SecurityMetrics

Updated September 2, 2014
4.0

SecurityMetrics Founder & CEO Brad Caldwell
Brad Caldwell

Company with a bright future. Great first after highschool job

Current Employee - Data Integrity, Quality Assurance in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Data Integrity, Quality Assurance in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the little prior experience required. Good friendly environment. Company parties every month, Great company with very bright future. Extremely flexible schedules

Cons

Sometimes work can be stressful because your pay reflects on the amount of work you put in. But that can be a good thing too

I can't think of many suggestions. Maybe just train more frequently

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay (for the most part), flexible hours, and amazing coworkers! I worked part time as a Compliance Consultant for two years. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons

The pay scale would change often which made it confusing from time to time. Nevertheless, good incentive to work harder.

SM is great

Former Employee - Team Lead for Consultant Team in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead for Consultant Team in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top pay for the job industry, relatively low stress. Management can sometimes push pretty hard for results, but at the end of the day - Hey, we're not saving babies - we're just helping people with PCI compliance. Management often provides good incentives, excellent summer and Christmas parties. The CEO, Mr. Caldwell is an amazing person.

Cons

Working on the phones can be monotonous, people are rude and un-trusting - but that's the world we live it. The HR department doesn't really listen to complaints against upper management since its kinda of a family owned business.

keep paying the employees, and buy more lunches - thanks

Excellent environment and culture

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great to work with, it feels like co-workers want to help you succeed. Upper management really cares about the employees.

Cons

Travel is a bit too much for some, although I think it is about right. Because it is such a great place to work, there is little turnover in management, so this is not the place for a quick run up the ladder.

Keep up the great work and continue to find ways to maintain our culture while the organization grows.

Scan Tech

I worked at SecurityMetrics part-time

Pros

Flexible, good pay, and bonus structure.

Cons

Middle management was a joke. They just goofed off and never did their jobs.

Move up people that have skills and potential not the person that has been there the longest.

Great company, but inconsistent middle management policies.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company as far as the upper management. The job is very straightforward and easy to pick up. Great people to work with.

Cons

Nepotism is to big in this company. Many internal job openings are decided upon before they are even opened for other employees to apply. To many compensation changes. Seems like they take a shot in the dark and then continually look at what they can change to make more money for the company. It is really hard as a sales man to not know when and if your compensation will change.

Decide what your bottom line is and what you can handle paying employees and stick with it. Just because sales seem easy to you doesn't mean they are easy sales. If employees are able to push the envelope don't hurt them by taking away there pay.

It paid well, but I didn't enjoy the work.

Former Employee - Support Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Support Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at SecurityMetrics part-time

Pros

It paid well for a call center job. We also had parties every month where the company would bring food for everyone. Christmas bonuses were great.

Cons

It wasn't very professional, there was a lot of work drama. A lot of favoritism is involved in who gets hired and promoted.

They need to realize it is a large company and it needs to be more professional managed.

Compliance Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CEO cares about employees and makes them a priority. Company has a lot of potential and could become a great place to work with some changes.

Cons

There's not a lot of inter-departmental communication. If the system worked better and if there was more communication between departments the company would be a lot more efficient.

Get more input from all departments before implementing new policies. When you do implement new policies make sure all departments that might be affected by it know about the changes.

The only thing constant is change

Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Compliance Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a compliance consultant you can make about $28 an hour (and that's without a degree), laid back environment, super flexible hours, nice big windows on call floor to look outside, Christmas bonus, Xmas party, Free food about once a month, summer party. My boss is super cool.

Cons

NO BENEFITS, they change the pay scale often and can get frustrating with all the constant changes that are happening. If you aren't a top producer and have a bad pay-period, can be tough to get back with the top producers because of a queue penalty.

Stick to your laid-back environment, don't start micro-managing us. Provide Benefits for full-time employees.

An Ethical Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at SecurityMetrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very ethical in external and internal dealings with customers and employees. Managers know you have a life outside work, and as long as you plan accordingly, they are very flexible. I've always been well-treated by managers and bosses.

The services the company provides are also ethical. The company tries to help companies become secure so they aren't hacked by criminals.

Cool work environment. Parties every month with awesome catering. The Halloween party is always a hoot. People dress up in the craziest stuff here. The Christmas and Summer parties are the best though. Last year the company rented out a water park, and this Christmas the company will rent out the UCCU Center in Orem with contests, raffles, dance offs, and bull riding!!!

Cons

Some people here are hard to work with, but I guess that comes with any work environment. It's just people being people, and you can't always control who you work with.