Securitas Security Services USA

Updated September 15, 2014
2.5

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • This is an absolutely Great Company that you should want to work for (in 8 reviews)

• Decent pay, placement at sites close to where you live (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement (in 10 reviews)

• Grossly unreasonable workload expectations from upper management (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Observe and restrain mental patients in hospitals.

Former Employee - Hospital Security Officer  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Hospital Security Officer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Limited travel to job site. Good working staff.

Cons

Working in hospitals with mental patients is extremely challenging.

Please equip hospital posted employees with more knowledge on how to handle patients.

A job for a student.

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

I like working here because for one i worked at a site that didnt have a supervisor watching over me, two the hours were the same everyday, three just ask about picking up extra hours. Overall i enjoy working for them.

Cons

On your feet the entire shift
    No benefits
    Underpaid at this site
    I was replaced at a previous site by someone who didnt show up for work/was often running late
    They play favoritism

Letting your employees run the site and allowing them to bend the rules isnt fair to the ones who do their job. Also, they need to learn how to talk to employees on a professional level, yelling in their face doesnt count.

Lottery

Current Employee - Security/Safety Response Officer  in  Orange, TX
    Current Employee - Security/Safety Response Officer in Orange, TX

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a great boss on my site. He's very understanding and willing to work with anyone if they need a schedule change. The job is challenging and rewarding on a personal level.

Cons

The site I currently work at is ---- horrible. The list of why -- is too long. Maybe after seven years, I've had enough. The upper management for Securitas pay no attention to their people when issues arise. They only want to take care of things when it hits them in the face. You ask for a meeting -- you'll never get it but if THEY need to meet with you, they'll be there in a flash.

Care about your people -- not just your client.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed review, site specific

Current Employee - Site Supervisor  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in McLean, VA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Current site allows flexible hours, other officers make an effort to work with you when you need to trade shifts.

Cons

We had our pay cut 10% and then frozen at our site 4 years ago, and have not yet received an increase, although account management keeps hinting that there will be one 'soon', but won't commit to a date. Many of the best officers have left an about half are now within their first year on site.

Transparent and honest communication wold create higher morale and help put a stop to various rumors that ultimately become destructive to the site amangement and Securitas in general.

Pretty good company for the start of your career, offers good training

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good schedules make it easy to have a life outside of work. I have always had a good relationship with my managers and with the office staff. The company offers really great training.

Cons

It can be hard to get a promotion, it seems like there is always a lot of competition. I wish there were more opportunities for raises.

Internarional 3rd-Party Security Company

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

Pros

Free online security training, free uniforms, and the anility to transfer to other client sites in your area or other offices throughout the nation.

Cons

No internal career opportunities, no benefits, poor pay, and clients may ask for you to be removed from their site for any reason, or none at all.

Console Operator

Current Employee - Console Operator  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Console Operator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money was fantastic.

Cons

They think they own you.

Get better site supervision.

Securitas is a good Company to work for however they listen to their clients to much.

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The pay was good met some good people.

Cons

They take their clients side over their officers and were the ones making them look good.

Learn to give people a fair chance don't just fire them so quickly or let employees good ones walk away so easily.

Very disorganized. Take it if you need to keep the lights on.

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

From what I've seen there is a high level of incompetence so advancing within the company shouldn't be very hard if you keep your motivations to yourself. They provide the uniform and the sites i have been offered are low supervision, good for lone operator personalities.

Cons

They do not and will not pay you a living wage at entry level. They make it very clear that you are a subcontractor and as such there are no raises. You are paid based on your job site, the vast majority of which pay between 9 and 11 dollars. Do not expect bank hours. In fact, if you have been told you are going to a day shift position, be skeptical. It's common to see bait and switch. Happened to me.

Without a great deal of experience within the company i can't give managerial advice. I can say that this is a predatory business model and i would not be part of a company with this ethical standard at a supervisory level, but i understand that not everyone is adverse to preying on others for profit.

OK...

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

For a fist security job starting at 9 dollars isn't too bad.

Cons

They don't give you a set schedule and the turn over rate is kinda bad. I work 70 hrs and check was about 200$ short

Management is pretty decent

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!