Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

2.3

Ray Biggs

Security Finance

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Pros

Extremely Good Pay
    Work is Good
    Fast paced
    Very Very Good Compensation
    Excellent Bonuses

Cons

Field Working past due customers not only at their house, but also at their jobs. Long stretched hours by which still requires to to field work madly customers at their home. Gets a bit dangerous at times. Must deal with customers for who already knows they are past due and continuously argues about a balance they have agreed too. Management not equal to certain "types" of people working in the office. Some has to fight harder than others to get where they are deserved to be.

Needs to be more equal to the type of person working within branches. If one is allowed to do what one taught, then it should be equally ok for the person who works in another branch to be allowed the same quality as the other.

nice place to work. then management changed and it all went to heck the authority went to persons head

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Morganton, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Morganton, NC

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you learn a lot of great things,

Cons

the ability to find the customers you were required to field call

make sure your employees do get the raises they are entitled to

Assistant manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Everything wrong with the unemployment status for people that are willing to work has this company written all over it

Cons

This company recruited me from my stable job and sold me on the h ours and benefits. I was told 2 different times that I would be working every other Saturday which was no problem. I worked my first day and was told that I needed to work every Saturday. This was no problem although I made the mistake and said I needed to make arrangements for a babysitter since I was told something different. Then I needed an extended lunch for a court date in family court and gave a month notice in advance. The next day I was fired because I was requesting time off already and was not willing to work Saturday's which was completely false. I have never been fired. So I left a career at a bank to be closer to home with a supposedly great company for a 9 hour paycheck right before Christmas. This company will say they are understanding and care for their employees but fire an over qualified employee for having to take a 2 hour lunch for court which wasn't known during the interview. Do not take a chance on this company!! Ruined my Christmas for my children and didn't even blink an eye. The only reason they got 1 star is because I had to put something

Have a heart

Not family oriented at ALL

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Raton, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Raton, NM

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love and miss my loyal customers.

Cons

No work-life balance. All work and being home 2 nights a week at 8 pm plus adding tax training and tax preparation along with all other duties, and every Saturday regardless if numbers are good, brings health down fast.

Supervisors are cold and not caring. Greedy and don't care if you are sick, weather not tolerable for going out in field, female out after dark alone with a town full of meth and other drug users. GREED GREED

I have been with the company for about 3 years and continue to be displeased with my job, praying for a new one.

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't think of a single pro. The job comes with benefits but they're horrible and don't cover anything. Good luck

Cons

Dangerous environment, supervisor is very unprofessional and very rude. Shows favoritism and treats other employees with very low respect. They do NOT appreciate their employees and they are only worried about money. Even if that means sending their employees, alone, to a crack house where someone has previously been murdered to collect 60 bucks. Their expectations are unrealistic and to top it off, the insurance is HORRIBLE! I would not advise my worst enemy to work for Security Finance, it is truly that bad.

Appreciate your employees more. We do a lot for this company and some of us don't get paid very well. Its time you start giving recognition where its deserved instead of to the manager that stays on her cell phone all day.

Good experience working here.

Current Employee - Developer in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Developer in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

People here are very helpful, honest, and easy to work with. Most of them have also been here a long time so they are very good at what they do.

Cons

If you do not live in the area, the office location is a bit of a drive to get to.

I think the employees here are honest and hard working because of the example that they see from their managers. My advice to management would be to keep up the good work.

Very unprofessional company

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sundays off would be the only pro I could think off.

Cons

Not a professional environment. Breaking the rules and company policy regarding strict federal regulated guidelines is a daily occurrence. .

JOB NOT FOR ME

Pros

Good Benefits and great learning experience

Cons

Boss chose favorites and treated others unfairly

Love to Micro Manage every minute of the day.

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time

Pros

Best to be female as the ratio is 1-13 and you will not be accepted.

Cons

Time and efforts will be micro managed. Policies only apply to a few.

Don't just advance people because their numbers are good. Make sure they can manage (people) first.

Good start to office job but pay sucks for the hype they try to get you to believe in

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

Pros

Pros: free insurance for employee, nice hotel stay for meetings, good benefits, training provided so anyone who is a people person and willing to learn can get a job..not a bad thing but you should know every new employee is hired as an assistant manager so don't be misled to think you're getting a more advanced position and request $10-$12/hr and don't settle for the measly $8 they try to hire you at.

Cons

Cons: going to people's houses to try to collect payments, when your car gets damaged doing so they do nothing to help you repair it so if you get in a car accident doing their work you're on your own, working till 8:00 at night and Saturday's, being expected to keep giving money to people who chronically refuse to pay without being hounded and soliciting people who have clearly said they don't want to be just so "the numbers" look good...reward the crappy customers with money so they can tell us we'll get our money when they're damn well ready to pay it and hound away the good customers with so much soliciting they don't want. Basically you'll never be paid enough (even with bonuses) to make the frustration worth it...not just from customers but from senior management expecting you to pull a rabbit out of your butt.

Get rid of trouble employees instead of making the whole office miserable till the good employees quit, increase pay scale and get a better quality employee so turnover isn't constant. Nobody is going to work late nights and weekends long. Part of having a quality job you are satisfied with and proud of is not working those hours. If people wanted to work nights and weekends they'd stay at the gas stations and McDonald's they came from. Everyone hates field work...say no more money to those customers that month after month, year after year have to be fieldworked. They wake up when you tell them no more cause you don't pay us back. The job is sold as this great job with potential but after a few years you realize you're just in a job that is made out to sound good but doesn't live up.

Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Photos