Securitas Security Services USA

Updated September 25, 2014
2.6

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • Its usually a pretty easy job and pays okay for essentially doing nothing (in 16 reviews)

• This is an absolutely Great Company that you should want to work for (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits little room for advancement (in 11 reviews)

• The upper management for Securitas pay no attention to their people when issues arise (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I am a new to this company but I like it so far!

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

My Scheduling Manager is always offering me more hours. The sites that I have worked at pay is very decent! My co workers are friendly and pretty easy to get alone with. I like the fact that I was trained by a very Professional person! I am a flex officer so I am getting a lot of hours!!!!!!!

Cons

Last minute Schedules but other than that the company is GREAT!

I like everything so far. You basically get what you give.

Good

Current Employee - Director of Security  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Security in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of different sites to work at.
    Different jobs at a lot of Places.
    And jobs all over the world.

Cons

Trying to move up.
    I have been trying to move up and do different jobs, something more of a challenge.

Look within to hire upper management

It's a okay place to work its a job

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

Great room for advancement high turnover

Cons

No social life or weekends off

Care more about your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Securitas does not support veterans.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The company is a joke. I have nothing good to say. I wish I did.

Cons

They will take whatever route saves them money. Supporting Combat Veterans is not on the company’s things to do list. The company is crap, has no standards, and overall it is a joke.
     I would be embarrassed to say I work for Securitas.

Take a step back and look at the people you have running the company.
    Hire people who are of good quality not who will save the company money.

Great place to start security

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Lots of hours and opportunity for OT every week. You get what you put into this job. Work to your best ability and you will be noticed.

Cons

Just like everyone else in the world, I wish the pay rate was a little higher. That would be the only complaint.

Keep up the great work. You've been performing very well and handling the changes quite smoothly.

It was a good experience but it has a lots of faults

Former Employee - CTA Security Officer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - CTA Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the public. It is a wonderful experience. I would do it again with a different company.

Cons

Poor management the personnel is Terrible. Their treat you worst. I see worst but this is the worst company I ever work for in awhile.

Always value your employees that's when loyalty sets in. You be good to your employees and their will be good to you.

Drama Filled and Disappointing

Former Employee - Security Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Security Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Securitas is the biggest security company in the world. At least it was when I first did my orientation back in 2005 when we were told that Securitas makes up 20%of the security workforce in the world. Securitas is a juggernaut of security and have been eating up smaller companies almost like a black hole, so that 20% may be even more now.

The pro to size of the company is flexibility in where you are stationed. There are plenty of opportunities available with Securitas in big and small cities alike all around the country and world. This also means that if you get bored at one site, you could always request another and there are almost always decent options available. However, once you do get to a site you tend to stay put, but it is not impossible to relocate.

Along with that flexibility in where you would like to be stationed, there is also a wide variety of posts to choose from. I did a good bit of corporate security with Fortune 500 companies while I was a security officer, supervisor, manager and I knew people who had worked in the K-9 units or doing quick reactionary force-type security (in which you are armed with a handgun and/or rifle) guarding nuclear power plants.

Cons

Although there is a great bit of flexibility and a wide variety of options, many members of management I worked for in both the Chicago (then Avondale) and Downers Grove locations were spiteful and elitists. I once saw a guy screamed at in front of everyone because he was wearing body armor (bulletproof vest) because he was an armed officer and company policy does not allow body armor. I am all for disciplining someone, but it should not be done in front of an audience.

Also, the pay is often a joke. There is high turnover rate because of the low pay which creates the appearance of a revolving door.

Finally, the management that I worked with typically do not stand up for their employees. There was an employee that had a speech impediment and the client was essentially making fun of him for this speech impediment and Securitas management did nothing. Actually, he took the client to a baseball game and completely forgot about the employee being made fun of.

Lose the cliques, increase your pay to your employees, do not chide employees in front of other employees simply to flex management muscle, and stick up for your employees when the client is simply being a bully.

Fairly decent experience overall

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

Pros

As a security officer, I have found the compensation to be above average in comparison to other security companies. There are always exciting sites, with a lot of responsibilities. These make you and your work feel relevant.

Cons

I have found a majority of the branch managers to be untrustworthy in commitments and concern for officers. It seems that they are being pressured to constantly save money at all cost, which often leaves security officers with the "bad end of the stick". This causes them to do what some would consider to be underhanded schemes.

Care more and make better deals for your workers.

Waste of time working for this company.

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Only job available at the time. I started working part time and then switched full time, and I virtually begged for advancement even though I had a college degree but nobody in the company cared to help me out.

Cons

Nobody cares about you in this company. You can talk to different managers but nobody takes responsibility they push it to the next person. I never experienced so many diffident managers not caring whatever you say.

Care about your employers more. One time I talked about advancement in the compnay and nobody listened. When I called the manager several times because nobody ever got back to me he threatened to fire me. Are you kidding me?

Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Great opportunity if you are looking to learn a great deal about your industry because whether you work in Payroll, AP or Hr, the company offers you the opportunity to learn because you are not properly trained so you learn from your mistakes.

Cons

There are too many to name. The management is not great and you only get promoted if you smooze with the right people. The management plots on employees and it because a high school atmosphere with constant backstabing. Often management has less experience in the industry than you do but they are constantly praised for their barely passing performance. I would recommend if it is your very last option of employment.

Clear house because majority of the problems start with the management. Make policy general and not varied based on location. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Securitas Security Services USA Photos

Client Site

+ Add Photo

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!