Second Sight
www.2-sight.com Sylmar, CA

Second Sight Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

A major management mis-step that leads to poor morale

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Second Sight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Many excellent and friendly people in the work place.
- A lot of opportunity to grow in career.
- Not much politics in the company.
- Fast pace environment.
- CEO has the open door policy. He is friendly, willing to listen to constructive feedback from the employees and take steps to improve work conditions.

Cons- Lack of resource to conduct important developmental work.
- Management took a mis-step to time the major layoff at the time when employees are at the highest work morale and best company outlook. As a result, the whole company morale drop to the floor level and leading to many committed key people leaving.
- Lack of communication between the upper management and employees in the past 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek to understand and improve the work morale of the employee. Give employee the excitement to work at the company. Assure the employee the stability and future of the company. Cultivate and promote a good working environment. It is a cool and rewarding product to work on, but the environment and perception does not reflect that.

Pitiful to waste such fabulous potential

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Second Sight full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMost employees want to help humanity.

ConsVery poor management - seem to be incapable of making a decision, they get together in a group to hire consultants to make their decisions for them. Has done a couple of layoffs that they don't call layoffs - those of us remaining call them a layoff and wonder when it will be our turn. After these layoffs which are supposed to be about saving money, they hire more consultants - are they working for free?

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the people you need to move forward are looking for another gig, is that really what you want?

FDA Approval & Lay Off at the same time?

Sylmar, CA

ProsFounded by one of the greatest inventors of the 20th Century - Al Mann

Conscompany doesn't know how to manage its money or its people - we are celebrating fda approval at the same time we are laying off employees without any warning - this will be a fun party (fail).

Advice to Senior Managementgo take a class or bring in a consultant but learn how to motivate people and encourage them to give their best. a site like mint can help you learn to manage money so we aren't laying off when we should be kicking into high gear.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Second Sight full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmall company feel with tons of flexibility.

ConsSylmar is not the ideal location

Worked for Second Sight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Second Sight reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Second Sight employees.