Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North

Dave North

Pros
  • The company valued a flexible work/life balance along with providing good benefits(in 25 reviews)

• Good people, supportive management, work-life balance, career development(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part of the job period is the work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Other offices truly do not embody the core values of the company, employees are overworked, stressed, and truly have no work life balance(in 8 reviews)

Caims Assistant

Claims Assistant (Current Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

ProsThe company values its employees and recognizes their hard work.

ConsGreat benefits and very strong team- work morals.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery structured management team who can give constructive critism and can respect others feedback.

Great Benefits

Claim InTaker (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsWork from home , great benefits

ConsPay could be better. I have no other complaints about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe get emails about how the company is growing and all the new clients we are getting. It would be nice to get an email telling all your hardworking dedicated employees that they are getting a pay increase.

Typical insurance job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnone at all - typical insurance workload and micromanagement

ConsOffice politics and infighting tend to be problems at most insurance carriers

Advice to Senior Managementless micromanagement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Call Center

SCR (Current Employee)

ProsBest call center I've ever worked in. They make you feel welcome and at home but are still professional and expectations are high.

ConsNot being able to take time off without having to have it approved ahead of time and if there aren't any hours available you can't take it off no matter what.

Sedgwick

ProsLarge TPA providing all lines of business, good colleague benefits to include a fair amount of PTO. Friendly colleagues and professional work atmosphere.

ConsHeavy workload, however hopefully that results in job security.

Great Company if you are located in a good office environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Good Benefits
    -Great PTO
    -Ability to grow in your career

Cons-The company is so large, and some of the offices are truly night and day difference from others. Some offices have a healthy work environment, people who support one another and want to ensure everyone suceeds. Other offices truly do not embody the core values of the company, employees are overworked, stressed, and truly have no work life balance.
    -If you want to grow with the company you truly need to be ready to make yourself mobile, unless you are fortunate enough for your home office to secure another account with promotional opportunities.
    -Management in some offices is great, but others the management is terrible and filled with "leaders" that are manipulative, punitive to employees, and are some of the worst examples of gossip and back stabbing, or "playing the game" as some call it. This type of behavior is horrible for office morale, and results in large turnover.
    -If the account you are assigned to leaves the company, you potentially do not have a job, but that's the risk of working for a TPA/

Advice to Senior Management-Reward those managers who truly display the organization's core values.
    -Reprimand, or put those managers who are doing the company a disservice on a performance improvement plan, just as you would for those that are in entry level positions. No one's bad behavior should be tolerated simply because of a title they hold.
    -Promote more internal candidates to management, versus bringing outside candidates into a management role who have no experience with insurance, risk management, or TPA operations.

Mediocre place to be employed

ProsLaid back, micromanaged, great benefits, excellent PTO offering

ConsDidn't feel like there was much room for growth; it was voiced but once that attempt to move forward was presented it seemed to be a problem/hassle. The office in which I worked most of the workers felt over worked and under paid; didn't receive much if any additional compensation of any kind for extra or hard work

Job will crush your soul

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are mostly very friendly and competent. The cafeteria is big with lots of options. You are not micro managed to death.

ConsThe nature of the job is such that people are always lying to you. Almost everyone you talk to is angry with you, before you have even spoken. Many people make unrealistic demands and threaten you with litigation. It is just constant frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more, and let them fill things out more efficiently. The audits are a bit ridiculous.

good if you don't mind always feeling behind

ProsGood salary if you really do only work 7 1/2 hrs a day, friendly people, good computer systems, not micromanaged.

ConsComplex processes, Consistently have more work than you can do in the amount of time you're supposed to be working. Working 9+ hour days, not taking lunch or breaks and still am about a day's worth of work behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate the work load vs. the amount of hours you are expecting employees to work. Good amount of PTO but it's difficult to take PTO without falling another full day of work behind.

Sedgwick is a great company.

ProsSedgwick is very employee friendly.

ConsI have nothing negative to say since I like my employer.

Worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services? Contribute to the Community!