Securitas Security Services USA
www.securitas.com Parsippany, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Securitas Security Services USA Reviews in Saint Louis, MO

Updated Mar 3, 2014
Securitas Security Services USA – US – “Client Site”

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz

Santiago Galaz

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for those down on their luck

Saint Louis, MO

ProsEasy to move up if you're reasonably intelligent. How do I put this delicately...the IQ of the average security guard is such that if yours is over 80 then you look like a genius by comparison. You will find yourself in a low paying supervisory position in no time!

ConsTheir MO is providing low cost security which means they pay us even less than security guards at other companies.
    And they even scrapped our health plan this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least pretend like you value your employees like other corporations do.

It is a low paying and dead end job.

Security Officer (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsYou do not need to be very educated to be hired.

ConsYou do not need to be educated to be hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking down to your employees.

It has it's moments, and they gave me a chance with no experience.

Security Officer - Site Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsIt's a good starting point for a career in security, it's the second best in the country.

ConsManagement is not organized and it takes forever for HR to call back if they ever do.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive supervisors more help

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Security Officer (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

Prosthis company will make sure you recieve your hours.

Consthis company gives no raises to employee.

Advice to Senior Managementno feedback,always excuses it.

Dissapointing

Security Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe Job allows you to work a lot of hours if you wasnt because the have such poor highering practicies. Overtime is always available.

ConsThey get rid of the best branch managers and hire the people with no law enforcement expierience. I am ex military and law enforcemnt and i had one of the best branch managers (Female) who would not let the poor hiring o\f Securitas interfere with the the good officers who knew how to do the job. Now i work for a manager who would rather bullie its employees to stay under the radar then to get rid of the ones who were doining wrong. We have no protection and its now the worst place i have ever worked

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrity is in our mission statement. Where is the integrity in St. Louis.

Decent Job

Security Guard (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThey were very happy to give me time off when I needed it. Managers would call and come by my post frequently to check to so if I was doing alright.

ConsPay depends on your location. Sometimes you would be unarmed in a place where you probably needed a weaponm or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be imporved on. When my manager was terminated, I was not notified until days later and had to argue to get paid for a job I was on.

Hard Job

Field Service Manager (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe company is large and yet growing. There are many opportunities to relocate to a different State or Country and transfer your job to that location. The company encourages officers to grow their knowledge of the field and provides opportunities for advancement. An entry level officer could go from working a post to becoming a Branch Manager if they have the self-motivation necessary and take advantage of the advanced training opportunities offered by the company. The company's pay is competitive and they will consider previous experience towards placement on higher paying assignments.

ConsMost of the people in management positions, are not security professionals. Many of their managers have never actually worked as officers though they are highly competent in other ways. The company holds itself up as having elite officers and security professionals but it functions in very much the same way as most small and underfunded security outfits. Rank advancement means almost nothing to management. From a management perspective, the bars on an officer's collar was just a feel-good measure to keep a happy work force. Branch Managers are poorly policed by upper management. Branch Managers are free to be as good or as corrupt as they chose to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementA common mistake that almost every failed security company has made is to mistake work in another field of law enforcement as a highly valuable and translatable skill-set to have when coming into the security field. Securitas seems to give special consideration to former military personnel or police officers over those who have actually worked in the security field for many years. I look at it this way, a 20 year veteran security officer would be given no special consideration by the military or the police were they to apply for either and there is a good reason for that - it is because they understand that these are very different jobs and the only things they really have in common is that the employees wear uniforms and have the powers of arrest. No one who has never worn a security uniform and worked a post, should be allowed to run a security branch. The Branch Manager should know the job at least as well as the people working beneath them or they will have no means of leading, have any since of direction or be capable of sympathizing with the circumstances of the people working beneath them. Rank should be taken seriously. Many officers take pride in achieving rank and it is very discouraging when the company disregards this achievement. Firm policies should be established which determine to path to rank promotions, the responsibilities & rewards that come with each rank increase and rank promotions should become part of an employee's permanent record so that it could be considered should an employee return to the company.

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Securitas Security Services USA reviews and ratings in Saint Louis, MO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Securitas Security Services USA CEO Santiago Galaz. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Securitas Security Services USA employees.