Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North

Dave North

Pros:
  • "The company valued a flexible work/life balance along with providing good benefits"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Good people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "The worst part of the job period is the work/life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Low pay for amount of work expected-salaried with no bonuses that I'm aware of, 50"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

IT Applications Asc

IT Applications Associate (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

Prosexperience, independence, and work/life balance

ConsNo leadership really. No one had time to REALLY help me learn Progress 4GL even though they knew I did not Progress 4GL or PHP experience. I put forth a good effort but most of the Senior Level Developer did not & the Management was never really help.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAIN YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES

IT APPLICATION ANALYST

ProsBosses are real nice. Nice and quite you could actually get work done.

Cons6 month contract turns into a 9 months. Make sure you get top dollar hourly pay before

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom time-to-time I some gratitude would be nice,

They reward those who work hard.

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)

ProsSedgwick does a lot to recognize those employees who work hard and prove they can achieve the expectations Sedgwick has. Make no mistake, sedgwick's expectations and measurements for success are extremely high, but that's why this company is the best out there in terms of delivering stellar quality service for our clients. It is not impossible to meet the expectations and do well on the audits, but it does take commitment and hard work. I've found that you are treated much differently when you prove you can meet the requirements, and you are offered more opportunities and "perks". Sedgwick tries to groom adjusters for management, not to be lifetime adjusters. Recognize that and if you don't want to be an adjuster forever, and are willing to work hard, you'll do fine.

ConsThe accounts do play a major role, often to an unreasonable extent, in lot of the decisions that are made at Sedgwick. Often hiring and promotion decisions are made by the client instead of Sedgwick's own management. This can be quite frustrating and is probably be the biggest con. Aside from this I would only criticize the audit system and say that it is not always objective, but often the audit scores are based on the auditor's subjective opinions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the client dictate your hiring and promotion decisions, or you'll lose your top examiners.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You achieve what you work for

IT Applications Associate (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are generous. Opportunities for additional training are numerous. If you have the drive to gain knowledge and seek advancement, you will achieve it. It won't just be handed to you.

ConsThe company values being a leader and constantly works to innovate to stay in the lead. At times, this can be extremely stressful for colleagues with seemingly arbitrary changes with little to no explanation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to understand each position and the current demands before making changes that can potentially impact quality. Focus on quality versus volume. Focus on colleague buy-in when making dramatic changes to ease and speed the process.

It is a good company to work for where you can learn a lot.

ProsGood people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development.

Conscompensation depending upon the account,

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from what other companies inside and outside of the industry have done. Don't make the same mistakes that they have made.

I learned a lot from being there

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Oswego, IL

ProsAssisting customers and fellow agents with my knowledge and experience.

ConsContract ended to soon as I just received a promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line people as they are your first line to the customer needs.

Too many claims & NO recognition

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)

ProsThe amount of paid time off (but hard to use it) . They have remote/home worker opportunities which are necessary otherwise you have office distractions and can't handle the volume.

ConsThe volume of claims is not manageable & forget quality. You are paid approximately 25% less than an insurance carrier. There is no incentive to work hard they will not reward someone near the top of their salary grade. There are no bonuses to reward top performers. There are major discrepancies of claim loads within units. They do not communicate company wide computer issues which are frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease read this site. There is an on going theme here about the sweat shop volume of work. Please walk the talk about colleague recognition. The same themes come up in colleague surveys yet no real effort to change

The lack of respect not given to employees that have been there for 10 yrs.

Claims Assistant (Current Employee)
    Lake Mary, FL

ProsFlexible hours, PTO, benefits.

ConsKeeping up with the demands of the supervisor. Not having enough help and dealing with rude, disrespectful and unprofessional individuals, who obviously DOES NOT pull their weight in helping their fellow co-workers. No team players here. Every man for themselves is about all I have to say. If you are not in good with the Office Manager than you can forget about it. Core values need great improvement in this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please, please keep your doors open and listen to what your people are trying to tell you. You have allowed way too many good people leave by continuing to allow the same group of people get away with too many unethical behavior.

Love it, as long as the account you are assigned to is reasonable

ProsGreat hours, great pay, love my co-workers, good pto benefits

ConsSome accounts are micromanaged too much

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the account dictate how you treat your own employees- your employees work for sedgwick- not the account holder

Fair place to work

Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsSedgwick has great vacation time, a good work/life balance (at least compared to other places I've worked), and pretty decent office moral. Good mix of energetic and experienced people.

ConsThe raises are poor and there are no bonuses. They pay well to get you in but it's hard to get promoted or move up once you're here.

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sedgwick Claims Management Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sedgwick Claims Management Services CEO Dave North. All 223 reviews posted anonymously by Sedgwick Claims Management Services employees.