Sears

Sears Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer Edward S. Lampert

Edward S. Lampert

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice place to work.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Sears part-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoyed working at Sears, in Hardware, Lawn and Garden, and then Appliances. It was fun, and most of the employees are friendly and fun. I always got along great with the management team as well.

ConsPay is not the greatest, but not the worst either.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease put less sales people on the floor. That made it really hard to make any money.

Not worth the trouble

Cashier (Current Employee)
Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Sears

Pros- There's room for advancement and moving around in the company most of the time.
- Nice co-workers for the most part.
- I was praised often for signing customers up for credit cards and rewards programs.

ConsManagement doesn't have their act together. I've been an employee at Sears for a month and, while my employee ID number was assigned, I've never been able to use it to punch in/out for shifts. This meant I had to use punch correction slips every week, which became very frustrating. After bringing this to the attention of my managers, I was repeatedly answered with, "I'll look into that." The issue was never resolved.

On top of that, despite my time with the company, I am still not included on weekly schedules when posted. I have to run to the back and ask for a schedule to be made. One week, I was given 3 different schedules by 3 different managers because I "still wasn't in the system". After a month! This lead to enormous confusion and tongue lashings that I did not deserve.

Furthermore, while I was trained well enough to operate a register, 90% of the job I had to teach myself or learn from trial and error. When I asked for advice on how to do a certain command on the computer, like a discount or a return or whatever, I was met with rolled eyes and exasperated sighs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say you'll look into an employee's troubles/issues, follow through.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings in Charlottesville, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.