Seattle Cancer Care Alliance

Updated August 14, 2014

3.3

Fred Appelbaum

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people, but SCCA is still young.

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best part of working there is the passionate people who really care about patients and about making a difference in health care. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Pay is definitely on the non-profit scale for non-medical staff. People are generally stressed out and moral is low.

People who want to move up and have the skills should get the opportunity. Seems like the Finance branch has all the funding for FTEs.

Fantastic place to work and grow professionally

Current Employee - Staff Nurse  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff and nurse management are great! The support and training are a priority with this company. Fortunately when you are a fast learner, they adapt the training schedule to your pace.

Cons

There were really never any big cons to think of while working for this company. It was a great pleasure working at the SCCA.

Great mission, mediocre leadership

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The missions of the organization is integrated to every part of the company. Staff have a strong commitment to serving patients and their families. There are some opportunities for advancement if you work for the right department/manager. Great benefits, time-off and vacation time. Coverage for maternity/paternity leave is also good.

Cons

Inconsistent promotional opportunities. Leadership varies greatly, some managers are outstanding while others make you question how they moved up so far in the organization. There is an attempt to cultivate Lean principles but this is not fully integrated at the director level.

Create development plans for all staff, provide feedback as to the status of the staff members development and allow for growth and advancement within the company. Recognize that staff in similar positions are not treated consistently and this create disgruntled employees and higher employee turnover.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dedicated staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good support from administration and department heads

Cons

Some positions are partially funded by Univ. of WA, but employee is unaware of it until there is a layoff decision that was made by Univ. of WA, not SCCA

Keep lines of communication open

An inspired workplace where staff at all levels are focused on patient and family centered care.

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a commitment to excellence here that is palpable. The availability to clinical trials gives patients hope and opportunities they wouldn't have elsewhere. Most physicians I worked with were team players, although admittedly some were quite challenging. South Lake Union is a beautiful and vibrant area so it is easy to enjoy downtown Seattle life or events after work.. Great cafeterias (3 total on campus) with reasonably priced food and a quality on site daycare facility. They also have monthly employee appreciation events and a bunch of discounted tickets/various offers throughout the year.

Cons

Upper management is unaware and disconnected from the real challenges facing clinic staff and patients. The organization has grown massively since the beginning and there is a pattern of hiring new providers without expanding support staff which can lead to burnout. Parking can be pricey and difficult to get an on site spot.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technologist II, Certified  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technologist II, Certified in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, wages compensation packages

Cons

Upper management issues need to be in line with the company's vision and goals

make certain that upper management has the same vision/goals as the company

Very bad working environment as a systems administrator

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really liked the flexible hours, it helped me stay away from my team. The vacation and sick time were really nice.

Cons

It is a very hostile work environment in IT. I and others on my team have been berated and bullied over the years and management does nothing to stop it. It is rather sad that I had to leave to get away from such a poisonous workplace.

Management has a great tendency to turn a blind eye to anything that is a conflict. I guess if you really want to work at a place that you can get away with almost anything then this is the company you want to work for.

The SCCA is in the business of taking care of it's patients not its workers.

Step up and take charge before you loose all your great talent.

One of the BEST companies I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great salary & perc's! Invaluable experience & exposure to the job.

Cons

I would love free parking!

Keep up the great work!

Mana

Current Employee - Team Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Team Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting pay, importance put on Patient care, team members are great and like family

Cons

management has no idea what goes on on the front lines, employees suffer from lack of oversight, lack of staffing support, they overload staff instead of helping out themselves

cross train. learn the jobs of those you manage. otherwise you will continue to have high turn over and satisfied employes.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance

Pros

Great people, great location (Southeast Lake Union), nice work environment. All in all, it was a great place to work.

Cons

As with most healthcare organizations, there is a fair amount of inefficiency. There wasn't a big push toward becoming more efficient. In fact, the organization, for the most part, doesn't look at costs at all.

Create more opportunities for career advancement. Develop employee recognition programs and work with employees to help them grow in terms of skills and continuing education.

Worked for Seattle Cancer Care Alliance? Contribute to the Community!