Securitas Security Services USA

Reset
2.8
Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • easy job depending on the managers or site (in 17 reviews)

• Decent company to work for, room for advancement (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Little room for advancement unless you already have an education (in 12 reviews)

• The upper management for Securitas pay no attention to their people when issues arise (in 16 reviews)

1. unarmed professional security officer

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are steady, reliable, offer free online training to upgrade your title and the pay is never late. Have nice uniforms and they stand behind you if you are 'right' in any incident.

Cons

Almost ten years and I still make a very low wage but I attribute that to my location of empliymwnt.
    Moving across the country to the city in hopes of -making a living.

Advice to Management

Expect more out of your regular security officers. Too many look out the window and wait on payday with no degree of enthusiasm to produce and/or excel in thier position.

2. College Job

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Flexible, Easy, Comparable pay for the area, Management professional and open

Cons

Client working for had supervisor over the account that was difficult to work with. Nothing to do with Securitas as a company.

3. My experience has been very good so far with securitas.

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The work environment is one of the best I've worked in so far. Also there is always work at another site. So if you want to make some extra money the opportunities are there. The company has good benefits including a 401k plan and you get vacation pay every year on your anniversary date.

Cons

The only challenges so far for myself are learning procedures and how to control different situations. Also Making sure you have good knowledge of the contents in your handbook.

5. You get out what you put in

Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They have good benefits, pay and on going training for their employees. The hours were there all I had to do was ask and sometimes not even.

Cons

Make sure you read to employment agreement. Make sure to read all paperwork you sign.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. Security Officer

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are have alot of training.

Cons

Transfering to a different state wasnt as easy as they say it is.

7. Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy to be hired, not overly demanding

Cons

not a 40 hour week at some locations, not much room for advancement, lack of benefits.

8. Supervisor

Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Good pay
    Easy advancement
    Hard work does pay off

Cons

little time off
    high employee turn over ratio

9. Former employee review of Securitas

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Securitas was the third security company I had joined after getting out of the military. Out of the three this was the best company as far as pay, hours, and overall experience. Benefits were costly and I didn't buy into it. The hours and shifts were up to the client and it worked out great as they needed it. I started at $13.00 an hr and worked my way up to $24.00.
    3.) They sent me a birthday card every yr and everyone in the branch signed it, its a thoughtful thing I liked.

Cons

1.) First and foremost they hire anyone that can walk , write and speak english. This is complicated as there are some bad apples.
    2.) Securitas didn't stay in contact with me at all. I was hired as an employee working directly in a clients business with their management in my leadership instead, working there for 2 years. When I signed up for some extra duties to make extra money I had to take basic driver training. The Westborough branch didn't even know I was an employee/supervisor and they are the ones that hired me.
    3.) Like all security firms, clients take the lowest bidder in most cases. Securitas lost one of their biggest contracts in the area to a staffing agency, which took me in based on my experience. So Securitas sent a layoff letter stating that the other bidder was taking the contract and they would assign the current employees to a new client but not GUARANTEED. So the other company took me instead and that worked out better than I thought.
    4.) As I look at Securitas now on job posting they are one of the lowest paid ones. Maybe you will get a chance to experience what I had and move up.However I looked to be hired again through them a couple yrs later and they said they promoted within and I would have to start back around $11.00.I left the interview for another job and it worked out. With the pros and cons I still recommend this job to get your foot in the door.

Advice to Management

Better pay for ex military and non military that have the security experience.
    It brings up the morale and employees will perform better at their duties. But you already knew that. You are a big reputable company and need to care more for the ones that work for you. You all need to clarify the vacation/bonus pay, we all know about the class action lawsuit going on as we were all sent letters on it.

10. Looking to just start in security, then this will be your best bet especially if you don't have a high school diploma.

Former Employee - Third Shift Security Guard in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Third Shift Security Guard in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent hours and overall decent coworkers. Some of the sites were fun. I worked at a welcome center and I had Internet access and a lot of stuff to keep me busy.

Cons

Sometimes worked a month straight, people at the office were rude, and they didn't protect their employees.

Advice to Management

Learn about the sites... not just who you are working for or guarding, but actually do the work.

11. Good company but the branch needs work!

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

Good pay, mostly accurate, paid every week (Thursday), relaxed work environment.

Cons

Slow hiring process, they don't answer branch office phones and does not respond to emails quickly. BAD benefits. (White Plains)

Advice to Management

Hire more people to staff your branch office and increase pay.

RSS Feed </> Embed