Search Optics Reviews

Reset
3.1
Search Optics CEO David Ponn
David Ponn

Pros
  • The company is growing and changing which is a good thing, but there are some downsides to it (explained below) (in 3 reviews)

• Great people and a friendly culture (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Average agency pay (perhaps a bit lower), poor communication between departments, lack of vision for employees (in 3 reviews)

• It is getting better as the Executives put in place structure as the company grows and builds (in 2 reviews)

1. New hire.. Like it so far

I have been working at Search Optics

Pros

Learning a lot right of the bat. Great environment. Young company. Great training.

Cons

After about three months, work was just dumped on us and we were expected to keep up. Clients can be demanding.

Search Engine Marketing Department is the best

I have been working at Search Optics full-time

Pros

Working for Search Optics, I have developed skills that I did not have when I first start working here. It was a slow transition but my eyes were opened to another side of the digital marketing world and I truly enjoy what my department does. I appreciate the peaceful environment, the unlimited help from my SEM colleagues, the location of the facility and diversity of the company.

Cons

It would be great if the company was able to send us to seminars and/or training class to further our education in Digital Marketing. Also, if the they were able to pay the employees according to the market value, it would be another great advantage.

Just okay.

I worked at Search Optics full-time

Pros

Very laid back environment. Great work life balance and flexibility.

Cons

Not much direction, and very capped potential.

Great growth environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Search Optics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive, but if you are committed you will be recognized

Cons

You cannot hide, if you do not produce it will be evident to all

Advice to Management

Keep growing

6. Digital Solutions Specialist

Current Employee - Digital Soutions Specialist in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Soutions Specialist in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Search Optics (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and snacks, clean building, friendly co-workers.

Cons

The market is oversaturated with competition even with your own office. This is a telemarketing cold call job where you basically call the same people every day, every week, over and over again. The prospects get bombarded daily and 99% of the time you'll just get a "not available" from a receptionist unless the boss decides to answer the phone just to mess with you. This place is a revolving door and they will try to screw you out of your commission.
    Also, don't believe any positive reviews regarding this position, they are all fake just like lies they tell their clients.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to grow the business that more organic and be honest with new hires.

Digital Solutions Specialist

Former Employee - Digital Solution Specialist in Ferndale, MI
    Former Employee - Digital Solution Specialist in Ferndale, MI

I worked at Search Optics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The teammates there are amazing. The atmosphere of the office is awesome. Some of the managers were even really cool, just in bad situations.

Cons

The structure of this company is a disaster from the top down. They tried to build out a huge sales team all at one time and it crumbled around them. I started with 12 people and was the last one standing 4 months later, before I was fired as well. From April-August 2014 they hired probably 40 people on the sales team and I believe they have retained about 2 of them to this point. They can't seem to keep good talent at the company and everyone there is looking for a new job. Free lunches and snacks can only get a company so far, as it just masks what is really happening within the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in the employees, you hired them originally for a reason. Be clear in your communications.

Dedicated, intelligent coworkers. And fun.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Search Optics full-time

Pros

-Freedom to think outside the box
    -Flexible
    -Visionary leadership
    -Great products
    -Worldwide market potential
    -Of course the free lunches are awesome!

Cons

None. Really. (Train track noise and parking lot size is just fine)

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing, which is always trying to find a better way of doing something.

Getting better and growing fast

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Search Optics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of promo ops. I was just promoted and hadn't been here that long. Great place for growing.

Cons

Parking is rough if you are late. Leader training is needed. I hear it is coming soon though.

Advice to Management

Keep the free lunches and promoting from within the company. Allowing us to learn and grow keeps us here.

Awful company to work for

Current Employee - Marketing Services
    Current Employee - Marketing Services

I have been working at Search Optics full-time

Pros

The laxed attendance policy is nice and having beers on Friday afternoons is cool too. My manager is more of a title person than a manger/leader. We pretty much do whatever we want.

Cons

This may be the worst place I ever worked in the past 10 yrs. Everyone is looking for a new job pretending they like it here to avoid being fired. They keep giving people dumb new titles and calling them promotions. Do you really think people buy it? Its sad when your boss pretends to be excited about your promotion when in actuality it's a made up title so you don't quit. Upper management keeps telling us people resigned but everyone knows they were fired for no reason! ALL the good reviews listed are fake. Don't buy it!!

Advice to Management

Quit lieing to your people. These are people's livelyhood you're messing with and you have zero conscience about ripping them off/firing them. The industry knows you're scams, your customers know and your employees know. Keep believing this is a recipe for success and it will crumble even faster. You no longer have a sustainable business

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Search Optics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the free carbs you can eat... Casual work environment in a clean, modern building.

Cons

Basically everything else. Pathetic, fear mongering CEO. A small fish playing in a big pond. Lots of 'churn and burn' of sales employees. One day, when they get in touch with reality, they will realize that people are not disposable. Further, they may realize that with the slightest bit of leadership and direction that goals cannot only be met, but exceeded. Until then, all of the middle and upper management will just play "CYA" until they find the "right people." Good luck with that.

If you've read this far you should prepare yourself for the canned, rose-colored response from the HR department at the end of this review. It would seem that these reviews are the one area that they actually understand how SEO and customer response works.

Any opportunity will serve you better than this place!

Advice to Management

Learn to lead (not 'manage'). Understand that people are your most valuable resource. Unfortunately you seem to think people are just garbage to be thrown away once you're done with them. That is, of course, unless you've weasled into the CEOs good graces…

RSS Feed </> Embed