Search Technologies Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
8 reviews filtered by
4.3
Kamran Khan

1. Most interesting work ever!

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Team are very passionate about their work, always a new challenge to be met, training is always available, business is very busy! Never gets boring for sure. Projects and Teams change frequently, small company feeling, everyone knows you by name. It is great to be a part of this fast growing company.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Could always use more vacation though!

Keep up with the Annual KickOff event. It is vital for a growing Team to stay in touch with the latest news in other departments in the Company..

2. "A small company that is making a big impact on my career goals"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging, diverse work load

Financially sound company that invests in its people; management genuinely values its employees

Relaxed culture with a focus more on outcomes than processes; ideas and innovative thinking are encouraged

Company is customer-focused and authentically helps customers solve their search problems; it's not all about the revenue

Salaries are comparable to industry averages; the benefits are better than average

The CEO and leadership team are characteristically smart, energetic, hands-on and very approachable

Cons

Busy, fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task.

Continue to maintain the small company feel as the company continues to grow.

3. Best people I've ever worked with. Best job I've ever had, bar none.

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate culture places high value on people and relationships and the result is a family-like atmosphere. Management up to CEO are approachable and accessible, and open to ideas and improvements. We are like one big team. There are brilliant people working here. Benefits are competitive, esp healthcare, vacation and 401k. Annual kickoff is fantastic. They bring everyone from every location together for meetings, training, and fun activities, and I've never had that sort of experience elsewhere. I feel as though I now have friends all over the world. Have been here more than 5 years, and love it.

Cons

Things can get busy, but hard to complain about that since it's the result of our success. I have received great support in maintaining work-life balance, and enjoy the team around me. We work through obstacles together and support one-another.

I appreciate your direct contact with employees at every level, which makes us all feel a part of things. I've had enough experience at other companies to appreciate how well you treat your employees. I like that you share the "credit" for the company's success with all of us as a team.

5. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time

Pros

work life balance, lots od opportunities to learn new technologies, trainings etc

Cons

sometimes you may end of working in a project with a demanding customers - which might be challenging.

keep up the great work and kudos to annual kick off

6. An International IT Services Company That "Gets It"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, energy level, smart people, no BS.

Cons

Not exactly the Taj Mahal of office spaces (but hey that's how you stay profitable)

Keep up the strong focus in key areas like search and Big Data - but as company grows focus also has to extend to focus on the right partnerships (at the risk of some existing ones). Also don't be afraid to take some risks with technology.

7. Fantastic place to work at

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get trained in the technologies, they invest in Employees, good long term vision

Cons

Can't think of any yet.

Great technology and great environment in our Costa Rican office

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People in the company is very friendly and very professional. Level of the technical people is very high. Collaboration is great. Everybody seems to help to each other. Company goals are very clear. Financial stability and long term commitment with our office in Costa Rica. Benefits in general are very good. Schedule flexibility.

Cons

Not many cons to be honest. Maybe improving project execution and to have a better definition of corporate policies and procedures.

9. Good

Current Employee - Junior Technical Consultant in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Search Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. 15 days of vacation. Flexible schedule. Good PMs

Cons

The lowest yearly salary increase rate in my life as a professional, even if the company is having a great performance in the last few years. I don't know what to expect if the company does not have a good year in profit.

If the company is having a good year, the employees should receive a compensation based on the demonstrated performance.