Sears Reviews in Saint Cloud, MN

2.5
3,791 Reviews

Sears Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer Edward S. Lampert
Edward S. Lampert

Pros
  • Time flexibility for some positions, which allows to have a good work-life balance (in 87 reviews)

• Despite how difficult it was to work at Sears I am glad I met such great people (in 123 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance; No consideration for anything employee related (in 96 reviews)

• Recognition & hours based almost entirely on pushing high interest credit cards (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work in college, but doesn't pay enough.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Works well around school schedule. Thats about it.

Cons

Not good enough pay. Warehouse gets all the hard work around the store. They expect us to get all this stuff done and don't give us enough hours or manpower to do it all. They don't really give us any raises. I've worked here for two years and had one, and that was the raise everyone got at the same time.

GIVE US MORE MONEY!! The warehouse works harder than everyone else and should be compensated for it.

Discouraging place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you kiss the managers' asses you can get acknowledged. Otherwise, even hard-working employees go unnoticed. The only real positive I saw was that they are so desperate to hire people that it's easy to get a job there.

Cons

The management at Sears I worked was very "below the line" in the way they managed their employees. Pitching Shop Your Way is a joke and they often played favorites, giving special treatment to the associates who would sit and b.s. with them. Dealing with the annoying customers was exhausting and just the overall "feel" of Sears is negative when you walk in. I would not recommend to work for this company.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!