Sedgwick Claims Management Services Reviews

Reset
2.7
Sedgwick Claims Management Services President and CEO Dave North
Dave North

Pros
  • Do not expect to receive more than good benefits (in 30 reviews)

• experience, independence, and work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • this is not a company that encourages work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• pay is silly for the amount of work you are responsible for (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Endless opportunities

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time

Pros

Growth company with high work ethic, great opportunities to learn new areas of the claims business, and enjoy a long term career.

Cons

Some may not appreciate fast pace and expectations to deliver high level of customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging front line employees for feedback.

Would like for him to be more visable in communications

Current Employee - Supervisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

Great work enviornment with the excitment of a fast growing organization.

Cons

Growth can lead to a little confusion.

Advice to Management

Communication on company direction and details. Since Sedgwick is not pubically traded we don't have the the luxury or SEC and investor reports.

Fantastic Experience Thus Far

Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Intermediate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer - Intermediate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

* Technically, my leadership and I mesh extremely well, have the same hot-button issues, the same concerns when it comes to writing code. * Loads of freedom to innovate and solve problems creatively, but also well-supported by large amount of constantly-improving library code. * All tools aside from the obvious tech-specific ones (Toad, Visual Studio, etc) are developed in-house. This is a "pro" because it allows us to deal with the results of our own work, keeps us always looking to improve the experience. * Work area is spacious and well-ventilated, with a good outside view of the nicely maintained grounds, complete with shady trees and garden. * Location is a mere two blocks from LOADS of shopping, lots of lunchtime food destinations, great for entertaining out-of-towners.

Cons

* CR (HR support) is conspicuously absent in Atlanta. All onboarding was handled through remote offices. * Getting set up with a good development machine has proven to be a challenge, but not one we can't overcome.

Advice to Management

Focus in on what is needed to enable your people to do the best job they can do for you. The more empowered the employees are to do the job assigned, the more successful they will be, and therefore the more successful YOU will be.

Job eliminated after consolidation, I wish I still worked for SEDGWICK....!

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Paducah, KY
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Paducah, KY

I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with excellent benefits and paid time off is the best I have ever seen. A positive work environment and a great business model....but not so good for employees jettisoned after takeover. Company is generous in paying 75 percent plus of the cost of medical insurance. There was a lot to love and they did give a fair amount of severance pay for my years of service.

Cons

My company: Factualphoto Inc. (Naperville, ILLinois), has been down-sized after a buyout by Sedgwick CMS. My job eliminated along with others to increase the profit margin. Peripheral markets that were hard won are now abandoned and only the most lucrative core urban markets kept. Sedgwick insisted on a 17 percent profit margin. Even though FP was profitable it wasn't enough margin for the parent co. Industry average is 3-7 percent. Without being precise, Factual had a solid and respectable profit margin. Sedgwick should have kept this business intact. What took Factualphoto many years to build provided a decent but not stellar rate of return. I know the macro-environment is inflationary but any business making a profit should not have been lightly dismantled. I also wish they had found another place in the company for me. In spite of my personal situation I can strongly recommend Sedgwick as an employer and I wish I had my old job back. SADDENED by this change.

Advice to Management

Wonderful company but should not just focus on the choicest parts and throw away the rest. Jobs matter. I miss my job. God speed and hope for a bright future.

6. If you have to have a job This company basically kicks a$$

Current Employee - Claims Assistant in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Claims Assistant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Sedgwick is pretty sweet. They have 7.5 hour days. It’s work comp so Monday through Friday schedules. They actually let you do your job without too much interruption.. Being an office there are the occasional meetings, but all in all they just let you work. I have been here for over 5 years, the PTO program basically rocks. I get almost 6 weeks off a year, the only down side is I can’t be paid out for it at the end of the year.. not accrued.

Cons

There is no overtime available, ever. Just like with any company, there are the occasional "stupid rules" that some senior VP will make, to make themselves look better. Those will generally get nixed once enough people complain about it.

7. LOVE IT HERE!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will make a lot of new friends. Easy work. Many new jobs opening every month. Management helps ou grow as an individual and excel at what we do.

Cons

Not to lienient on occurences or absences even if you have children, if you miss work then it is counted against you, unless you have FMLA to cover you.

Advice to Management

Dont be so snooty, smile once in awhile and lighten up.

8. This is a exciting company and continues to offer great career opportunity.

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very solid job opportunities for people willing to work. Opportunities to move up and advance with rapid grow. I recently returned after leaving to move and take care of family issues. I am thrilled to be back with Sedgwick and believe it an excellent place with great people.

Cons

There is no perfect company so I don't find any signifigant issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe our colleagues are our most valuable resource. I am always blown away by the dedication our our people.

9. One Company One Team

Current Employee - LOA Coordinator in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - LOA Coordinator in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, Work life balance

Cons

Really can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

10. Pleasant company to work from Home

Current Employee - Service Center Assistant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Service Center Assistant in Hartford, CT

Pros

Relatively Interesting and low- stress call center work at home environment. Very helpful tech department and few problems that were not quickly resolved. Great supervisor and overall management communication.

Cons

Must work full-time but there is enough pto to allow for some flexibility if needed.

Advice to Management

HR would be much more effective if communication with employees and their direct supervisor were more clear.

11. good

I have been working at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Pros

The environment is very good

Cons

The pay could be more

RSS Feed </> Embed