Secure-24

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014
3.1

Mike Jennings

"If you want to expand your technical skills, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The chance to work on the latest and greatest technologies.The ability to work with some of the most senior engineering talent in Michigan!Lots of great activities and outings and a very impressive 100% health care plan.Work-life balance has gotten better over the last year and but there is still room for improvement

Cons

None,its best job I have ever had!

Keep it up.I find that all managers in the company are very friendly and open.The CEO and VPs are also very approachable.Do more happy hours!

Still a Great Place to Work

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is a fantastic company with many opportunities for smart technical people. Employees get to touch so many different types of technology. Overall, it is a great group of people to work with.
    In spite of a couple of rough months at the end of last year, some management changes have been made and the culture is still strong. I have to say that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Because we work in an extremely fast-paced environment, it can be difficult for some individuals to keep up the pace. The company is still "young" and as a result there are some growing pains.

A fine place to learn a technology, but a dysfunctional family on the whole

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

S24 is very engineering-heavy, and is a great place to develop skills with a particular application or technology.
    S24 provides excellent employee flexibility for work hours and timing, and many employees take long-ish lunches.
    S24 has a nice facility

Cons

Poor line managers that chase ticket metrics instead of understanding the underlying challenges of the business
    Current management is a verse to capital spending, and infrastructure suffers
    Utter lack of unified technological vision
    Sloppy sales scoping leading to project that lose money and antagonize engineers
    Total disregard for employee development except when it overlaps with business goals
    Former owners walked with tense of millions from the sale of the company, while longtime employees got precisely zero. Family indeed.

Unify tech vision under an experienced CTO.
    Offer equity to employees.
    Get sales under control

CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement. lots to learn, very challenging

Cons

no work life balance, unrealistic metrics

hire more people & train better

Tread Lightly

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When things were good, they were really good! The people are (mostly) great and several technologies at hand.

Cons

Things have changed drastically, which is expected over time, but S24 was heavy on maintaining the work/life balance and neighborly atmosphere. Those things have both depleted. Not to mention the salaries are comprised of numbers randomly thrown about, 2 people in the same role may make 2 very different salaries. Management has become questionable and the loyalty has been thrown out the window.

Remember the principles that S-24 was built upon and try not to let that slip away any further than it already has.

Over all good company to work for

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great start up company. Which gives you an opportunity to grow technically with in short time. As long as the management is happy with your performance and if you show the desire to learn, you can grow to be a senior member of the team. good place with work and life balance.

Cons

Too much of responsibilities for very less salary

They need to start paying the employees based on market value

Family-oriented

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

work as a team to resolved customer issues

Cons

salary is not great and be prepared to work your hard.

A Promising Company On The Decline

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

1. Ability to work on a variety of technology types.
    2. Insurance, but that's sure to fall away.

Cons

1. Massive layofffs recently due to the inevitable mismanagement of a capital company that seeks profit rather than managing what the owners (Volker and Mattias) worked so hard to build.
    2. The owners have abandoned the company and the dream is gone.
    3. Corporate culture has 100% replaced the unique culture that Matthias and Volker worked hard to achieve. We are all just numbers now.
    4. Business prospects are dwindling as the Sales Team uses greed and ego to go after large badge customers that are harder to implement and support than what build the company (quality ITO and application hosting).

Find a way to get Matthias and Volker back and get rid of the capital company or you're going to see a mass exodus of talent and a declining customer base.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure, every day.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rapid growth company that allows me to improve my technical ability and learn at a pace I could not learn at my previous company. I get to work on a wide number of technologies and clients. Also, work with some of the most down to earth and fun people ever. This is nothing like a typical corporate environment. Very open and approachable managers and executives. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Shifting priorities and lack of accountability on a few fronts (although that is improving). Long hours at times.

Sometimes we should say no to some clients. Keep up the communication and great benefits.

Don't believe the hype

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good co workers, usually.
    100% benefits but I am sure that is the next to go.

Cons

After reading the latest “positive” reviews I felt the need to add mine. Don’t the most recent positive reviews sound like they were written by the same person? Most likely someone on the inside trying to keep people from getting scared away.

The blame game is rampant here. The lowest guy on the totem pole is always at fault with no regard to possibly upper management is the issue. (not including the original founders who are now board members) Of course not, pretty fishy that out of the 50+ layoffs the past month none of the upper management that hangs out together on the weekends was touched. The workerbees had to suffer while the people that caused this mess still prosper and puff up their chests as so called “leaders”.

All the previous negative reviews are true; the positives are the one to question. Worst decision of my life to come here I hope to get out soon as do others.

none - good luck to you