Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Ray Biggs

1. Great job if you have a connection with your customers

Former Employee - Territory Supervisor in Janesville, WI
    Former Employee - Territory Supervisor in Janesville, WI

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to build your customer base (book of business) and provide much needed financial assistance to customers. loans report to the credit reporting agencies which can improve a customers credit profile.

Cons

Collections would be tough at times.

Keep up the good work

2. Branch Manager

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Pros

Great team if you were actually allowed to manage them. Pay is ok but sometimes is not worth the stress of micromanagement.

Cons

Supervisor is inexperienced and wants to manage rather than supervise.

Fill positions with people that know what they are doing instead of with people that you want to know what they are doing eventually.

3. Job experience depends on store manager.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If store manager is efficient and in control job is easy and pay is decent. If store delinquency is out of control job is not worth pay.

Cons

Even though you work really hard and try, you can not always meet goals set forth by district manager and you get punished. They are not quick to reward for goals meet though.

Don't punish stores that consistently hit goals. Upper management is quick to point out what you arent doing right but not to reward hard work.

Security Finance

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Pros

Extremely Good Pay
    Work is Good
    Fast paced
    Very Very Good Compensation
    Excellent Bonuses

Cons

Field Working past due customers not only at their house, but also at their jobs. Long stretched hours by which still requires to to field work madly customers at their home. Gets a bit dangerous at times. Must deal with customers for who already knows they are past due and continuously argues about a balance they have agreed too. Management not equal to certain "types" of people working in the office. Some has to fight harder than others to get where they are deserved to be.

Needs to be more equal to the type of person working within branches. If one is allowed to do what one taught, then it should be equally ok for the person who works in another branch to be allowed the same quality as the other.

Don't work here

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Pros

No pros at all

Cons

long hours/ fieldwork in bad areas/ high school drama

Supervisors need more knowledge and also company needs to listen when others have a concern not just take one side

Poorly Managed

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pro's to working for this company

Cons

Required to work every Saturday (not told this when hired) Have to knock on customer's door at night in bad neighborhoods to ask for payments. Management only cares about numbers and not the employee.

Bullying your employee does not create a loyal employee.

Assistant manager

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Everything wrong with the unemployment status for people that are willing to work has this company written all over it

Cons

This company recruited me from my stable job and sold me on the h ours and benefits. I was told 2 different times that I would be working every other Saturday which was no problem. I worked my first day and was told that I needed to work every Saturday. This was no problem although I made the mistake and said I needed to make arrangements for a babysitter since I was told something different. Then I needed an extended lunch for a court date in family court and gave a month notice in advance. The next day I was fired because I was requesting time off already and was not willing to work Saturday's which was completely false. I have never been fired. So I left a career at a bank to be closer to home with a supposedly great company for a 9 hour paycheck right before Christmas. This company will say they are understanding and care for their employees but fire an over qualified employee for having to take a 2 hour lunch for court which wasn't known during the interview. Do not take a chance on this company!! Ruined my Christmas for my children and didn't even blink an eye. The only reason they got 1 star is because I had to put something

Have a heart

Not family oriented at ALL

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Raton, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Raton, NM

I worked at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love and miss my loyal customers.

Cons

No work-life balance. All work and being home 2 nights a week at 8 pm plus adding tax training and tax preparation along with all other duties, and every Saturday regardless if numbers are good, brings health down fast.

Supervisors are cold and not caring. Greedy and don't care if you are sick, weather not tolerable for going out in field, female out after dark alone with a town full of meth and other drug users. GREED GREED

nice place to work. then management changed and it all went to heck the authority went to persons head

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Morganton, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Morganton, NC

Pros

you learn a lot of great things,

Cons

the ability to find the customers you were required to field call

make sure your employees do get the raises they are entitled to

I have been with the company for about 3 years and continue to be displeased with my job, praying for a new one.

I have been working at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't think of a single pro. The job comes with benefits but they're horrible and don't cover anything. Good luck

Cons

Dangerous environment, supervisor is very unprofessional and very rude. Shows favoritism and treats other employees with very low respect. They do NOT appreciate their employees and they are only worried about money. Even if that means sending their employees, alone, to a crack house where someone has previously been murdered to collect 60 bucks. Their expectations are unrealistic and to top it off, the insurance is HORRIBLE! I would not advise my worst enemy to work for Security Finance, it is truly that bad.

Appreciate your employees more. We do a lot for this company and some of us don't get paid very well. Its time you start giving recognition where its deserved instead of to the manager that stays on her cell phone all day.

Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Photos