Securitas Security Services USA

Updated October 19, 2014
2.6

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • Its usually a pretty easy job and pays okay for essentially doing nothing (in 17 reviews)

• This is an absolutely Great Company that you should want to work for (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits little room for advancement (in 11 reviews)

• Pay rates are laughable for anyone under a branch manager level (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Maui

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

No Pros unfortunately for Maui. I understand other states that are good

Cons

The company pays peanuts. No raise for over five years. Management is a circus act. No vacation, sick leave.

Take care of employees better, and they will be loyal

My experience with working for Securitas is ok, but do not want to work in Security field any longer.

Current Employee - Badging Officer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Badging Officer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A starting point for new security officers. Somtimes they do have decent paying sites.

Cons

No holiday time unless you are scheduled to work that day, no sick time and you do not get paid berievement time.

They need to give long time staff promotions and incentive raises.

Securitas is a good Company to work for however they listen to their clients to much.

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The pay was good met some good people.

Cons

They take their clients side over their officers and were the ones making them look good.

Learn to give people a fair chance don't just fire them so quickly or let employees good ones walk away so easily.

Very disorganized. Take it if you need to keep the lights on.

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Guard in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

From what I've seen there is a high level of incompetence so advancing within the company shouldn't be very hard if you keep your motivations to yourself. They provide the uniform and the sites i have been offered are low supervision, good for lone operator personalities.

Cons

They do not and will not pay you a living wage at entry level. They make it very clear that you are a subcontractor and as such there are no raises. You are paid based on your job site, the vast majority of which pay between 9 and 11 dollars. Do not expect bank hours. In fact, if you have been told you are going to a day shift position, be skeptical. It's common to see bait and switch. Happened to me.

Without a great deal of experience within the company i can't give managerial advice. I can say that this is a predatory business model and i would not be part of a company with this ethical standard at a supervisory level, but i understand that not everyone is adverse to preying on others for profit.

OK...

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

For a fist security job starting at 9 dollars isn't too bad.

Cons

They don't give you a set schedule and the turn over rate is kinda bad. I work 70 hrs and check was about 200$ short

Management is pretty decent

Disappointing

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity for overtime if you have open availability.

Cons

Managers are very poorly trained. Pay is unreasonably low and the benefits package is so expensive it'll use up most of that low pay. If you have other obligations such as school or children don't expect to receive very many hours, they tend to favor only those who will go anywhere at any moments notice.

If you enjoy being treated like peons by Branch Management come work here.

Former Employee - Security Manager in Bangor, ME
    Former Employee - Security Manager in Bangor, ME

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Placed at a hospital site that was great to work for. The Human Resource person at the Bangor Maine branch was excellent. Lots of opportunities for OT. Non-physical work.

Cons

Branch Management is like the military. Poor communication with staff. Pay is mostly a joke. Benefits are terrible. No sick time or PTO. Medical is expensive and covers almost nothing. Only 1 week of vacation until you hit 5 years...come on!

Treat your employees like they are people not cattle. Get rid of the military style attitudes and how about giving real benefits!

Account Manager

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

Great Pay, excellent staff and company to work for. I work as an Account Manager for DPS schools and I loved the job and all the perks that came with it. I started as a regular officer and worked my way up.

Cons

Work long hours, some times you take the job home with you. There's some stress that comes along with this job especially with dealing with student in the school system.

Nothing

Good job until a unfortunate incident happens in your life.

Former Employee - Telecommunications Analyst in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Telecommunications Analyst in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good co-workers. A relaxed environment to work in for the most part. Fairly good pay and benefits. Employer attempts to give little perks all along the way with lunches and celebrations.

Cons

Employees aren't given the benefit of the doubt. Some co-workers are like sheep that follow orders without thinking first. Management is more concerned with their own jobs to consider the lives of their employees.

If something tragic happens to an employee, ask the employee about it rather than believing a newspaper article and then firing employee.

Amazing

Current Employee - Security Officer in Sycamore, IL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Sycamore, IL

Pros

Easy job for anyone. Managers and Supervisor were the best

Cons

The hours can really be horrible

Securitas Security Services USA Photos