SecurityMetrics

Updated February 12, 2015
4.2

SecurityMetrics Founder & CEO Brad Caldwell
Brad Caldwell

Loved working for SecurityMetrics. The owner and management staff want the company/employees to be successful.

I worked at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is founded on the shoulders of good people that love the company and those who work their. They try their best to make it a pleasant working environment and experience. I've worked in two different areas (sales and IT) and both were managed well and good experiences. Fun company events and spiffs for good performance.

Cons

I would say that the only challenge that I really encountered was the lack of future in my positions. Ultimately the jobs I had their were jobs not careers. Great for college but in the end I had to leave to start a career in my degree. That being said there are positions there that are more long lasting. Just not the ones I was in.

Love management and I feel they offered me fair/great opportunities. No complaints here.

High Reward for little work

Current Employee - Renewals Agent in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Renewals Agent in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay structure on the sales side to be able to make good money. Very flexible hours.

Cons

In any sales job, when you start excelling at the position, they ware likely to cut the pay structure at times to push you to sell even more.

Great college job!!

Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible when it comes to scheduling and hours worked. They deal with the UK so they even offer 2-10 am shifts if necessary. I've made good money and those that try hard can definitely be successful here!

Cons

Horrible for promotions. Once your in don't plan on moving up, the entire company is based on family and friends in high spots. If you are looking for a company to have a career with, find something else.

Pay is good but once every 3 months they will chop the pay scale and your commissions will go down 10% they overpay tech support and customer service so the salesman are shafted and not rewarded properly.

Look at all your options before hiring candidates for positions. Family is family but business is business.

The sales department is what allows the company to exist, pay them.

Great company with excellent benefits

Former Employee - Scan Technician in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Scan Technician in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Whether you want to work there while in school or make a career this is a great place. It is easy to excel if you prove yourself. They are in a fast growing industry so the job stability is great. They pay generously for a call center as well.

Cons

The work can get stressful and boring sometimes.

Be open to ideas from those in the trenches.

SecurityMetrics where integrity still matters

Current Employee - Support Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Support Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management is awesome. They understand the balance between work and play. I once met the CEO outside Cinemark and he recognized me and said hello also he's humble and sincere. Totally motivating to work for! Additionally when I've dealt with a difficult customer(see below) I have been able to discuss my issues with my management without fear of retaliation. Quality Assurance is trained to give critique instead of criticism.

Cons

I work in the Technical Support department. Customers can be very demanding. Have you ever tried to get a cat to do something it don't wanna do? That's what customers can be like.

Well, Management, if you are reading this, please keep doing what you have been doing and everything will be wonderful.

Company with a bright future. Great first after highschool job

Current Employee - Data Integrity, Quality Assurance in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Data Integrity, Quality Assurance in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the little prior experience required. Good friendly environment. Company parties every month, Great company with very bright future. Extremely flexible schedules

Cons

Sometimes work can be stressful because your pay reflects on the amount of work you put in. But that can be a good thing too

I can't think of many suggestions. Maybe just train more frequently

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay (for the most part), flexible hours, and amazing coworkers! I worked part time as a Compliance Consultant for two years. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons

The pay scale would change often which made it confusing from time to time. Nevertheless, good incentive to work harder.

SM is great

Former Employee - Team Lead for Consultant Team in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead for Consultant Team in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top pay for the job industry, relatively low stress. Management can sometimes push pretty hard for results, but at the end of the day - Hey, we're not saving babies - we're just helping people with PCI compliance. Management often provides good incentives, excellent summer and Christmas parties. The CEO, Mr. Caldwell is an amazing person.

Cons

Working on the phones can be monotonous, people are rude and un-trusting - but that's the world we live it. The HR department doesn't really listen to complaints against upper management since its kinda of a family owned business.

keep paying the employees, and buy more lunches - thanks

Excellent environment and culture

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great to work with, it feels like co-workers want to help you succeed. Upper management really cares about the employees.

Cons

Travel is a bit too much for some, although I think it is about right. Because it is such a great place to work, there is little turnover in management, so this is not the place for a quick run up the ladder.

Keep up the great work and continue to find ways to maintain our culture while the organization grows.

Scan Tech

I worked at SecurityMetrics part-time

Pros

Flexible, good pay, and bonus structure.

Cons

Middle management was a joke. They just goofed off and never did their jobs.

Move up people that have skills and potential not the person that has been there the longest.