Seattle University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Seattle University President Father Stephen V. Sundborg

Father Stephen V. Sundborg

Strong mission and vision statement

Middle Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsIf you like to work for an organization that helps you remember the vision and mission statement on a daily basis, this is the organization/institution for you. Great educational benefits for employees and their families. Good work-life balance.

ConsLimited promotional opportunities and no succession planning process to keep good employees in the institution.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a way to promote from within if current employees are qualified; better succession planning for current faculty and staff.

Great place to work

Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful place to work. Great people, mission, values, and community. Very supportive and encouraging of personal and professional growth.

ConsNot really much of a con, but not a big fan of the campus location. However, despite it's very urban location, they've done a good job at creating green spaces on campus. open campus.

Program Coordinator

Program Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsFlexibility with hours is a pro, in addition to benefits if you are attending to school in Seattle U.

ConsThe salaries for work-study positions are capped. Tuition benefits are not offered for work-study roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to consider tuition discounts for work-study employees as well.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, mission, work-life balance

Middle Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood people, mission and students. Wonderful grounds, highly encouraging of work life balance and increasing education. Lots of additional paid holidays (week between Christmas and New Years)

ConsDue to great benefits package compensation on the low end. HR and OIT are difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to feedback from staff. Dont treat administrative support staff like they are disposable, the cost of attrition is more than you think.

Great work environment, flexible hours

Web Migration Assistant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsI enjoyed the freedom and creativity that was fostered while working here. The people are really nice and want to help you succeed.

ConsThe compensation was not very impressive mainly because it's an on campus job. Also, sometimes it was tough to get a hold of certain people that I needed to complete certain tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing!

SU

ProsFlexible management, good values and culture. Supportive supervisors

ConsTechnology infrastructure for company communications needs improvement.

As a club team coach I felt supported yet was allowed a massive amount of freedom.

Head Coach (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsSeattle University Crew was still a club program when I was there which provided ample freedom to experiment with different techniques and programs.

ConsThe almost limitless freedom came with a lack of oversight and administrative assistance which caused difficulty at times, but wasn't really all that bad.

Great Campus Great People

Associate Professor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Work-life balance.
    People were very nice.
    Students were very grateful of the knowledge I had, and they were very respectful.

ConsAs a contracter, I was not offered any benefits, but I was required to be there at certain times. The demands of the contract kept growing, even as my pay stayed the same. No parking was offered

Advice to Senior ManagementEven contract workers deserve some benefit. Even a tour around the campus would have been helpful.

Wonderful place to work and grow at.

Seattle, WA

ProsGreat work/life balance, stable hours, friendly staff, and supportive administration. Plus lots of perks from working at a university (classes, gym, pool, benefits, retirement, generous vacation and sick leave). Plus at the end of the day you feel like you are making the world a better place.

ConsUniversities in general pay below the standard for the same type of position in another industry. However, there are far less chances of overtime. College enrollment is going down and as a result departments are getting slimmer.

Supportive colleagues and opportunities for building connections across campus.

ProsThe people at Seattle U are generally very supportive and there are many opportunities for personal and professional development.

ConsThe biggest challenge of working at Seattle U is the need to depend on connections and relationships on campus to get work done. Work life balance also tends to be a common challenge amongst faculty and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop personal and professional development opportunities that focus on work life balance.

Worked for Seattle University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seattle University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seattle University CEO Father Stephen V. Sundborg. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Seattle University employees.