Securiguard Services (Canada)

2.1

Darcy R. Kernaghan
1 Rating

Second job in Canada

Former Employee - Security Officer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Securiguard Services (Canada) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fix Duty, better pay in industry,benefits

Cons

Hard duty. No job satisfaction. No creativity.routine job

make it flexible to perform duty , make it bit easy to do,

Working in a pit of Hyenas has never been so difficult

Current Employee - Recruiter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Securiguard Services (Canada) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours (it's always flexible when they make you work 24/7), optional uniforms for management, open 24/7

Cons

Over 80% turnover in the company annually- and that includes management and the CFO's position; lack of boundaries; treat female employees like slabs of meat; treat male employees like work horses; constantly violating employment standards act; force you to work long hours with no compensation; throw you under the bus every chance they get; resist change and help when someone offers; management drinks at work; they threaten to fire you if you don't threaten to fire someone else; no encouragement; no business ethic; no dignity; high theft; and are ultimately an inbred pack of hyenas.

Wish the CEO would invest in employees and realize that all HR does is recruit, no conflict resolution, no mediation, no discipline, everything administered is biased and discriminatory.

Appalling and Shocking.

Former Employee - Statoil Guard in Leismer, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Statoil Guard in Leismer, AB (Canada)

I worked at Securiguard Services (Canada) full-time

Pros

If you have a desire or want to feel to be treated like a bonded slave,this is the place to work. They lack total apathy to the reality on field level. Integrity of intent is very doubtful.

Cons

Big philosophical talk on values, mission and motto and in reality a total farce on ground level. The field supervisor are sneaky, uneducated, no sense of Man-Age-Ment. They are insecure and lack basic skills of supervisor a dn why not as their superiors lead by example.

If you take field audit on the promise of no retaliation,then hang on to your word as this is the business of INTEGRITY, which you lack at supervisor level and in your glass office in Edmonton.

company sucks

Former Employee - Guard in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Guard in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Securiguard Services (Canada) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

worked for them for short time all talk and no action from mgt

Cons

field supervisors are not trustworthy they lie to senior mgt to save their own behind jr mgt could not run a lemonaide stand

choose a new career like berry picking hope you know how to use a ladder

Pro but unfriendly

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Cover in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Cover in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Securiguard Services (Canada) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good for biginers but not a career option

Cons

no future growth, over expecting and least returning Mgt.

securiguard management

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

Great field support team and they train their staff well. Well they trained me well anyway . You get medical and dental benefits after 6 months.

Cons

Supervisors and Site Leads have no support from management and they treat their staff like slave labor. They do not fix problems even when you have evidence to the fact. They bend over when ever the clients ask them to do something out of scope of security work. They want you the client to pay them for doing nothing as they will not take responsibility for anything and just want the money. Also their employees do not speak proper english half the time. The Bank guards are the dumbest ever and are not trained well. Don't allow yourself to fall for their BS. If you get employed with this company or are a client I beg you to head my words carefully. They are useless........! Also when brining clear safety issues forward to them they don't listen.When you enforce WCB regulations and refuse to do unsafe work they target you and TRY to terminate your employment. When they try to terminate your employment and cite labor laws ( Yes I do know them vary well) because they threaten you they try to have you fired . Yes I am fearless when it comes to them because I won't be walked on and treated like slave labor .

Grow some balls... Account managers need to act in everyones best interests not just their own. Darcy the CEO and his right hand man needs to retire or let someone else run their company . A security company should be seen as a security company not cheep contract work that pays minimum wage .The amount of work should equal the amount of pay. I can not in good faith recommend this company to work for or for other clients.

Dreary

Current Employee - Security Guard
    Current Employee - Security Guard

I have been working at Securiguard Services (Canada)

Pros

Cover costs for training like OFA 2, pay a small training wage while you're in class. If you fail they will try again.
    Haven't had a problem getting time off when I ask for it, sometimes given less then a week's notice.

Cons

6 years with the company and someone else doing the same job makes $2.50/h more because he was at a particular site when they needed a higher level of first aid. No raises of any kind.
    Management is non-existent, I haven't spoken or heard from anyone other than immediate coworkers in months.
    Scheduling is all 'buddy-buddy' when they call asking to fill a shift, but all you are is a warm body to fill a chair.

Throwing a Christmas party with a magician and bring your own food does not make anyone feel that you care. Not asking for a lot, but I'd rather a gradual raise even if it's a quarter/year than any BBQ or dinner that you try to put on.
    I feel that as long as there's no complaints from the site, you just might forget I'm even here.

Upper management were nice, never really any problems.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Securiguard Services (Canada)

Pros

Most of the time you are working alone.

Cons

They were having problems retaining employees, mostly due to the job boom.

Securiguard. A decent temp job.

Former Employee - Site Director in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Site Director in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Securiguard Services (Canada)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is quite good.

Cons

Very poor organization on part of top management. A lot asked from head office staff with no little corresponding increase in salary.

Use as stepping stone and nothing else