Seamless

Seamless Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Seamless was a great environment.

Data Entry (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey definitely had the feel of a startup. The management was very responsive to feedback and gave good direction to the team. Coworkers were amazing.

ConsData entry can be pretty mundane, but that's not the fault of the company. Oftentimes we would have to call restaurants to clarify things and they wouldn't speak english well, so there should be better ways to redirect calls in other languages in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe standards for menu entry were quite high and difficult to obtain, and they had this weird system where like 70 percent effeciency was the goal. So effectively 70 percent is 100 percent- I don't know, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Poor Senior Leaders

Product Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree food, great marketing and content strengths

ConsHorrible IT systems. Lacks a good culture of empowerment. Leaders blame everyone's laziness for their inability to lead correctly. Big dictatorship culture because senior leaders don't understand how to build trust and empower teams. They also promote death marches.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership isn't just something you're born with because you can communicate. Do some studying and really train yourselves on how to build a better culture of empowerment.

Great Experience, Poor Manager

Sales Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIndustry leader, great way to learn about small business ie restaurants.

ConsManagement was misguided back then

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bunch of crap

Pros-You don't have to work when you act like you are friends with your boss
    -You get to eat a lot of food, this is the best pro being here, unless you are fat

ConsManagement has no idea what they are doing. They let go the best person who actually cared about the people. The people who work the hardest get the least, or get fired. The people who gossip, do not care, are lazy, and do not work are the ones they decide to keep around and play favorites with.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example, care about the company and people, be honest and stop mico managing people!!!!!

Over-worked, over-managed, underpaid

Team Lead (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey offer training and try to stay on the cutting edge of technology. Everyone in management smiles a lot. They do ask for feedback and ideas.

ConsToo much middle management. Too much micro managing. They are all about talking and not doing. They constantly want your feedback but then they don't act on it. Co workers don't problem solve together because everything needs to be approved by management and it creates backlogs of work and a lot of unhappy employees. Overall it was not my best experience, but it did get the bills paid as long as I worked enough overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees more and stop micro-managing every little thing. Your entry level staff act like children because you treat them that way.

Why I love working at Seamless!

Within Customer Care (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsSeamless is a very diverse and cultured company, where you are actually of importance to the company and your team; it is such a nice change from the normal corporate routine. It is a very fun, relaxed, yet still professional environment to work in. They have a lot of room for personal growth and advancement. Recently, there have been a lot of changes with how the company runs and handles business, which is only great! They are taking steps to ensure the future of the company and the people within it. This includes a rigorous screening process to ensure only the best people join the team! Honestly, I am in love with where I work and what I do!

ConsSince Seamless is such a fun and relaxed place, sometimes it is easy to find yourself distracted. There is not too much going on to where you cannot work, by any means. There is just enough fun & awesome things happening, and in a very energetic place setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think communication is key in all areas, I would like to see this continue to improve. Never forget that happy employees are the most productive kind, with the best quality work. :)

Horrid place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCo-workers keep you sane. They are the people you can vent to and laugh at the dysfunctional organization ran by inexperienced leaders.

ConsSeamless leadership lacks the ability to empower and lead. It's a very command and control organization. When you have leaders that do not know how to build trust or make employees feel valued through empowerment, you get an organization full of mindless drones working to just get through the day. They've also forced people to work on weekends to meet deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's more to leading than just managing. Until you show your vulnerabilities and admit that your reports specialize in areas and will know better than you, you will never be a good leader.

Management has no idea what's happening

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat office, amazing people, cool concept

Consmanagement is above it all, no loyalty for employees, archaic code, no training

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and they'll return the favor

Worked for Seamless? Contribute to the Community!