SecureState Reviews

4.0
Ken Stasiak

1. Great Company to Advance Your Career Quickly

I have been working at SecureState full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a top ranked management consulting firm specializing in information security. To be the best they only hire and keep top performers. This is the primary reason I continue to work at SecureState. The employees on staff are the best in the industry. I don't agree with most of the negative reviews and assume they are from disgruntled under performers. We work with well known clients large and small. Work life balance is great. Like myself, consultants average 44 hours per week even when travelling. Travel is lower than the other consulting firms I have worked for. Promotions and raises have come quickly, sometimes twice in a year if performing well. Monthly employee events, dogs at work, a bar, game room, snacks, popcorn machine, icee machine, etc is icing on the cake.

Cons

Working with the best in the industry is challenging and fast paced. It's not meant for everyone. If you just want a job it is not a good environment. SecureState wants employees who are continuously improving their skills and advancing their careers.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on growing the company like you have consistently done over the past 10 years. Continue the focus on exceeding customer expectations and keeping the 98% customer satisfaction rating. Keep listening to the employees and improving the company.

2. Workings towards great things

I have been working at SecureState full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As previously mentioned, this company has gone through quite a few growing pains over the years. However, they have come out stronger and better than ever in the last couple of years. Things are fast paced and change a lot, which is why some top talent has left and we have the multiple mentions of high turnover. But, the people that stick around are the right fit for the company and you can tell by how much the mood has shifted over the last few years. People seem truly happy and helpful these days. While they ask a lot, there's also a fun and family-like office culture that balances everything out.

Cons

Extremely fast paced with a lot of change. You always have to be thinking two steps ahead. The CEO isn't comfortable with complacency so it isn't the sort of place where you can sit back and take it easy. The job takes a lot of time and effort if you want to get ahead.

Advice to Management

After a couple of tough years with lots of change, we finally seem to be in our sweet spot. Keep things going the way they have been and we'll accomplish great(er) things.

3. SecureState

I have been working at SecureState

Pros

Fun atmosphere in office. Nice co-workers, everyone tries to be helpful.

Cons

Long hours, lousy pay, extremely high turnover.

5. A ton of experience in a short amount of time

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at SecureState

Pros

Great Benefits Pet Friendly Bar in the Back Training Opportunities Fast paced

Cons

High turnover Pay frequency Parking Company is still young so there are growing pains

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to be the best. Don't lose that fire.

6. Unprofessional, Lots of work and no recognition

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bedford, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bedford, OH

I worked at SecureState full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Security Industry Bar in back, social environment for after hours Had some very talented security professionals Great facilities Was great at one time, hate to see this.

Cons

Many of top staff have left, had such talented people at one time. Unprofessional behavior with CEO, lots of negative feed back. Cannot remember positive feed back. Many employees working long hours for "what took you so long". More of a frat Vs. an office environment. Poor IT environment, for a security was surprising how little they let us spend on infrastructure. Ethic's not the highest with client issues, bill as much as you can as often as you can.

Advice to Management

Employees are you only real asset in a Consulting Company. Hope they do well there are still some good people there, but less every day.

7. Interesting company

Current Employee - Staff Consultant
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant

I have been working at SecureState

Pros

You get the opportunity to work with smart people as well as learn a lot on a short period of time.

Cons

There is a popularity contest. If you're not part of the in crowd you won't last long.

Advice to Management

There is no advice I can give

8. Great opportunity to advance your career

Current Employee - Advisory Services Consultant in Bedford, OH
    Current Employee - Advisory Services Consultant in Bedford, OH

I have been working at SecureState full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The perks and opportunities this company offers are insane. If you are willing to grow and better yourself they will have your back through and through.

Cons

Work hard play hard environment, if you can't have fun while you work or your friends call you a "square" then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job. I have never been more excited to come to work and to grow as a person and a perfessional.

9. This is an amazing company to work for.

I worked at SecureState

Pros

It’s hard to believe that it’s been roughly 4 ½ years since I started at SecureState. It’s amazing to think how this place has changed over the years. Coming from a big employer with no prior consulting experience was quite an adjustment for me to the fast paced, exciting work environment we have at SecureState. It’s been an awesome ride ever since day one. I’ve heard current and former employees say that they will never learn as much nor have as much fun at a job then they did at SecureState. They were right! SecureState has been an amazing experience in which I’ve grown personally and professionally. I’ve had the privilege to work with super talented co-workers who are clearly the best in the industry. I’ve been extremely proud of the Profiling team to see how they’ve grown over the years and what they’ve accomplished as a team together. This team will continue to be ninjas and masters of their trade. I’m honored to have had the privilege of working with everyone here.

Cons

Continue to work and develop the company and its people. You are on the right track and are poised for ongoing growth.

Advice to Management

On a personal note, Ken and Sue have been supportive of everything I’ve ever wanted to accomplish in my career and if it wasn’t for this support I wouldn’t be taking this next step in my career. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me over the years. I’m proud of the amazing growth that SecureState has achieved and I look forward to seeing SecureState continue to grow in 2015 and beyond.

10. A strong company that will help you grow your career

Current Employee - Consulting in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Consulting in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SecureState full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most talented professionals in the industry work here. Fun work environment. Lots of challenging projects to work on. Many opportunities to grow and learn. Good benefits and pay. Company is growing leaps and bounds.

Cons

If you don't do well and can't work well in a fast paced, high performance team environment this might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the amazing training and learning opportunities going!

11. SecureState: A Tremendous Opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Director in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SecureState full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SecureState represents a great sales opportunity for those who are willing to work hard and are driven to learn and success. As an employee of SecureState for 3 + years, I can honestly say that in order to work for the best company in the industry, you need to be the best at what you do. It is tough but very rewarding. SecureState is management consulting company specializing in security and recognized as the best in the industry for security. SecureState is a work hard/play hard environment with a team mentality.

Cons

New employees need to put a great deal of time in for the first year or two. But this is truly an investment in yourself. Not for everyone which may be considered a con. One may think that getting into the best company in a high growth industry may allow for a high income coupled with less effort. This is couldn't be further from the truth. It is definitely not an order taking organization and really never will be. One possible con: I'd like to be able to work out of my house but understand the importance of being in the office. It would be very difficult to learn all that you need to know and be successful unless you spend time in the office.

RSS Feed </> Embed