Seattle Children's

Seattle Children's Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Seattle Children's CEO Thomas N. Hansen

Thomas N. Hansen

Pros
  • Great benefits, especially if you have children (in 6 reviews)

• Good scientists and colleagues, excellent benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Below market compensation, don't trust HR with ANYTHING sensitive, unnecessary layers of upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Not a lot of opportunities for Growth (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to work at!!

ProsSeattle Children's Hospital provide great healthcare benefits and a fun place to work at.

ConsMore room for employee advancement please!

We are so spoiled as employees

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Pros(non-contract) Tons of paid time off, perks throughout the community, discounts for personal cell phones, education assistance, a lot of open positions internally, programs for continuing education, employee appreciation, 401a matching

ConsDrama in some departments, HR reps don't 'play fair' all the time, certain office politics you have to navigate around sometimes (such as most jobs)

I have enjoed working here - when it comes to moving up in yuor role it is hard to find the support needed.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood company mission
    I like telling people where I work
    You know that you are a part of something bigger that is doing a lot of good for a lot of people in the community

ConsNot a lot of opportunities for Growth.
    HR is difficult and not responsive to concerns.
    Salary is not completive
    Not a lot of vacation time. PTO is calculated in a very confusing nature
    Not Many soft perks with the company – if you are not able to take a bus to work parking is very expensive.
    culture varies a lot from one department to another - it all comes back to mamagement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome research institute to work for!

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI love the people that I work with, and all the benefits that comes with the job. Research institute on Stewart and Ninth is very new and is very clean. They also encourage commuting via public transportation and give us monetary bonuses for using public transportation (which is paid for in the first place).

ConsThe management is not very structured in some labs. I also do not like the very short window for delivered package pick up.

Not the greatest place

Prosmission and purpose is great, health coverage is very comprehensive.

ConsBelow market compensation, don't trust HR with ANYTHING sensitive, unnecessary layers of upper management...

Time-off policies are lacking. Reliability of computer systems and technical support is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementLumping PTO and Sick time into one pot that only gives you 10 days paid/year is ridiculous; especially considering this is a hospital and sick employees are required to stay home.

Children get well taken care of

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing to see that you can make a difference.

ConsThere is not a work and life balance. Management can be challenging to deal with. The cafeteria doesn't put out the healthiest options or variety.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Overall, a great organization to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood employee incentives and discounts. Very dedicated to continuous process improvement.
    Benefits are great, if you get them!

ConsConstantly increasing workload without additional FTE to support it.
    Do not give per diem employees benefits even if they're working 40 hrs/wk every week. Also does not give bonus pay in lieu of benefits like most other companies.
    They may fire you for little to no reason. HR is quick to make assumptions and doesn't care what your side of the story is.

Excellent organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat mission and vision; opportunity to work with very talented and committed people who are passionate about taking care of children and their families in time of stress and illness.

ConsMultiple competing priorities are a challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower your people through the lean healthcare journey and prove that the highest quality health care can also the most cost effective and efficient.

Great company to work for

ProsSeattle Children's treats its employees well. There are many perks to the job (such as discount tickets and services) and it seems that many people are happy in their jobs. Many people get hired and transferred internally for promotions.

ConsI work in an administrative (not medical) department, and we do not get any sick days. All days off are lumped together as PTO - therefore, people tend to come to work sick b/c they don't want to lose PTO days.

Wonderful work/family life balance.

ProsAmazing things we do to support and care for our children.

ConsSeattle Children's as of this given moment and time does not present any cons for me as an employee.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Seattle Children's? Contribute to the Community!