Sears

Sears Reviews in Holyoke, MA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Sears Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer Edward S. Lampert

Edward S. Lampert

Pros
  • Time flexibility for some positions, which allows to have a good work-life balance(in 87 reviews)

• Despite how difficult it was to work at Sears I am glad I met such great people(in 123 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance; No consideration for anything employee related(in 96 reviews)

• Recognition & hours based almost entirely on pushing high interest credit cards(in 163 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Stressful

Full Time Cashier Advisor (Former Employee) Holyoke, MA

ProsCoworkers. And actually making money of the credit cards we are forced to force on customers. Given full time after just a few months.

ConsManagement constantly threatening your job over not getting enough shop your way rewards sign ups or credit card application. Required to ask the customer no less than three times. Managers hide around displays listening, with a clipboard to see if you're asking. Will be fired if you don't ask. I was top in those numbers, but it was still very stressful. And I was a full time advisor to cashiers. So I trained new employees and was held accountable for their credit and rewards sign ups. All for no pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the threats.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!