Securitas Security Services USA

Updated July 26, 2014

2.6

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • This is an absolutely Great Company that you should want to work for (in 8 reviews)

• Decent pay, placement at sites close to where you live (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement (in 10 reviews)

• Grossly unreasonable workload expectations from upper management (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's great if you just want to pay the bills dont start a career here.

Former Employee - Securitas Security Officer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Securitas Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are alot of opportunities depending on what state your'e in.

Cons

They try to take advantage of you sometimes when it comes to pay rates and little details. You have to stand up for yourself or they will run over you.

The pay is very low.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are shifts available 24 hours.

Cons

The pay is not enough for the work they expect you to do.

Compensate employees better.

My experience with the company has been disappointing.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Bronx, NY

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working with this company is working with your fellow workers. When you work with other people it's like you become a family.

Cons

Some challenges with working with this company are having to get steady work. Having to always look over your shoulder to try and keep your job within the office.

You should look out and protect your employees rather than just the clients. At least pretend like you care about your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easiest Job I've had yet

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's easy money, for easy work.

Cons

Some site have very crappy hours, or crappy supervisors

Stop hiring dicks as supervisors.

Easy job, poor pay

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time to study and do your own things

Cons

Narrow-minded leadership team with no vision

Promote people based on their ability to perform the job well and not their ability to brown nose.

Low Paying Dead End Job .

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You should only work here if you are studying for school and still need to work with out any
    distractions.

Cons

Anything you do on this job can not help you get another job anywhere. Your Manager will move you from site to site for no reason and always favors "specific" workers. If you are not
    part of the "inner-circle" you will just be push out of a $10 Hr job eventually.

Managers need to get real training and with out it they will just destroy this company because of constant turn-over due to nepotism .

Staff equals little value

Former Employee - Security Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

Structured and organized. Can not come up with other more words to described anything positive. Good training.

Cons

Security staff is expendable. Management has no sympathy with regard to staff past excellent performance.

None

Great experience and life changing responsibility

Former Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Steady schedule, steady pay, and good accounting as w-2 never had problem

Cons

No real opportunity to grow within, increase in pay roll take years, terrible benefit health insurance.

Listen more to loyal and respectful employees instead of just supervisor or management, give account management evaluation as managers do more work than the account manager and continue hiring in an equal non discrimination great giving opportunity to everyone.

My time at securitas has taught me a lot on how to deal with different people.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Weehawken, NJ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

They help you find the exact job you are looking for.

Cons

It's hard to get in contact with someone when needed.

Know how to attend to the people who work for you and try and be more understanding.

Clients Were Great But Securitas Security USA Management Needs Improvement

Former Employee - Flex Officer  in  Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Flex Officer in Edison, NJ

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part about working for this company is that you are able to interact with a variety of individuals from clients, employees, contractors and visitors. You learn something new everyday while working with others and their client sites.

The money I made as a Flex Security Officer was 30K plus, and this was due to working hard, some overnights and overtime

Depending on your location and branch. You are trained for your S.O.R.A. license in New Jersey, CPR, AED, First Aid, SAFETY ACT (Homeland Security) and more

Cons

My pharmaceutical field manager did not use the correct communication methods as a manager was suppose to; he would text you asking if you were available to work at a certain site (a field manager should know their employees schedule and should always call) and switch last minute sites on you to go to and then he would not confirm the switch with the clients. I started to contact the sites to make them aware of my availability and if I was switched to another site that day.

This Pharmaceutical branch and field manager would send or try to demand their flex security officers to travel to locations that were over 50 minutes and or an hour plus, when they had other officers that were closer to that site.

My pay checks were incorrect several times by the field manager, because he forget to add other sites that paid different on there than my regular flex pay and or did not know I was scheduled that day or miscalculated the hours and etc.

Please hire field managers and workers in general that will communicate professionally with their employees and clients; not by text and ignoring worker's calls when requesting their next schedule (field manager would not call you back, you would have to make several attempts by calling the office, cell phone or walking in).

Also, for the other workers or flex officers that were getting paid less money how about we start evaluating them and increasing their pay. Also, sales representatives stop trying to just receive the contracts from companies so you can receive a commission or whatever and think about the officers that are working at these sites and the type of work that would be expected and the travel distance. So make sure the money for the others are at least reasonable $14 and up (ex. you pay officers 10, 11 or 12 dollars per hour you receive that type of work).

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!