Securitas Security Services USA

Securitas Security Services USA Reviews in Saint Louis, MO

2.5

Securitas Security Services USA Divisional President Santiago Galaz
Santiago Galaz

Pros
  • This is an absolutely Great Company that you should want to work for (in 8 reviews)

• Decent pay, placement at sites close to where you live (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement (in 10 reviews)

• Grossly unreasonable workload expectations from upper management (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for those down on their luck

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time

Pros

Easy to move up if you're reasonably intelligent. How do I put this delicately...the IQ of the average security guard is such that if yours is over 80 then you look like a genius by comparison. You will find yourself in a low paying supervisory position in no time!

Cons

Their MO is providing low cost security which means they pay us even less than security guards at other companies.
    And they even scrapped our health plan this year.

At least pretend like you value your employees like other corporations do.

It is a low paying and dead end job.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

You do not need to be very educated to be hired.

Cons

You do not need to be educated to be hired.

Stop talking down to your employees.

It has it's moments, and they gave me a chance with no experience.

Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Security Officer - Site Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a good starting point for a career in security, it's the second best in the country.

Cons

Management is not organized and it takes forever for HR to call back if they ever do.

Give supervisors more help

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

this company will make sure you recieve your hours.

Cons

this company gives no raises to employee.

no feedback,always excuses it.

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Security Supervisor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The Job allows you to work a lot of hours if you wasnt because the have such poor highering practicies. Overtime is always available.

Cons

They get rid of the best branch managers and hire the people with no law enforcement expierience. I am ex military and law enforcemnt and i had one of the best branch managers (Female) who would not let the poor hiring o\f Securitas interfere with the the good officers who knew how to do the job. Now i work for a manager who would rather bullie its employees to stay under the radar then to get rid of the ones who were doining wrong. We have no protection and its now the worst place i have ever worked

Integrity is in our mission statement. Where is the integrity in St. Louis.

Decent Job

Former Employee - Security Guard  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

They were very happy to give me time off when I needed it. Managers would call and come by my post frequently to check to so if I was doing alright.

Cons

Pay depends on your location. Sometimes you would be unarmed in a place where you probably needed a weaponm or two.

Communication could be imporved on. When my manager was terminated, I was not notified until days later and had to argue to get paid for a job I was on.

Hard Job

Former Employee - Field Service Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Securitas Security Services USA

Pros

The company is large and yet growing. There are many opportunities to relocate to a different State or Country and transfer your job to that location. The company encourages officers to grow their knowledge of the field and provides opportunities for advancement. An entry level officer could go from working a post to becoming a Branch Manager if they have the self-motivation necessary and take advantage of the advanced training opportunities offered by the company. The company's pay is competitive and they will consider previous experience towards placement on higher paying assignments.

Cons

Most of the people in management positions, are not security professionals. Many of their managers have never actually worked as officers though they are highly competent in other ways. The company holds itself up as having elite officers and security professionals but it functions in very much the same way as most small and underfunded security outfits. Rank advancement means almost nothing to management. From a management perspective, the bars on an officer's collar was just a feel-good measure to keep a happy work force. Branch Managers are poorly policed by upper management. Branch Managers are free to be as good or as corrupt as they chose to be.

A common mistake that almost every failed security company has made is to mistake work in another field of law enforcement as a highly valuable and translatable skill-set to have when coming into the security field. Securitas seems to give special consideration to former military personnel or police officers over those who have actually worked in the security field for many years. I look at it this way, a 20 year veteran security officer would be given no special consideration by the military or the police were they to apply for either and there is a good reason for that - it is because they understand that these are very different jobs and the only things they really have in common is that the employees wear uniforms and have the powers of arrest. No one who has never worn a security uniform and worked a post, should be allowed to run a security branch. The Branch Manager should know the job at least as well as the people working beneath them or they will have no means of leading, have any since of direction or be capable of sympathizing with the circumstances of the people working beneath them. Rank should be taken seriously. Many officers take pride in achieving rank and it is very discouraging when the company disregards this achievement. Firm policies should be established which determine to path to rank promotions, the responsibilities & rewards that come with each rank increase and rank promotions should become part of an employee's permanent record so that it could be considered should an employee return to the company.

Worked for Securitas Security Services USA? Contribute to the Community!