Secure-24

Add Photos

Mike Jennings

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsLots of room for advancement. lots to learn, very challenging

Consno work life balance, unrealistic metrics

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people & train better

Tread Lightly

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsWhen things were good, they were really good! The people are (mostly) great and several technologies at hand.

ConsThings have changed drastically, which is expected over time, but S24 was heavy on maintaining the work/life balance and neighborly atmosphere. Those things have both depleted. Not to mention the salaries are comprised of numbers randomly thrown about, 2 people in the same role may make 2 very different salaries. Management has become questionable and the loyalty has been thrown out the window.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the principles that S-24 was built upon and try not to let that slip away any further than it already has.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Over all good company to work for

ProsThis is a great start up company. Which gives you an opportunity to grow technically with in short time. As long as the management is happy with your performance and if you show the desire to learn, you can grow to be a senior member of the team. good place with work and life balance.

ConsToo much of responsibilities for very less salary

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to start paying the employees based on market value

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family-oriented

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

Proswork as a team to resolved customer issues

Conssalary is not great and be prepared to work your hard.

A Promising Company On The Decline

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

Pros1. Ability to work on a variety of technology types.
    2. Insurance, but that's sure to fall away.

Cons1. Massive layofffs recently due to the inevitable mismanagement of a capital company that seeks profit rather than managing what the owners (Volker and Mattias) worked so hard to build.
    2. The owners have abandoned the company and the dream is gone.
    3. Corporate culture has 100% replaced the unique culture that Matthias and Volker worked hard to achieve. We are all just numbers now.
    4. Business prospects are dwindling as the Sales Team uses greed and ego to go after large badge customers that are harder to implement and support than what build the company (quality ITO and application hosting).

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to get Matthias and Volker back and get rid of the capital company or you're going to see a mass exodus of talent and a declining customer base.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure, every day.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsRapid growth company that allows me to improve my technical ability and learn at a pace I could not learn at my previous company. I get to work on a wide number of technologies and clients. Also, work with some of the most down to earth and fun people ever. This is nothing like a typical corporate environment. Very open and approachable managers and executives. Flexible work schedule.

ConsShifting priorities and lack of accountability on a few fronts (although that is improving). Long hours at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes we should say no to some clients. Keep up the communication and great benefits.

Don't believe the hype

Engineer (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGood co workers, usually.
    100% benefits but I am sure that is the next to go.

ConsAfter reading the latest “positive” reviews I felt the need to add mine. Don’t the most recent positive reviews sound like they were written by the same person? Most likely someone on the inside trying to keep people from getting scared away.

The blame game is rampant here. The lowest guy on the totem pole is always at fault with no regard to possibly upper management is the issue. (not including the original founders who are now board members) Of course not, pretty fishy that out of the 50+ layoffs the past month none of the upper management that hangs out together on the weekends was touched. The workerbees had to suffer while the people that caused this mess still prosper and puff up their chests as so called “leaders”.

All the previous negative reviews are true; the positives are the one to question. Worst decision of my life to come here I hope to get out soon as do others.

Advice to Senior Managementnone - good luck to you

Horrible place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThere are no Pro's, this company is rapidly declining.

ConsThis company was ran by children, managers that have bad reputations through out the Detroit metro area. They ran the company so poorly that it is now owned by a holding company and they've done mass lay-offs in the month of September.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace your self with qualified, experienced management staff. I hope the new owners realize this and execute on this plan.

Secure-24 Lay-offs

(Current Employee)

ProsThere are no " Pros " The future of S-24 is uncertain.

ConsAs of 9/18/2013 approximately 50 employees were laid off this week. Why? The Executive Leadership made poor choices throughout 2012 and 2013 that lead this mass layoff. The straw that broke the camels back was that the banks that hold S-24 loans demanded that the board institute layoffs immediately. S-24 had tremendous growth in Sales in 2013 but these deals were structured so that huge expenditures for IT hardware in these deals were financed over a period of years. This means very little money upfront, profit is not realized until 2 or 3 years later. Enough of these deals made S-24 cash poor. S-24 leadership did not manage the type of deals sales was bringing in. The result, Layoff's.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat happened to the culture and being good stewards? The leadership in the past valued trust and loyalty, it is now non-existent. Leadership portrayed the attribute of being Socially Conscious, with the layoff's they appear irresponsible, They hired over 75 people in the last 6 months and then layoff key employees, just to save money.... that stinks...

Awesome!

ProsAt Secure-24 you will join a highly energized team and a fast growing company. You will learn many new technologies and have the ability to expand your knowledge everyday. There are great company/family events and the health benefits are absolutely fantastic.

ConsThe cons are positive. We are a growing company so there is a need to always renew/refresh policies/procedures and technology. What was good 6 months ago can become antiquated or inefficient very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of the same! There has been a recent re-org and the company is re-energized.

Worked for Secure-24? Contribute to the Community!