Secure-24 Reviews

3.2

Mike Jennings

Still a Great Place to Work

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Secure-24 is a fantastic company with many opportunities for smart technical people. Employees get to touch so many different types of technology. Overall, it is a great group of people to work with.
    In spite of a couple of rough months at the end of last year, some management changes have been made and the culture is still strong. I have to say that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Because we work in an extremely fast-paced environment, it can be difficult for some individuals to keep up the pace. The company is still "young" and as a result there are some growing pains.

"If you want to expand your technical skills, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The chance to work on the latest and greatest technologies.The ability to work with some of the most senior engineering talent in Michigan!Lots of great activities and outings and a very impressive 100% health care plan.Work-life balance has gotten better over the last year and but there is still room for improvement

Cons

None,its best job I have ever had!

Keep it up.I find that all managers in the company are very friendly and open.The CEO and VPs are also very approachable.Do more happy hours!

Tread Lightly

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When things were good, they were really good! The people are (mostly) great and several technologies at hand.

Cons

Things have changed drastically, which is expected over time, but S24 was heavy on maintaining the work/life balance and neighborly atmosphere. Those things have both depleted. Not to mention the salaries are comprised of numbers randomly thrown about, 2 people in the same role may make 2 very different salaries. Management has become questionable and the loyalty has been thrown out the window.

Remember the principles that S-24 was built upon and try not to let that slip away any further than it already has.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over all good company to work for

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great start up company. Which gives you an opportunity to grow technically with in short time. As long as the management is happy with your performance and if you show the desire to learn, you can grow to be a senior member of the team. good place with work and life balance.

Cons

Too much of responsibilities for very less salary

They need to start paying the employees based on market value

Family-oriented

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

work as a team to resolved customer issues

Cons

salary is not great and be prepared to work your hard.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure, every day.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapid growth company that allows me to improve my technical ability and learn at a pace I could not learn at my previous company. I get to work on a wide number of technologies and clients. Also, work with some of the most down to earth and fun people ever. This is nothing like a typical corporate environment. Very open and approachable managers and executives. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Shifting priorities and lack of accountability on a few fronts (although that is improving). Long hours at times.

Sometimes we should say no to some clients. Keep up the communication and great benefits.

A Promising Company On The Decline

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

1. Ability to work on a variety of technology types.
    2. Insurance, but that's sure to fall away.

Cons

1. Massive layofffs recently due to the inevitable mismanagement of a capital company that seeks profit rather than managing what the owners (Volker and Mattias) worked so hard to build.
    2. The owners have abandoned the company and the dream is gone.
    3. Corporate culture has 100% replaced the unique culture that Matthias and Volker worked hard to achieve. We are all just numbers now.
    4. Business prospects are dwindling as the Sales Team uses greed and ego to go after large badge customers that are harder to implement and support than what build the company (quality ITO and application hosting).

Find a way to get Matthias and Volker back and get rid of the capital company or you're going to see a mass exodus of talent and a declining customer base.

Don't believe the hype

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co workers, usually.
    100% benefits but I am sure that is the next to go.

Cons

After reading the latest “positive” reviews I felt the need to add mine. Don’t the most recent positive reviews sound like they were written by the same person? Most likely someone on the inside trying to keep people from getting scared away.

The blame game is rampant here. The lowest guy on the totem pole is always at fault with no regard to possibly upper management is the issue. (not including the original founders who are now board members) Of course not, pretty fishy that out of the 50+ layoffs the past month none of the upper management that hangs out together on the weekends was touched. The workerbees had to suffer while the people that caused this mess still prosper and puff up their chests as so called “leaders”.

All the previous negative reviews are true; the positives are the one to question. Worst decision of my life to come here I hope to get out soon as do others.

none - good luck to you

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no Pro's, this company is rapidly declining.

Cons

This company was ran by children, managers that have bad reputations through out the Detroit metro area. They ran the company so poorly that it is now owned by a holding company and they've done mass lay-offs in the month of September.

Replace your self with qualified, experienced management staff. I hope the new owners realize this and execute on this plan.

Secure-24 Lay-offs

I have been working at Secure-24 for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no " Pros " The future of S-24 is uncertain.

Cons

As of 9/18/2013 approximately 50 employees were laid off this week. Why? The Executive Leadership made poor choices throughout 2012 and 2013 that lead this mass layoff. The straw that broke the camels back was that the banks that hold S-24 loans demanded that the board institute layoffs immediately. S-24 had tremendous growth in Sales in 2013 but these deals were structured so that huge expenditures for IT hardware in these deals were financed over a period of years. This means very little money upfront, profit is not realized until 2 or 3 years later. Enough of these deals made S-24 cash poor. S-24 leadership did not manage the type of deals sales was bringing in. The result, Layoff's.

What happened to the culture and being good stewards? The leadership in the past valued trust and loyalty, it is now non-existent. Leadership portrayed the attribute of being Socially Conscious, with the layoff's they appear irresponsible, They hired over 75 people in the last 6 months and then layoff key employees, just to save money.... that stinks...

Worked for Secure-24? Contribute to the Community!