Search Wizards

Updated July 29, 2014
3.6

Search Wizards CEO Leslie O’Connor
Leslie O’Connor

Best Company I have worked for to-date!

Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Search Wizards full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, personal, interested in their employees, proactive. SW has great tools in place to help their employees succeed. I speak highly of my company to all my friends and family, and I have referred many co-workers and friends. I enjoy my job, and I really enjoy the people at Search Wizards who make it possible.

Cons

I have been working here for 3+ years and I have yet to find a negative at this company!

Hasn't changed their processes in 14 years

Current Employee - Staffing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staffing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Search Wizards as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

* Work with high caliber clients
    * Pay is competitive
    * Good recruiters

Cons

* Low customer service
    * nonexclusive processes
    * Failure to evolve

Response to a recent reply from the company. While polite, the response highlights the frustration in working with Search Wizards. Wearing the statement "our processes haven't changed in 14 years" as a badge of honor goes to show how far they are missing the point. How many contractors did they have on the west coast 14 years ago? Maybe it’s time to shake the dust off and polish up their processes so the employees on the west coast get the same level of service as employees on the east coast.

Secondly, none of this is an excuse for poor customer service. Your contractors are out there working hard and doing their best to represent your brand. There is nothing wrong with deadlines, we all have them. It’s the way you police your deadlines that is the issue. We have to provide a high level of service and bring our “A” game every day for work. Is it too much to ask Search Wizards to do the same? Is it too much to ask they create processes and manage those processes in a way that is beneficial to contractors on both coast?

Search Wizards Response

Jul 14, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Apologies that your expectations are not being met. We are very fortunate to have so many consultants across the United States that feel proud and happy to work at Search Wizards. Many of our ... More

Excellent! Would love to work for them again!

Former Employee - Senior Sourcer & Recruiter (Virtual) in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Sourcer & Recruiter (Virtual) in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Search Wizards as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Search Wizards moved very quickly, as did their Client to get me on board since I had another offer. When my contract ended, they got me 2 or 3 solid companies to interview with and although I was not hired to date, they never stop trying. Talise, Miranda and Leslie are excellent!

Cons

None that I can think of and I hope to work with them again in the future!

Keep up the great work - each member of your team is great!

Great agency to work with!!!

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Search Wizards as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly professional, took great interest in what I was doing for their client and if all my needs were met. Never any issue with pay/benefits or expenses. They constantly checked in on me to see how tings were going. Senior management was hands on in keeping in touch. Can't say enough good about Search Wizards experience!!

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

Search No Longer - Search Wizards is your answer

Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Niles, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Niles, IL

I have been working at Search Wizards part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexibility, diverse, Company is very in tune with the current trends in today's technology based world.

Cons

In my case, being virtual, the interaction with co workers is the only con in my experience with the company

no comment

I have been working at Search Wizards

Pros

Owner presents herself well and has been able to secure some good contracts.

Cons

I only had contact with one other person at Search Wizards besides the owner and she may have been a part-time contractor. Staffing Consultants are contracted out to the owner's clients. I don't
    think there are any "employees" at Search Wizards. Experience was disappointing with owner's actions and communications.

no comment

Concerning

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant

I worked at Search Wizards as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They are efficient when it comes to getting you placed onsite at client company

Cons

No pay for hours over 40, expectations is to just send over 40 hours each week

Be polite to your vendors and do unto others as you wish to be done to you.

Search Wizards Response

Mar 21, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. Your claims are serious to us and so is your feedback. There are times when our clients put restrictions on the number of hours our resources can ... More

I contracted through Search Wizards to Microsoft. They were great to work for and I would highly recommend them.

I worked at Search Wizards as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Every person I worked with at Search Wizards was professional and extremely helpful. If I needed anything they were on it! They checked in with me to see how my contract was going every month and I always felt that I could count on them. They also have excellent benefits and offer educational opportunities. They really go above and beyond to make the experience with them a great one.

Cons

There are not any. My experience was excellent.

A GLOBAL LEADER IN RPO

I have been working at Search Wizards

Pros

high energy environmet, flexibiliy with work schedule, opportunity for advancement,

Cons

it is a pro and a con: working virtual sometimes makes the "office" enviroment a thing of the past. Obviously the same interaction with coworkers is not there. However, the fleibility makes up for that.

Keep doing what you are doing ... it is obviously working for you!