Securitas

www.securitasgroup.com

Securitas Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Securitas – Toronto – “Toronto/North York Head Office”

Securitas President, CEO, and Director Alf Göransson

Alf Göransson

Pros
  • Securitas will take care of your educational needs, in regard to security work(in 15 reviews)

• Post of job, people I worked with, experience, big company so it is possible to keep your job if you had to move(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No semblance of respect for base security guards and no room for advancement with the company(in 6 reviews)

• They would much rather give them to someone who already works full time(in 5 reviews)

I enjoyed working with Securitas while finishing up my Bachelor's Degree.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Findlay, OH

ProsThey were able to work around my college schedule.

ConsI truly did not have any negative experiences with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management and branch managers are top notch. Keep up the great work.

Over all good, hard to move up.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRegular hours, you know what to expect every week when you're a full time employee. There's also overtime options sometimes available at other sites. They supply the uniforms, if you need to exchange them it's a pretty easy process. Your co workers are pretty reliable and helpful when it comes to knowledge. The company provided the training for my security Guard Card, was very handy. They offered the class on site through their own company.

ConsIt's incredibly hard to move up in the company, you get stuck with the same job for a long time. It's also rare to get a raise while working there. The starting pay is okay but certainly could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on making it easier to move up in the company, also be more available with help to the employees. I rarely saw my supervisor.

Loose, Unfair, Inconsistent (the antonym of another security job)

Security Officer (Former Employee) Lafayette, IN

ProsGenerally easy work if you need it.

ConsLow pay, hours, other employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally, management above the supervisory level is uninvolved to the point of laziness. My site supervisor works his behind, in many cases without pay, for no recognition. And it's downhill from there. For the money, it only places in the category of "Work there if you have nothing else".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good at first but went bad

Security Officer (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros$11 a hour is Artie but could be better

ConsIt's not challenging it's just aggravating when they have no where to put you and you are at home waiting for them to call and then when you can't go everywhere they want you to go they fire you and don't even call to let you know that you are fired.

Securitas Pros and Cons

Security Officer (Former Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

ProsSecuritas will take care of your educational needs, in regard to security work. They offered me free CPR, Baton, Pepper Spray and Hand Cuffing certs. They also offered a free guard card cert and renewal. Their pay rates are about average to above average for security work. There is upward mobility options, for example you can make your way up to handling contracts if you stick with them.

ConsAt a low level you may often find that your better at your job than your supervisors. Also some of the positions are not worth the risk. I worked in the hospital setting and was paid $14 per hour to carry a baton and deal with high risk patients and visitors. This meant that if someone walked in with a weapon it was my job to handle the situation. This meant on a daily bases I was risking my health and also possible lawsuits from people I encountered at work. This is not worth $14 and hour. There should have been a minimum of $25 per hour or more.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider risk pay and also legal fee assistance for the employees you put at risk. As a former happy employee it would be good to know that as long as I am not at fault you will offer legal assistance or at least advice. Also as mentioned offer people who work in high incident areas a hazard pay of $5 added to their existing wage. I believe this will keep your high turnover rates lower, as I saw your company at many locations with a gross display of employee loss and turnover (what a waste of money).

easy money if you need it

Security Officer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Prosit pays well for low end job and its very easy.

Consno time off and its hard to get a sick day.

Account Manager at Securitas Hawaii

Account Manager (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsAlways hiring, on bus route, new location in nice office building, nobody really pays attention to you so you basically do whatever you want all day, sometimes you can stay on the computer all day but you're really not working.

ConsManagement is completely terrible, they cant train any employee correctly, management acts as if were police officers and they act as if they have high power over the public. No long term retirement plans, raise every two years about only 50 cents.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some training for yourself before trying to train others

Security Receptionist

Security Receptionist (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIf u want some experience in security

ConsLow pay, no chance for advancement, no benefits, no raises good job for someone with no huge responsibilities

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed job benefits and better pay and stop with all the excuses especially the branch managers

Supervisor

ProsHave a set schedule if your full time

ConsPay, no health benefits, and in most cases no perks like PTO, sick days, or holidays. Need a union

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees better and hire better quality workers

US Postal Inspection Service contract involving Securitas.

911 Operator (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe pay is good, and because there are no benefits an additional minimum amount is added.

ConsUSPIS should revoke Securitas' contract. There are few promotions, but when there is it is based on who is friends with who, not on a knowledge of the job basis. Management will change your work schedule on a whim. They may give little to any notice of working overtime and your total schedule will change ie your working first shift now but you will start working night shift tonight. There is a lot of back stabbing, lying and power plays just because of insecurities of staff. There is also a lot of everyday ignorance. Everyone wants to be chief. There have been so many grievances filed against this company, including management and no cares to do anything. I could never, ever recommend working for this company. I would go on welfare before I ever considered working for this place again. Fair warning!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a total house cleaning including management and start over from the ground up.

Worked for Securitas? Contribute to the Community!