Search Consultancy Reviews

3.5
Search Consultancy CEO Grahame Caswell
Grahame Caswell

1. Best Consultancy I have worked with

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best consultancy I have worked with in my time and I have been with several.

Cons

It can be hard work at first, but there is plenty of support and the team always gave advice

Advice to Management

Continue with chances for progression

2. Excellent employer with room to grow

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Values led and strong management team, I enjoyed my time but needed to move to a location where there wasn't a Search office.

Cons

It's hard work - but they don't hide that, and there's plenty of support, training and coaching to help you through!

3. Good and Bad

I have been working at Search Consultancy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid on time and weekly, though lower rate of pay in comparison with other agencies

Quick/fastrack recruitment process

Plenty of work available

Cons

Inadequate training. The Manchester branch advocates the utilisation of C&R Training as apparently Alpha hospitals favour this. When not taught correctly can be both dangerous for both patient and employee. NICE guidelines currently favour MVA when dealing with violence and aggression. It is concerning that these methods are used in Priory/Partnerships in Care, nursing home and community settings by Search employees.

A company that appears to be only interested in £s and their profit margin. Hence why they pay little and their training is insufficient.

Although advertising for "Experienced Support Workers" a fastrack recruitment process appears to be in place apparently due to a high staff turnover. Having worked with some of the staff on units, it appears that they have little or even possibly nil experience. How is this occurring?

Advice to Management

NIL

5. True to their values

Former Employee - Key Accounts Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Key Accounts Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Firstly, the training programme is run by innovative leaders and is the best I have received. I not only received training when I joined, but throughout my time with Search where by I was kept up to date with best practice and continuously updated my skillset.
    I appreciate that Search is a business that recognises and rewards and there were many times where I have sat amongst my colleagues grateful to be at an Annual Awards night or amongst other recruitment professionals at the REC awards in London! Regular 1-2-1's with management took place and a clear structure for progression was set.
    Team atmosphere was down to earth yet focused on achieving results! I've worked with some really great people, within different sectors and have learnt different methods, techniques, approaches and they have all been invaluable to my career!
    Debbie and Grahame are truly inspiring. They have a positive energy and a great presence in the office and take a personal interest in you as an individual.

Cons

I have moved to gain international exposure in the Middle East however if a return to the UK is on the cards, I'd hope to be a part of Search once again.
    The nature of the work can mean long hours but hard work will pay off, they have a transparent bonus scheme and there is great earning potential if you are prepared to work! If your interests are free coffee and comfy seats - then Search probably isn't the company for you!

Advice to Management

I've found communication is key, keep up your internal communications and continue to strive for great projects (such as the common wealth games!). There is a reason that there is a large amount of people within the business that have been there 10 years plus! Keep up the good work, it's great to track your success from a far!

6. Various – Consultant, Trainer, Recruitment Manager

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

A brilliant place to work. My career at Search spanned eight years. In that time I was nurtured, coached and supported by my peers and management. I was encouraged to progress and rewarded accordingly. This included promotion into a variety of roles and locations. In addition to a very happy eight years working for Search Consultancy, I was surrounded by a group of talented of individuals, some of whom I remain friends with to this day. My decision to leave the organisation was purely due to relocation. Had I not decided to do so I am confident I would still be enjoying a prosperous career at Search.

Cons

Yet to open a permanent office in my new home Belfast, Northern Ireland!

Advice to Management

Thanks for all your help and support over the years.

7. No better consultancy to work with...

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistently progress from within
    Very good culture throughout the business
    Training programme is the best I've ever received
    Rewarded with an excellent bonus scheme and progressional opportunities
    Extremely friendly environment
    Offers the opportunity to be innovative in your approach and be truly consultative
    Ethical organisation
    Excellent business model allowing you to grow via multiple revenue streams
    Regular meetings with management although not "Micro-Managed"
    Great place for a young professional to learn their trade and learn from some of the best consultants in the country

Cons

Didn't have an office in Dubai where I wanted to move!
    No other negatives... I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Search Consultancy and should I have remained in the UK I would never have considered moving to another consultancy. When I return to the UK I only hope there is the opportunity to rejoin the business.

Advice to Management

Keep going! Search Consultancy gave me the toolkit that has allowed me to recruit at a senior level in Dubai and I am truly grateful. So many good memories and I enjoy watching the business grow from strength to strength yearly!

8. Director - North

Former Employee - Owner - Jack Rabbit's Restaurant & Bar - in Knutsford, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate capability - family feel
    Meritocracy
    Almost endless career opportunities
    Earning potential

Cons

Honestly struggle to think of any - 12 years served and loved it!

Advice to Management

Keep motivating the teams every day and lead form the front.
    Always be an ambassador - crucial in a TRS National company.

Too many office politics

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good commission in first year, excellent training course. Great incentives

Cons

No support after training, high staff turnover, far too many managers/directors.

Advice to Management

Appreciate consultants more

10. Unnecessarily high number of management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid on time,
    Nice office
    Free coffee, tea, hot choc etc
    Decent incentives

Cons

Too many "directors", managers etc. No sympathy or compassion for staff, you are just a bag of money to them that can be very easily replaced. Promotions not offered to hard working staff, progression only available to brown nosers and friends of management.

Advice to Management

Buck up your ideas, you've lost a lot of good consultants lately. Show some appreciation.

Don't buy into them!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, comfortable desk chairs, few decent colleagues... clean windows in office

Cons

Don't believe the sell in the interview! Come across as a great company which will support you in becoming a successful consultant. They promote staff purely on the amount a consultant writes, you can make up placements up to get yourself promoted whilst those who are working hard and honestly are getting constant pressure from above!! There is too many directors and senior consultants who have fraudulently/brown nosed their way to the top, money goes towards their extortionate salarie instead of developing consultants. Company politics favours those who are have existing relationships with directors. Give you impossible targets when there is no support whatsoever. Hundereds of other recruitment agencies out there..... go anywhere but here.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with more ethical and motivated people.

RSS Feed </> Embed