Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North

Dave North

Pros
  • The company valued a flexible work/life balance along with providing good benefits(in 25 reviews)

• Good people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part of the job period is the work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Other offices truly do not embody the core values of the company, employees are overworked, stressed, and truly have no work life balance(in 8 reviews)

Use this job to gain experience and move on quickly!

Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis is the best computer system in the industry. The pay is okay for starting without much experience. The coworkers are excellent. Office is conveniently located. Full time it is 37.75 hours per week.

ConsManagement plays favorites and if you are not on the list you will be cut from employment quickly.

there are practically no men working in this office whatsoever. There are no chances for advancement unless you are willing to relocate to another state. Human Resources is a joke as everything and everyone is geared to support management and there is NO support for the employee. let me say that again NO support for the employee they will always rule against you in all facets of work from your opinion to how the claim should be handled versus the account. Human Resources is never on your side. If there is a complaint against you if it is full you are looked at as you are wrong.

They lead you in with a work balance life but that is not the case. Be prepared it to work at least 60 hours a week and probably log on from home to maintain your caseload.

There are no bonuses. No Christmas bonuses. Performance bonuses are pathetic. Can you imagine working all year and getting a 25 cent increase?!

most of management is ignorant to how claims should be handled. They have no clue what it takes to get the job done. They are not trying to learn what it takes to get the job done. They're only goal is to appease the account. Very typical for a TPA. Once business is lost or an account is lost be prepared for layoffs immediately! The people they put in charge are never the most knowledgeable but the ones who will do whatever their manager says to do without question.

there is always a lot of office gossip going around. The women working there are very messy and petty.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees doing the work they are the truth voice of the company. Do not always side with management as they are not always the most knowledgeable or the most fair. Tried to stop by I'm so many different lives of business and work on improving the accounts that you have for longevity.

No work/home balance

ProsLocation. There aren't many pros.

ConsLong hours, high volumes, unrealistic expectations.

Fast Paced Environment

Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible working hours and ability to work from home and generous PTO. Office environment is good and lots of opportunity for advancement within the claim positions. Alot of different locations in major cities making it easier to live close to the office.

ConsDifficult to keep up with the work pace and amount of e-mail traffic. Always a feeling of having to log-in on weekends and PTO days to keep up with the work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rated #1 TPA

Claims Examiner (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have a nice system to process claims.

ConsPay, dairy expectations are some times unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees respectfully and the work outcome will be better.

Excellent Company

Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prospeople are very friendly to work with

ConsNot enough training to be qualified for the job

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

IT Application Analyst - Contract

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLong term contract/permanent work. Fairly simple since the nature of job is quite repetitive. Multiple location to choose and generous PTO. Want a stable, medium salary and decent place to work - this it.

ConsLots of repetitive work. Mostly old technology. Loads of work, insufficient time for indepth analysis, conflicting deadlines creates immense personal pressure over period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times, listen to the folks do the actual work than the middle management.

If you like to work hard, have fun, be challenged and advance this is the place to be. Hilliard, Ohio

ProsGreat team and peers. Manager is very good knows there stuff. Leadership is very involved from our Directora to our VP to even her manager. Very down to earth and really friendly leaders. Great PTO and good benefits. Growing company lots of nice people. Having been there a few years and having worked at numerous organizations realistically my experience has been very good. You get out of it what you put into it and if your doing your job versus other things you will be recognized and rewarded.

ConsClient is tough and the vendor we work with seems to enjoy making our jobs difficult. Some of the colleagues (few and far between) and a supervisor are negative, complain about everything and are just difficult to be around. Wish our managers would take care of it. Although the Senior leader is very approachable and very nice he travels quite a bit so it's nice to see him interact with us (we just did a video where he danced and played along, good sport).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the food work. Thank you for taking the time to include us and appreciate the fact that you work as hard as we do. When the top dogs are here they are visible. Finally, get rid of the employees and sup who is not getting the job done. Seems like your afraid to hold them accountable.

Great company, great benefits, and fair compensation

Service Center Representative (Current Employee) Dubuque, IA

ProsGood leadership that cares about employees

ConsIs really fast paced and can get stressful at times

OK place to work

Work Comp Adjuster (Former Employee)

ProsThere was a lot of great people I worked with and it made the impossible amount of work you were expected to accomplish, a bit more bearable, even though you could not ever be caught up.

ConsThere was an enormous amount of work that is expected of everyone, and it can be very defeating to have most of your days end without a feeling of accomplishment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk a mile in the shoes of each and every adjuster.

Claims Examiner

ProsNone: literally none. There is nothing positive to say.

ConsIt sounds awesome; 37.5 hour work week; until you are slammed with 70 hours worth of work. The mentality is do what you have to get it done. It is a "Sweat shop." Steer clear or get out at the earliest opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management; hire some!

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!