Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

www.security-finance.com

Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg – Carmi – “Awards”

Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg – Carmi – “Awards”

Ray Biggs

JOB NOT FOR ME

ProsGood Benefits and great learning experience

ConsBoss chose favorites and treated others unfairly

Love to Micro Manage every minute of the day.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest to be female as the ratio is 1-13 and you will not be accepted.

ConsTime and efforts will be micro managed. Policies only apply to a few.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just advance people because their numbers are good. Make sure they can manage (people) first.

Good start to office job but pay sucks for the hype they try to get you to believe in

Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPros: free insurance for employee, nice hotel stay for meetings, good benefits, training provided so anyone who is a people person and willing to learn can get a job..not a bad thing but you should know every new employee is hired as an assistant manager so don't be misled to think you're getting a more advanced position and request $10-$12/hr and don't settle for the measly $8 they try to hire you at.

ConsCons: going to people's houses to try to collect payments, when your car gets damaged doing so they do nothing to help you repair it so if you get in a car accident doing their work you're on your own, working till 8:00 at night and Saturday's, being expected to keep giving money to people who chronically refuse to pay without being hounded and soliciting people who have clearly said they don't want to be just so "the numbers" look good...reward the crappy customers with money so they can tell us we'll get our money when they're damn well ready to pay it and hound away the good customers with so much soliciting they don't want. Basically you'll never be paid enough (even with bonuses) to make the frustration worth it...not just from customers but from senior management expecting you to pull a rabbit out of your butt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of trouble employees instead of making the whole office miserable till the good employees quit, increase pay scale and get a better quality employee so turnover isn't constant. Nobody is going to work late nights and weekends long. Part of having a quality job you are satisfied with and proud of is not working those hours. If people wanted to work nights and weekends they'd stay at the gas stations and McDonald's they came from. Everyone hates field work...say no more money to those customers that month after month, year after year have to be fieldworked. They wake up when you tell them no more cause you don't pay us back. The job is sold as this great job with potential but after a few years you realize you're just in a job that is made out to sound good but doesn't live up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely recommended if new in finance!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Independence, MO

Prospaid business trips, free health insurance

Consfield collections in less than ideal areas

Advice to Senior ManagementBarbaric management is lazy. My manager was great! Make it personal and they will chase for you!

wonderful experience

Collector (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

Prosgreat benefits good job environment

Consnone, they have good supervisor

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going

customer service

Customer Service (Former Employee) Holly Hill, SC

ProsGreeting customers and answering the Phone. I love dealing with customers handling their
    situations. Putting a smile on their faces being content.

ConsI wish my assignment with them was longer, but it was seasonal . I enjoyed working with the company but the time was short.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be in charge and handling the employees in the proper way, by explaining and making them comprehensive to their mistakes.

Supervisor Favoritism

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Carmi, IL

ProsWorking for a highly competitive company. I was branch manager and made sure my office was ran by the book. I won several awards and was paid well for them. Health insurance and bonuses were definitely a plus.

ConsMy last supervisor was a very shallow person. She did not tell the truth about what she did when she came to my office. She showed a lot a favoritism with her employees. I feel she was there to have " girlfriend chats" and relive her young days. She made me work Saturdays and week nights even when I had 100 points. I had to go over her head to have my assistant manager talked to for her behavior. My awards were usually an after thought to her. After going over her head she would say nasty things to me at meetings or totally ignore my accomplishments. The other managers in my territory told me things she said about me in their offices and could not understand why she did not appreciate my office doing so well. I know this review will be ignored and I thank God she is suppose to retire next year. Maybe then the people that don't brown nose will have a chance in her territory.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to home office. Monitor your Supervisors more.

Not good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree insurance but does not cover much

ConsToo many hours, too much work off the clock , field work

Advice to Senior ManagementTotal overhaul

It was one of my worst employment experiences ever!!! The other staff members were horribly rude and unprofessional.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsOne of the only pros I can think of is that I was allowed to park near the office. That should show what a great experience it was (can you hear the sarcasm?).

ConsWhere do I start? Poor training, fellow employees unprofessional and cold, unsafe work environment (some examples include, but are not limited to, completed field work done alone, the office was robbed at gunpoint during my second week there- no cameras or emergency help buttons available), immoral and illegal collections practices, management impersonal and immature, expected to work six days per week, which included two days 900am until 830pm, one day 900am until 6pm, and Saturdays 900am until 6pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and take a course or two in collection practices.

Worked for company for years but as I moved up I found that office staff was greatly underappreciated by VP's and H.O.

Territory Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers and branch personnel were hard workers.

Conslong hours, underpaid, office staff not appreciated by higher ups

Advice to Senior ManagementConstantly telling the employee that "they make the difference" but you need to treat them in that manner and like people and not just replaceable objects

Worked for Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg? Contribute to the Community!