Search Circus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wonderful Way to Learn About SEO & Social Media Industry by Working Here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI really enjoyed working for Search Circus over the past 2 1/2 years as a Web Content Writer at their Cleveland - based office, because the management team helped me grow as a professional business marketing writer and I further increased my knowledge in the industry by getting immediate feedback and constructive criticism from the management team on how to improve and succeed in this industry. They very much care about our personal lives and have allowed me (when needed) to come in on different days or make up sick or vacation days without missing any pay. They keep up to date software programs and hardware and technologies so we can best perform our jobs on a daily basis too.

ConsIt is a small office so outside direct contacts with their clients and colleagues were at a minimum. Their management team primarily handled client relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would have welcomed the opportunity to connect more directly with their clients and colleagues on a regular basis so I could have learned more about what I was doing for them.

Challenging Work, Always Changing

Web Developer (Current Employee) North Royalton, OH

ProsA lot of the time, web work is done on a short order time frame and a small budget. Cut either of these too short and it makes for an overly stressed environment. Most of the work I have completed at Search Circus has been small to medium sized projects, and I have had ample time to work on them. This makes for a very relaxing work atmosphere, even when a project is down to the wire and things need to get done.

ConsLike any web development position, the downsides are going to come first and foremost from the client. Sometimes a project is over-promised and under-delivered, sometimes you are brought in to clean up a previous mess. Those types of things come with the territory. The worst thing that has happened during my tenure at Search Circus is we lost a client because they jumped to conclusions, even after we had expedited work in good-faith. This is not the fault of management, but a poor client.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy best advice for providing any kind of web development services is to not undersell the man hours involved to complete a project, or the amount of non-coding work involved. And a universal one is to not treat coding as brain surgery - at the end of the day, we are not saving people's lives. Meaning if a project takes more time to complete, it is not the end of the world.

Do Not Work For Search Circus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Royalton, OH

ProsAble to obtain hands-on experience of internet marketing
    Casual attire atmosphere
    good location

ConsUnprofessional management
    Late paychecks
    Poor compensation
    Limited career path

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest finding a way to properly compensate employees and in a timely manner. Have more opportunites for professional growth.

Worked for Search Circus? Contribute to the Community!