Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Updated January 19, 2015
2.5

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North

Pros
  • The company valued a flexible work/life balance along with providing good benefits (in 30 reviews)

• Good people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • this is not a company that encourages work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• pay is silly for the amount of work you are responsible for (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

24 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr. Financial Account Coordinator

Current Employee - Senior Financial Account Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Account Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

PTO is great and benefits are good. They have the job opportunities

Cons

Salary is terrible and management as well. Structure is definitely a need. No work/life balance

Please listen to employees. They do the work not you

Poor management

Former Employee - Service Center Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Service Center Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Great benefits. They provided all my equipment and paid for my internet service. Really good training.

Cons

Very poor management. You are harassed constantly by managers on a daily basis. Quality control was out of control. They do not seem to appreciate a good employee. Employee turn-over is high.

Work-Life Non Balance

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stable jobs. As long as the work is done you will have no problems.

Cons

This company cares more about the work getting done than you going home to your family. And if the manager don't like you or care to much for you...try to take off early one day or ask to use your PTO there will be some type of back for it in the future. And don't think about advancement. Managers have the option to stop you from advancing when you apply to another position in another department.

It would be best to not allow the managers so much control when someone try to apply to another position.

Calling all corporate clones.

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home in a virtual environment and great tangible resources.

Cons

Dry, robotic, corporate fallacy and brainwash tactics brought to your sanctum.If trainer suspects you're smarter than them you're target. Also, if you are good looking refrain from sharing any images. Only the ugly, dumb and robotic are welcomed. Also be sure to not display any signs of creativity or thinking out of the box because this is mass claims processing on an indentured scale in exchange for being paid 1$ more than other wah jobs.

Hire prettier and more talented individuals more often so it doesn't come as such a shock when a bombshell is on-board.

Sedgwick

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I worked with an exceptional team, with members who had prior on-the-job training that helped me walk through the day to day process, to ensure efficient and effective information was produced to aide the consumers.

Cons

Much of the training was via on the job. There was no system in place to effectively train and manage the workflow.

Invest more into on-the-job training practices and peer consultation.

IT Applications Asc

Former Employee - IT Applications Associate in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Applications Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

experience, independence, and work/life balance

Cons

No leadership really. No one had time to REALLY help me learn Progress 4GL even though they knew I did not Progress 4GL or PHP experience. I put forth a good effort but most of the Senior Level Developer did not & the Management was never really help.

TRAIN YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES

I gained important knowledge and skills in a challenging fast paced environment.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The staff is supportive. You can gain knowledge and training in the customer service and claims management field.

Cons

Hours are sometimes long and the pressure to meet quotas and have fast paced accurate and thorough claims can be overwhelming at times. Also, I did not feel there was true room and training for advancement. I had my Bachelor's degree at the time of employment and felt that I could have advanced with additional training if it were available.

More rewards and incentives for employees hard work.

It's a job.

Current Employee - IT Software Development Technician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - IT Software Development Technician in Memphis, TN

Pros

The paid time off is more generous than usual. The hours are fairly flexible and you can work from home some of the time.

Cons

Work / Life balance is often imbalanced. The salary could be better. Training / resources on internal systems is lacking.

Improve on training programs / resources for new hires.

SCMS - a lot of work, but some perks as well

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and excellent benefits
    Obvious advantages to working for the industry leader
    Challenging work and a supportive culture
    Best employer I've ever worked for and the company is recognized as an employer of choice

Cons

Lots of time off, but critical staff rarely had the opportunity to use it
    Management didn't prioritize open communication with employees
    Company never said no to customers and never asked employees if something could be realistically accomplished - doing the impossible was routine business
    Little room for advancement; if you wanted a promotion, you were almost forced to leave the company

Keep recognizing employees who go above and beyond. Give them rewards and opportunities to advance in their careers

IT’S NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO; IT’S ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW AND WHO YOU ARE WILLING TO THROW UNDER THE BUS!

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and PTO. Nice office environment with free coffee, espresso and cappuccino.

Cons

No training provided. Literally thrown into the deep end of the pool with no lifeguards and IT managers who are frantically trying to fix all the mistakes made by the staff they failed to train! Due to the total chaos every project gets escalated to senior management. Tenured employees are quick to throw new employees under the bus rather than work together to get the job done. In fact, working “together” with other teams is not encouraged and will get you labeled as someone who is unable to carry their own weight. And if you expect to have an HR department to work with, forget it. They have a CR (Colleague Resources) department that is strictly there to support the managers and not employees.

CIO seems to be a nice guy. He is either a great actor, or clueless on how his managers run the departments. Work life balance does not exist and if you decide you will not succumb to the 18 hour, 7 days a week for months on end, you are setting yourself up to get pushed out.
    If you can be happy being a “resource” with a company that has no heart and will replace you in a heartbeat, this place will be fine for you.

Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for.

Treat people right. Management knows what needs to be done. Quit talking the talk if you are not willing to walk the walk. Memphis is not that big of town and you are going to run out choices of talented people willing to put up with your way of treating employees.

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Photos

What your desk will look like.
The breakroom.