Security Professionals of Texas

1.8

CEO

Non-Commissioned Unarmed Security Officer

I have been working at Security Professionals of Texas

Pros

They pay me good, decent hours and more respect. If you become a commissioned officer they won't have enough posts available.

Cons

The could pay me more rather than 10.50 an hr because I'm looking to get my own apartment soon. I don't suggest working here for part-time. If you work 20-32 hours a week for 10hr. It will not be enough money to pay some real bills.

The management could be more professional and better organized. I don't like that their still charging me for my uniform fee. The account told me that they would take the uniform fee out 4 times out of each check. Well it's passed that and their still taking it out.

Life sucking owner

I worked at Security Professionals of Texas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They don't really have a clue most the time what their employees are doing, so you can get away with just about anything you want to.

Cons

Work here if you want to make the rich, richer while you stay poor. Owner is a self righteous, egotistical woman who will take advantage of you for her own benefit. You will be paid the least amount possible and you will be messed over time and time again on your paycheck. Complain and you will be fired because you are a dime a dozen and they will just hire someone else. Turnover is extremely high and they don't care about you at all. Sad thing is she has been in business for a very long time in a company that was handed to her and she did nothing at all to create. She will stay in business feeding off of the lower class and minimally educated for the rest of her life. This is the way it goes, so if you can deal with it take a job at this company.

Try working a day in your life for the amount of money you pay your employees and see how you like it. You are a spoiled, heartless person and one day it will come back on you. Don't take advantage of other people's situations and make a profit off of it while you sit on your throne feeling sorry for yourself. You have no backbone and not an ounce of conscience. I know if you ever read this post it will send you running for the hospital with a stomach ache. Oh poor you!

Don't mess with Mr. Hotshot bossman

I worked at Security Professionals of Texas

Pros

Decent Pay IF and ONLY IF you have a city post.

Cons

If you arent part of the internal clique they have set up, then you are in for a bad time.

Before you decide to jump down peoples throat, do some research. If you are too blind too see that the people you manage under you are feeding you the information they choose to let you hear, then you need to do some self evaluation. You have only met me once before you called me into your office and that was the day you hired me. I have never been so disrespected towards my work ethic. I arrived at my post early considering i currently do not have a car, yet you choose to look away at your self appointed post supervisor and his constant tardiness, with his car i might add.

If you so far as try to bring up an issue to this company, they will find a reason to fire you.

I was terminated because SUPPOSEDLY I was "dead asleep" when my relief came to relieve me, almost an hour late. No one could verify this information. The truth was i was constantly yawning and looked tired, but i was definately awake to tell you exactly what the late officer was wearing and at what time he arrived. That, and they added that I made false civil arrests (no records indicating or proving this fact) and that I "reported too many things in my report". As far as i was concerned, thats what security is, observe and report.

You went this far to terminate me all because I tried to bring up the shortages on my checks.

Oh, by the way, your comments regarding the "other stupid security companies like Top gun.." were reported, and they didnt like that very much, sir :)

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX

I worked at Security Professionals of Texas

Pros

.It was an easy job to get, on the spot hire. They pay is OK, the hours are there as long as you're available.

Cons

It's actually pretty funny they call themselves Security Professionals, because they are without a doubt the most unprofessional and unorganized company I've ever worked for in my life. These people are basically looking for anyone they can, who meets the minimalist qualifications. They just want a body in uniform to fulfill their contractual obligations to the city or whatever company they work for, so they can keep getting paid. They don't care about their employees at all. They are completely unflexible with any changes that occur with you affecting them, regardless of the seriousness of the matter or how much notice you are given.

A good example of this was the day I got hired. I let them know right off the bat, I wouldn't be able to work that Friday due to a doctor's appt. The next day, as my schedule was being written, I reminded them again I couldn't work that day, at least not past a certain time. Of course, the day comes by, and not only am I scheduled, but nobody shows up to relieve me. I have to call a Supervisor, who shows up an hour and a half late to relieve me.

Things like that happen all the time. They're complete idiots. They even jacked up my paycheck. Complained several times that Fed Taxes weren't coming out, and it was never corrected, even when I offered to refile the W-4.

Finally, they decided to let me go about a week ago, thanks to their own screw-up. They sent me to a new post. The supervisor who was supposed to be training me not only showed up late, but had never seen the place before, and frankly had trouble even finding it. SO after what SPOT considered my training, which consisted of me and the supervisor both exploring the place for the first time, and realizing he gave me the wrong keys, or that working at a City facility I should have an ID card....he left. The facility manager sent out an e-mail complaining of this, and a City Rep was sent out to question me regarding my "training". So I gave him the truth. Of course, SPOT was fined by the city for their negligence in the situation, and SPOT, being the great people they are, decided it was my fault for this, and let me go.

1. Try hiring employees that actually know how to talk to people, or have at least graduated grade school. Dude doesn't sound to convincing when he says "Say cuz, you can't be up on yo phone in the liburry"

2. Re-evalute your supervisors, enforce stricter checks and balances.

3. Get a clue

If you have less than zero options, Still DON'T work here

Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Security Professionals of Texas

Pros

Its a job I suppose, it (sorta) paid the bills for a couple months when the company wasn't playing around.

Cons

This by far was the worst job I have EVER worked. They have the craziest policies which I believe they make up as they go along. There is a uniform fine ($50 1st offense, $100 second offense, 2 week suspension 3rd offense and termination on the 4th offense) I can understand some people may walk around looking unprofessional, and since your usually work post with no manager or other officers around, they need to make sure you have a neat appearance. The problem is that payday you could look at your check and find missing money do to a fine you never knew you received, and even if they have ZERO proof and your 100% sure you wore your uniform you will still get fined, or suspended.

If you work a lot of overtime, be prepared to get reduced to part time hours the next week, so they can get their money back

Whenever they feel fit they could reduce your hours to part time, so if this was your only job, you may not make that rent payment!

I came to work early and never called off, yet I have only received a complete check TWICE in the 5 months I have worked here. They will find SOMETHING just so they don't have to pay you what you worked for.

So if you see their ad on craigslist, don't even waste your time, cause in a few months, you'll be doing what I'm doing right now, looking through the classifieds, and maybe even looking for a lawyer!

Treat your employee's with respect and stop finding ways not to pay us. Where are the policies for people who call off everyday? How could it be that someone can come to work early, never call off and get worse treatment then a person who never comes to work. I think its time to review those policies once again, and be sure what your doing is right, then maybe you'll get people to stick around longer then a couple months.