Seapine Software, Inc.

Updated Nov 19, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Riccetti

Great place to start and learn basic qa skills

QA Co-Op (Former Employee)

I worked at Seapine Software, Inc. as an intern for less than a year

ProsThey teach you new skills
Experienced and helpful full time staff
Break room stocked with drinks and a Wii
Location is close to food options

ConsTraining consisted of reading a lot of pdf's
Equipment is dated
Virtual machines used for testing can run slow
Repetitive work
Tall walled cubicles and sometimes the place was quiet enough to hear a pen drop

Advice to Senior ManagementClear objectives for employees
More interactive training program
Clean up and clean out old issues and test cases
Work on making a more team environment

Software Engineering Intern/Co-op

Software Engineer Co-op (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Seapine Software, Inc. as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt was easy, and not much was expected of me. Granted, this was also one of the main reasons why I did not enjoy it.

They had a gaming console that you could play on a break or at lunch.

Free m&m's?

ConsHonestly, this company just made me realize this was *not* the type of company I wanted to work at. It was very corporate, none of my colleagues were the same age and could share in the experience (Apart from other interns/co-ops), I got absolutely zero help or mentorship from others - I was literally handed a book and said to read it, and no one was there to really show me around. Any time I *did* ask for help, I just got the most "wow, you're an idiot" vibe from anyone rather than any actual assistance - It was my first internship and I knew nothing at the time, and it's not that I can't pick things up easily (I work full time now as a Software Engineer and am even mentoring people younger than me coming from Ivy League universities) - Just with any sort of programming, you really need some help to get over the initial hurdle so you know *what* to even start to learn to begin with so the snowball effect can take place.

Just in general - the company was not very friendly, no one spoke with me, the cubicles make it seem so impersonal and depressing.

I also wasn't a huge fan of their product - especially as I worked on the Surround SCM team. They have other products, but with regards to Surround SCM - why not just use a free, better and more supported alternative like Git?

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, more mentorship. There needs to be a program in place to really help new hires - and something to really help improve the company culture.

Disconnected Management

Development (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Seapine Software, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent work environment, from an accommodations stand point. Nice size cubes, cozy atmosphere, super quiet, casual. Excellent benefits.

ConsDraconian Development Management, someone has to die for you to get promoted, even then it's not guaranteed. No consistency in management of teams, some micro manage, others could care less if you just get your job done. That itself isn't a con, if you're in the latter category. Very little top down communication of direction. Quarterly meetings are usually spun.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with people. Treat them as you'd want to be treated.

very good experience

I have been working at Seapine Software, Inc.

ProsGreat place to work, very flexible if you need time off and willing to help you learn, grow, and develop

ConsVery quiet workspace, harder to move-up/ receive promotions, really are no glaring cons, keep up the good work and full steam ahead!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, very engaging work, like feedback to workers, nice appreciation events, good place to learn about new things

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Seapine Software, Inc.

ProsSeapine Software is a great place to work. The management understands that work/life balance is important and strives to provide the best environment for creative minds to flourish. Quality and customer service are valued and all senior management is very approachable.
Seapine Software employs some of the best minds in the software industry and takes care of its people with excellent benefits, fair compensation and a benevolent management style.
I've rarely worked for a better company.

ConsIt is a very quiet work environment. While this is great for good development and thinking, it is difficult to get used to. Even after many years here it is hard to get used to the absolute silence. The only sounds heard are the clicking of keyboards.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

It's ok but they may try to mislead you about your position.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Seapine Software, Inc.

ProsThe benefits package is amazing. All of the developers work with are friendly and extremely helpful. The pay is a little above average for my position as well.

ConsIn the hiring process they may try to mislead you about your actual position description. I started at Seapine immediately after graduating and they took advantage of my inexperience by talking me into a position that I didn't really want. There is not much room for recognition or reward for extra work and innovation. There are no performance bonuses, only an annual performance-based pay increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that startup plans be more detailed.

Good in US Not for Europe

Software Solutions Consultant (Former Employee)
Munich (Germany)

I worked at Seapine Software, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall company that allows you to know everybody and contact everybody easily.
Great Software.
Great facilities in Mason OH.
Very stable work environment, they rather reduce some benefits/nice things than firing people.
The CEO is a very nice and intelligent guy that you can talk to at any time.
Quite a nice group of colleagues to work with.

ConsVery conservative product development/management.
Slow development of the product against competition.
Development and Product Management has the arrogance as if the software were the leaders on the market, what is actually not the case.
The business is not growing fast and so your opportunities to grow in the company.
They do not understand International Markets although they have presence.
They still do business "American way" which is not always what the international market wants.
Senior Management are actually not experienced managers, they were never managers before and they need to learn that.
Few changes to grow at a medium term.
No chances to develop skills internally nor externally so no support for external training.

A good place to start your career but not for long...

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Seapine Software, Inc.

Great Software.
Great facilities in Mason OH.
The CEO is a very nice and intelligent guy that you can talk to at any time.
Quite a nice group of colleagues to work with.

ConsVery conservative product development/management.
Slow development of the product against competition.
They do not understand International Markets although they have presence.
Few changes to grow at a medium term.

Worked for Seapine Software, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seapine Software, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seapine Software, Inc. CEO Richard Riccetti. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Seapine Software, Inc. employees.