Sears Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

5,767 Employee Reviews

1. Pretty Good

I have been working at Sears part-time

Pros

They stay true to your schedule. Coworkers are very friendly and patient with new workers. Some management can really improve your need to succeed and give you the extra push for wanting better.

Cons

They can and will change their schedule day of(within your allowed schedule). Credits is a large need and hours depend on how many you can get. Only move up after a few years.

2. Backroom Team Member

Current Employee - Backroom Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Backroom Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Pros

There is a lot of room for advancement. The Work life balance can be decent. They have an ever evolving business practice, and outlook towards the market.

Cons

The technology is a bit outdated in most stores. The system can sometimes be convoluted in the way they do things. The pay can be subpar. Sometimes the older coworkers can be unwilling to change and adapt to new processes. They have been known to merge jobs and put more responsibility on people with the same amount of pay.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who have worked the job, and have been there longer. They know what they are talking about. Stop merging jobs so that people have to take on more and more responsibility for the same pay.

3. Customer Service Rep

I worked at Sears full-time

Pros

I loved the people! The atmosphere was wonderful for a call center... benefits and pay were great too!

Cons

Not to many bad things about the place, management was great, I really loved working here. If I hadn't moved because of the military I would probably still be working there.

Advice to Management

Management was always wonderful. My direct boss was amazing, her boss was too, and HR was always a breeze.

5. The only complaint I have is that there is no night differential for 3rd shift

Current Employee - Watehouse Employee in Swedesboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Watehouse Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Pros

Very laid back, time off requests are always met. Team leads and managers are very helpful and are willing to train you in different areas

Cons

As stated previously, there is no night differential for 3rd shift employees. Can not seem to get reliable workers because of this

Advice to Management

Increase the pay

6. automotive tech

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Sears full-time

Pros

flexible hours, good people to work with, equipment and tools were readily available. getting parts was usually an easy task.

Cons

flexible hours means you have to work weekends, management always trying to tinker with staffing and expectations were not always realistic, pay should be better.

Advice to Management

Always make sure to have enough staff on hand, frustrating when understaffed and overworked. make the pay scales more reflective on performance, not just years of service.

7. ASM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at Sears full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment. It is a large company so there is room for advancement, especially if you are willing to move.

Cons

Unrealistic goals and metrics. Middle management is out of touch with real life store operations. Company has gotten away from driving the P&L and instead focuses on gimmicks.

Advice to Management

Drive sales, customer loyalty, and quality products.

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Sears (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love my co-workers Commission pay here is great

Cons

Commission based sales can also be a con

9. cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sears (Less than a year)

Pros

great stores, CLEAN STORES, GREAT EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS

Cons

part time it only gives you 4hrs or 8 hrs a week and on high season 25 the most

10. Store Associate

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Sears (More than a year)

Pros

There were honestly very few pros to working at Sears, but the few pros I did have were the associate discount, flexible scheduling (my management team was pretty good about this) and

Cons

The cons are numerous. Unreasonable credit, rewards, and email update metrics. Hours were determined based solely on metrics attainment, leading to a vicious cycle of no-hours, no-credit, less hours, less credit. The company is overall failing. No opportunity for advancement or pay raises.

Advice to Management

Try to save the company - realize when your goals are unattainable and detract from the customer experience. Pay attention to your associates and customers, and learn from your mistakes, STOP repeating them.

11. CSA

Pros

Made decent money for being a student

Cons

upper management (RM; CEO) were tools. Really don't know anything about automotive sales

Advice to Management

hire internally

Showing 5,767 of 5,859 reviews