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere, compared to other places I have worked, is very relaxed. They are very flexible and supportive as I am continuing my education.

Cons

The machines could use a face lift. As with most factories it has plenty of very old and unsupported equipment.

Great Potential.. but time is running out if ......

Former Employee - Senior Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with a long history of increasing value and return. Most people are nice and friendly to work with. Work schedule is flexible with freedom to work my projects and with the team from different departments. I learn and gain experience in a wide variety of packaging materials and systems.

Cons

Merger, buyout, cost cutting and consolidation has NOT been good to employee morale. Turnover in upper management was not well received among the rank-and-file. They live in their silos with tunnel vision. Disappointing learning & training and career advancement opportunity. Compensation has been particularly disappointing in the past few years.

Review compensation structure. It's at least 10 to 15 % below average, except for the executives.

Very little support from management

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fairly easy job with lots of overtime.

Cons

Too much variation in how each shift was handled - creatin confusion for off-shift personnel during OT.

Good atmosphere poor pay and advancement opportunity.

Former Employee - Engineering
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Being food grade film plants the atmosphere is good. Air conditioned, clean, and well kept.

Cons

There is a long tradition of not promoting from within. Management turns over at a relatively high frequency and it seems the new management has very little respect for tenured employees. The pay does not keep up with inflation and the bonus program is less than honest. If they don't change the way they manage the factories from corporate they will struggle in the future.

Promotions, raises, and honest bonus programs are how you keep your key employees. It becomes tiring for the new managers underlings to repeat training new managers. It is also painful having to watch new management learn the hard way over and over again. The new CEO needs to eliminate people in middle management.

Good company with room for improvement.

Current Employee - Administration in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administration in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good and the way the allow employees to abuse the system such as fmla and sick time is great.

Cons

The main challenge is to run a piece of equipment that is 100% operational. There is a lot of maintenance issues.

Moral at he shop floor is awful, at least 85% just comes in for a pay check.

Please send a special group of consultants to speak to all shifts.
    Ask them if they enjoy working for sealed air.?
    You will be very surprised.

Pay increases should be based on how much can an employee do and knows about the business. You are and will continue to lose key employees that are leaving for better paying jobs.

Rotate your plant managers at least every 5 years.

Great Company - Good People

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

The people are talented and typically have excellent personalities. it is very easy to get along with people. You are able to express your ideas, and there are people who will listen. They invest heavily in innovation and there are always new exciting things to work on.

Cons

The compensation does not seem to be in line with similar companies / positions in some of the ares in which they operate.

Good company to work for with good benefits.

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management keeps employees informed of company goals. Profit sharing applied to our 401K yearly.

Cons

I started here in 2005 at a lower salary than I was making when I was laid off in 1994. Company wide surveys, show similar views by my coworkers. Due to my personal situation, it was necessary for me to accept this position.

Upgrade salaries and increase the yearly raise. I was insulted by the raise I received this year.