Securitas Security Services USA
www.securitas.com Parsippany, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Securitas Security Services USA Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014
Securitas Security Services USA – US – “Client Site”

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz

Santiago Galaz

Pros:
  • "Work Hours are good and there is plenty of overtime if needed"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good opportunity for entry-level/recent grads looking for part time or full time work"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Grossly unreasonable workload expectations from upper management"
    in 11 reviews
  • "you don't get pay raises, not much opportunity for advancement"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good management, low pay.

Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsManagement seem sincerely concerned about employees and try to keep morale high. Paid overtime, and overtime on some holidays. Room to advance, but that really depends on where you work.

ConsExpensive insurance for dependants... too expensive to afford but cheap if you are single. No raises unless leveling up which depends on the client company and contract. No Raises. My pay was cut when the company took over my current location.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary. Improve benefits.

Dissatisfied

Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA part-time for more than a year

ProsThey do their best to work to get a schedule that fits you.

ConsUnskilled managers and branch personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers and back them up on whatever happens.

On a local ran level, very un professional, un organized, and focused on the sales department as in getting new accounts

Naples, FL

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is 10.00 to 11 per hour or better at nearly every account which is above most security companies. Flexible scheduling available.

ConsManagement, lack of leadership, and unwilling to improve the working environments.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer incentive programs to all departments, get organized, treat officers as valuable assets rather than an itch to scratch when needed.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not recommended if you have a young family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

ProsMoved up quickly, they certainly take notice of good work. Progressive and positive discipline for the most part. Cognizant of work laws.

ConsPay rates are laughable for anyone under a branch manager level. They expect you to be available and dedicated 24/7 which is hard when you have a family. They don't train properly, you get thrown in. Regularly increasing work load with no pay increase. You are expected to go in during major snow storms/inclement weather. Security is a tough field, make sure you understand what is expected of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour staff needs more help. More workers! Employees cannot be expendable at the snap of the client's fingers. This is their livelihood. A different attitude with clients might lead to a stronger relationship. Let them see you treat your officers with respect!

Securitas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

ProsJob Security. If you want to work there will always be work for you. Never any pay discrepancies.

ConsPay, no room for advancement. People are constantly leaving and coming. Securitas is a revolving door. Not a career. They really don't care about you as a person.

Its boring

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

ProsVery good, fun, time pass, good for students

Consboring, not much improvement, no going ahead

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

very good

Lead Security Officer (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

Prosflexibility scheduling professional helpful integrity

Consno recognition for job over and above

Long hours and difficult schedule, but decent pay.

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

ProsGood company, benefits, pay and equipment.

ConsYou will work very long hours (12's) and usually 3 days on and 3 days off. responsibility of carrying a firearm, annual tests, drills and qualifications

Just a job to pay the bills

Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee)
Huntsville, AL

ProsGood Wage , Good Hours, Good People

ConsLONG hours, schedule not always flexible, client policies always changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways treat your employees with respect.

Disorganized, dispassionate to the core employees

Security Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for less than a year

ProsThis position is best suited for those with minimal health issues or physical disability. Retirees are very likely to enjoy this type of employment due to lack of physical and mental challenges.

ConsNot challenging. Very hard to advance. Pay scale is hardly worth going to work for this company unless you have a two income household or you have extra income from retirement. Most accounts pay $8.50/hr. Even the flex officers get $10.00/hr even if the account happens to pay $11.00/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is paid on average $36.00/hr. for each of the officers in their employ per site. The officer I work with has more than 7 years at the same account and has never had a raise. All the income you have made from his loyalty has never been acknowledged except with some bling like; cooler bag, name tag, etc. This is an abomination and humiliating. Of course, he has his retirement and social security coming in so a monetary gain isn't as important to him as it is for some of the rest of us. Certainly something should be done. But district managers are rewarded for NOT going to the company and gaining anything for us-the core of the company.

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Securitas Security Services USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Securitas Security Services USA CEO Santiago Galaz. All 395 reviews posted anonymously by Securitas Security Services USA employees.