Search Optics

Updated May 2, 2014

Search Optics CEO David Ponn

David Ponn

Company is rapidly growing

ProsLots of opportunities for career growth if you work hard, promotes within for the most part

ConsTransitioning from a small company to a mid size company which can have its ups and downs during the process

May 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive outlook about the future of Search Optics, and we share your optimism! We understand our rapid growth can be challenging ... More

This company is on the verge of something great.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ferndale, MI

ProsGreat new training programs are a highlight - there is a lot of dedication to getting resources where they are needed to grow the business. Great people and a friendly culture

ConsStill experiencing growing pains. Business gets ahead of staffing at times and everything requires a sense of urgency. However, the work is challenging and fun!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate the vision and how we are working to achieve it. There are so many new people, they need to hear from you

May 22, 2014

Thank you for your review of Search Optics. We have been working rigorously to improve our training program, and we appreciate your acknowledgment of our efforts. We, too, believe that our culture is ... More

Growing company with robust outlook!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsEntrepreneurial atmosphere with culture that rewards strong efforts and ownership of process.

ConsThere is not much tolerance for substandard work. The company is in high growth mode and daily work can challenge people to stay on top of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a company that is new to multiple locations and new process, continue to increase communication channels with all departments.

May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your solid optimism about our future and the culture of ownership we have here at Search Optics. We certainly appreciate our ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people

Coordinator (Current Employee) Ferndale, MI

ProsThe coworkers are great. The company is growing super fast so there is always something interesting going on. The company sponsored outings are always well done.

ConsAbsolutely no communication between departments. Pay in relation to work performed is not even adequate. Many empty promises from upper management. Hiring required staff is completely reactive. It shouldn't take over six months to fill an entry level position. Any info provided for career path is vague at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your rank and file employees, you'd be surprised how valuable they are. Pay attention to moral. Stop implementing major changes without proper planning.

May 14, 2014

Thank you for your review of Search Optics; we greatly appreciate your feedback. We do have outstanding employees here and the camaraderie is one of the best parts of our culture! We appreciate you ... More

Great company and people to work with.

Web Team (Former Employee) Ferndale, MI

ProsGreat company, great people, great culture.

ConsCompensation could have been better, but it was average/competitive for the area.

Nice people, growing very fast, need to appreciate employees and share vision with them.

Social Media Strategist (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe folks at Search Optics are genuinely nice. In my time there (a year out of school), I never once had an issue/argument, large disagreement with anyone. People take their jobs seriously and do great work for their clients. Decent culture; similar to many agencies today (beer on friday, lunch provided here and there, occasional outing, etc.)

ConsAverage agency pay (perhaps a bit lower), poor communication between departments, lack of vision for employees. Because of growth, I worked with/and for a variety of people. One of the largest reasons I left; lack of communication and appreciation for my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet employees excited. As the company grows so should your employees' roles. Give them something to aspire to. Most agencies promote after a year, Search Optics seems to create roles and sporadically promote on a random basis.

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us and for your kind words about our company culture. We appreciate your feedback regarding our company’s communication platform and growth process. While our company is ... More

Not my cup of tea

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary they offered was very competitive

ConsThe training I received was not geared toward employee success.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people, offer better benefit packages

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our competitive pay. We have found in the past it is difficult for a fast growing company to develop deep growth ... More

Fast Company!

Team Member (Current Employee) Ferndale, MI

ProsSearch Optics is great place for people who like working in a progressive, fast-paced environment with lots of change. The days go by quickly and I always feel like I'm learning something new. Management, while busy, seems to genuinely care and are accessible when needed and are definitely open to new ideas. The company seems to be on the cutting edge with technologies and techniques.

ConsIf you like spending your day catching up on Facebook or surfing the web, you won't like it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on bringing the entire company up to speed on all the great things you are working on and how they will be implemented across the teams.

Great Place for Advancement

SEM Coordinator (Current Employee) Ferndale, MI

ProsGrowth Rate is extremely high for the industry. Many Opportunities for advancement as you learn and grow. If you are a hard worker and have dedication you will do extremely well.

ConsCommunication between departments can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease cohesiveness and communication between departments.

Inspiring work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEach employee is treated as an important part of the overall company. If you are eager to learn and grow they will give you the tools to do so. If you are looking to sit back and not contribute you will not last long.

ConsManagement often gives mixed messages which can be unsettling to employees. There are a lot of office politics.

Worked for Search Optics? Contribute to the Community!