Search Optics

Search Optics Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Search Optics CEO David Ponn

David Ponn

This company is on the verge of something great.

Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat new training programs are a highlight - there is a lot of dedication to getting resources where they are needed to grow the business. Great people and a friendly culture

ConsStill experiencing growing pains. Business gets ahead of staffing at times and everything requires a sense of urgency. However, the work is challenging and fun!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate the vision and how we are working to achieve it. There are so many new people, they need to hear from you

Growing company with robust outlook!

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEntrepreneurial atmosphere with culture that rewards strong efforts and ownership of process.

ConsThere is not much tolerance for substandard work. The company is in high growth mode and daily work can challenge people to stay on top of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a company that is new to multiple locations and new process, continue to increase communication channels with all departments.

Great people

Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for more than a year

ProsThe coworkers are great. The company is growing super fast so there is always something interesting going on. The company sponsored outings are always well done.

ConsAbsolutely no communication between departments. Pay in relation to work performed is not even adequate. Many empty promises from upper management. Hiring required staff is completely reactive. It shouldn't take over six months to fill an entry level position. Any info provided for career path is vague at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your rank and file employees, you'd be surprised how valuable they are. Pay attention to moral. Stop implementing major changes without proper planning.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and people to work with.

Web Team (Former Employee)

I worked at Search Optics full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company, great people, great culture.

ConsCompensation could have been better, but it was average/competitive for the area.

Nice people, growing very fast, need to appreciate employees and share vision with them.

Social Media Strategist (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for more than a year

ProsThe folks at Search Optics are genuinely nice. In my time there (a year out of school), I never once had an issue/argument, large disagreement with anyone. People take their jobs seriously and do great work for their clients. Decent culture; similar to many agencies today (beer on friday, lunch provided here and there, occasional outing, etc.)

ConsAverage agency pay (perhaps a bit lower), poor communication between departments, lack of vision for employees. Because of growth, I worked with/and for a variety of people. One of the largest reasons I left; lack of communication and appreciation for my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet employees excited. As the company grows so should your employees' roles. Give them something to aspire to. Most agencies promote after a year, Search Optics seems to create roles and sporadically promote on a random basis.

Flag Review

Search Optics Administrator responded to this review

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us and for your kind words about our company culture. We appreciate your feedback regarding our company’s communication platform and growth process. While our company is ... More

Not my cup of tea

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Search Optics

ProsThe salary they offered was very competitive

ConsThe training I received was not geared toward employee success.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people, offer better benefit packages

Flag Review

Search Optics Administrator responded to this review

Apr 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our competitive pay. We have found in the past it is difficult for a fast growing company to develop deep growth ... More

Fast Company!

Team Member (Current Employee)

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSearch Optics is great place for people who like working in a progressive, fast-paced environment with lots of change. The days go by quickly and I always feel like I'm learning something new. Management, while busy, seems to genuinely care and are accessible when needed and are definitely open to new ideas. The company seems to be on the cutting edge with technologies and techniques.

ConsIf you like spending your day catching up on Facebook or surfing the web, you won't like it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on bringing the entire company up to speed on all the great things you are working on and how they will be implemented across the teams.

Great Place for Advancement

SEM Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Search Optics full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth Rate is extremely high for the industry. Many Opportunities for advancement as you learn and grow. If you are a hard worker and have dedication you will do extremely well.

ConsCommunication between departments can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease cohesiveness and communication between departments.

Inspiring work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Search Optics full-time for more than a year

ProsEach employee is treated as an important part of the overall company. If you are eager to learn and grow they will give you the tools to do so. If you are looking to sit back and not contribute you will not last long.

ConsManagement often gives mixed messages which can be unsettling to employees. There are a lot of office politics.

Awesome!

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Search Optics for more than 3 years

ProsGreat opportunities, great people, always striving to be better.

ConsGrowing fast, but it's taking some departments a little longer to catch up with the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for Search Optics? Contribute to the Community!

Search Optics – Why Work for Us?

About Search Optics Search Optics, Inc. is an interactive marketing firm that specializes in the automotive industry. The company provides turnkey digital marketing solutions for automotive customers including virtual… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Search Optics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Search Optics CEO David Ponn. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Search Optics employees.