Sears

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.5 3,597 reviews

Sears Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer Edward S. Lampert

Edward S. Lampert

Pros
  • Time flexibility for some positions, which allows to have a good work-life balance(in 86 reviews)

• Despite how difficult it was to work at Sears I am glad I met such great people(in 123 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance; No consideration for anything employee related(in 96 reviews)

• Corporate only cares about forcing Sears credit cards on all of the customers(in 162 reviews)

3,597 Employee Reviews

OBU LIFE

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsRoom for growth if you're willing to put in the work.

ConsNone, its what you make it

Advice to Senior ManagementHire passion and train talent. Stop hiring your friends and family. And holding back hard working professional for no real reasons.980510

First LP job and was almost my last...

Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsMy manager would let me come and go as I wanted. This was great because I was in college and would come and work full shifts after school. I was part time but would work 39.5 hours. The store manager was a great one. He knew his stuff and was personable. I did learn some things that I still use today in my LP career.

ConsThe DLPM was severely unprofessional. He would yell at my manager and treat the LP staff like we were trash. My manager did have a hard time with the job, but don't act like that to people. My manager was a good guy, but went on a leave of absence that turned to him leaving. This turned to the ops manager creating the schedule and saying she could only give me 10 hours a week, when I was the only LP at that point. Other managers stepped in to help the store but they were also on the same path as the DLPM. Between the scheduling and the lack of leadership, I left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave people in LPM and DLPM position that work and deserve the position. People that can talk to their staff without making them feel as though they are horrible. If someone needs coaching, that's one thing. Degrading them is another.

It was a quaint place with a high turnover rate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey always tried to work with my schedule even if things came up last minute

ConsThere was a high turnover rate

Advice to Senior Managementstop hiring high school students, they tend to be unreliable

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

average experience for sales.

Kohls Seasonal Sales Employee (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsManangers are not too hard on you, they have normal expectations for you while you are working for them. The company is decent to work for.

Conssliding schedule, you never know exactly what the next week will be like, you are moved around constantly whenever there is someone missing they expect you to be available.

Good company

Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) Coeur d'Alene, ID

ProsGreat people great products, family friendly

ConsNot enough hours, micro mis managemen5

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with dignity and respect

Good company

ProsPay is pretty good at Sears

ConsStucture is very strange. Not sure what they're doing.

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly employees and co workers

ConsAntiquated equipment, benefits not the best.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

Just released

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe People and the work environment

ConsThe Direction of the company

sales project consultant

Sale Associate (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Proswork from you own car

Consrejected 3 out of 10 calls

Advice to Senior Managementa lot more product training and information.

SHC has been an experience that has taught me a lot about politics in corporate America.

ProsAt Sears, the scheduling flexibility for the management team is a plus.

ConsChallenges in working at SHC is the lack of leadership training for its management team. Continuous educations promotes growth and innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrontline management has a direct impact on our organization. Give them the autonomy to make strategic decisions to improve the member experience. As well as, pay managers based on education and experience.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!